Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2017, 09:32 PM   #361
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

^ no idea. This "feud" irks me.

What's even weirder is this earth-is-flat theory that two all stars have thrown around. Are these guys that legitimately dumb? And the worst part is that others will believe this stupidity. Here I was thinking that the NBA's necessity to go to collage was a good thing. Apparently athletes do get a free pass in school in the US.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluejays For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2017, 09:37 PM   #362
Johnny199r
First Line Centre

Exp:

I don't care what NBA players, or any pro athletes have to say or what they think. I watch them play a game, that's it.
Johnny199r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 09:54 PM   #363
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

The guy on CBS radio is apoplectic about an apparent trade of Demarcus Cousins to the Pelicans for a 1st and a guy named Buddy Heild.

Any thoughts? (I really dont follow close enough to have a clue)

Edit: MOre to it apparently as New Orleans also sends a 2nd rd pick and Tyreke Evans.

Is that a better deal now?
Old 02-19-2017, 09:57 PM   #364
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Sources: New Orleans is also sending the Kings a 2017 second-round pick (via Philadelphia) and Tyreke Evans in deal, league sources said.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojVerticalNBA 11m11 minutes ago
More
Deal with the Pels includes guard Buddy Hield, and a 2017 first-round pick to the Kings for Cousins,
Old 02-19-2017, 10:26 PM   #365
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

The NBA will always pay for talent. Even if a talent like Cousins is a headcase. I don't know much about the buddy guy, but it looks like a dump of Cousins which is a headscratcher. I know the NBA salary cap requirements in any deal make it hard to do a salary for salary swap, but you'd think some team would've paid more - if he wasn't known to be a headcase.
Old 02-19-2017, 10:28 PM   #366
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Pelicans were very close on a deal for Jahlil Okafor about 1 week ago, offering a similar package except it didn't include Hield.

Highway robbery by Dell Demps, who might have saved his job as it was it very hot. Let's just say Vlade Divac and Vivek Ranadive are a hot mess in the front office.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 10:57 PM   #367
Da_Chief
Franchise Player

Exp:

Steal of a deal for the Pelicans if Cousins can co-exist with Davis, which is a big IF.

Not much of a bench in NO but if the starting 5 can get it going they can be a scary team.
Da_Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 12:03 AM   #368
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Kings lost for sure, but so did the Celtics. How could not match that offer? Jaylon Brown and one of the Nets picks is better than the Pelicans deal. If nothing else the Pelicans can always trade Cousins again later and probably do much better than the Kings did. I tend to think Cousins and AD won't really work, but it'll be fun to watch.
Old 02-20-2017, 12:09 AM   #369
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Also lol

https://twitter.com/manny_vieites/st...46633715576835
Old 02-20-2017, 12:42 AM   #370
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Kings lost for sure, but so did the Celtics. How could not match that offer? Jaylon Brown and one of the Nets picks is better than the Pelicans deal. If nothing else the Pelicans can always trade Cousins again later and probably do much better than the Kings did. I tend to think Cousins and AD won't really work, but it'll be fun to watch.
Boston could have their eye on either George or Butler, both of whom they've been linked to. That said, if I were a Boston fan I'd be pretty disappointed if they don't cash in their fantastic assets for another big piece this deadline.

This was an unspeakably bad deal for Sacramento, though. I was never a fan of Hield, but Sacramento apparently really liked him last year in the draft, and when he didn't fall to them, they traded the draft pick (which could have been the very promising Marquis Chriss) to Phoenix for a package of picks and prospects that looks to amount to very little. And now this. Tunnel-vision in regards to a draft/trade target is very dangerous.
octothorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 08:48 AM   #371
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well I think whoever trades for George long term will regret it. Would definitely rather have Butler. But in the East, Cousins is by far the best center and I think would make Boston the favorites to come out of the East if it only cost them Brown plus one of the Nets picks. Lakers also whiffed by refusing to include Brandon Ingram in a potential deal. Ingram's ceiling looks like decent starter at best, certainly not borderline best at his position like Cousins.

But the biggest winner in the Cousins trade might be....the Sixers. Yeah, goddamn those Sixers, but they have a rights swap with the Kings this year, and they also have the Kings UNPROTECTED first round pick in 2019, which suffice to say is already looking like a top 5 pick. Hinkie should retroactively win five GM of the year awards in a row #TrustTheProcess.
Old 02-20-2017, 04:32 PM   #372
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Vlade Divac on trading DeMarcus Cousins: "I had a better deal two days ago". All I can say is dumbass....

http://deadspin.com/kings-gm-vlade-d...ium=socialflow

Old 02-20-2017, 06:03 PM   #373
St. Pats
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Raptors could pick up Matt Barnes for nothing if they choose to do so. On waivers due to the Cousins trade. Vet who plays tough defense and would be good for 5-7 mins or as backup for injuries. Way out there attitude wise but the Raptors are so soft they could use a thug.
St. Pats is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to St. Pats For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2017, 09:10 PM   #374
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Pats View Post
Raptors could pick up Matt Barnes for nothing if they choose to do so. On waivers due to the Cousins trade. Vet who plays tough defense and would be good for 5-7 mins or as backup for injuries. Way out there attitude wise but the Raptors are so soft they could use a thug.
Yup, I'd be in for Matt Barnes. The only problem I could see with him being around is his attitude rubbing off on players, with guys like Lowry feeling they have to overprove themselves more than they need to - then leading to selfish play. But if the other players keep playing their game and you have Barnes being the stirrer, I'm all for it. I'm not sure the guy would want to be in Toronto, but I'm sure there are many teams that'd line up for him.
Old 02-20-2017, 09:52 PM   #375
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Celtics just followed Carmelo on IG - and right after that Isaiah Thomas tweeted tweeted out some eyes.

Old 02-20-2017, 11:27 PM   #376
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I wonder if a package of JV, Ross, and a first would have got the Raptors Cousins? In my opinion that is a better deal for the Kings and for the Raps Cousins > JV + Ibaka. Cousins would completely dominate the East.
TheAlpineOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 12:25 AM   #377
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
The Celtics just followed Carmelo on IG - and right after that Isaiah Thomas tweeted tweeted out some eyes.

Isiah Thomas tweeted out some eyes? Holy!!!

Jk I know what you mean, saw the same thing.
Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 08:04 AM   #378
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Celtics fans, from dreaming about AD, Cousins, Butler and George....to maybe getting Carmelo lol. Ouch. But I guess so long as it doesn't cost them any of the Nets picks it's not too awful.
Old 02-21-2017, 12:09 PM   #379
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well the Lakers just fired Mitch Kupchak and Jimmy Buss, and appointed Magic as President of Basketball ops. So obviously worth wondering if their whiff on Cousins prompted this.
Old 02-21-2017, 12:13 PM   #380
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Well the Lakers just fired Mitch Kupchak and Jimmy Buss, and appointed Magic as President of Basketball ops. So obviously worth wondering if their whiff on Cousins prompted this.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
competitive disparity , in masai we trust , minny is further north , nat'l blowout association , nba 2k17 is the bomb , swept away , yawnba