Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2015, 02:36 PM   #41
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

#### me. Donald trump is #1 in republican polls after his racist speech. Jesus christ..... MURICA!!!!!!

http://www.mediaite.com/online/trump...onal-gop-poll/
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...-national-poll
combustiblefuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 04:02 PM   #42
T@T
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by combustiblefuel View Post
#### me. Donald trump is #1 in republican polls after his racist speech. Jesus christ..... MURICA!!!!!!

http://www.mediaite.com/online/trump...onal-gop-poll/
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...-national-poll
Not surprised, Trump is no idiot, he knows America is made up of a lot of racists, if he locks them up he's halfway home.

His competition is weak as well, Do American's want to trust another Bush? Do they want a hot headed Paul with a flat tax?
T@T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 06:39 PM   #43
T@T
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

He drew a huge applause today in Arizona when he said he would tax car company's 35% coming over the border from Mexico, I assume this means the end of free trade.

In a way I don't blame him for this, Ford pulled out of a $1.2 billion deal for a factory in Tennessee and another in Michigan to build a $2.4b plant in Mexico. That's a lot of American jobs just because labor is 10% down there.
The Following User Says Thank You to T@T For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2015, 12:03 AM   #44
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by T@T View Post
He drew a huge applause today in Arizona when he said he would tax car company's 35% coming over the border from Mexico, I assume this means the end of free trade.

In a way I don't blame him for this, Ford pulled out of a $1.2 billion deal for a factory in Tennessee and another in Michigan to build a $2.4b plant in Mexico. That's a lot of American jobs just because labor is 10% down there.
How can we trust he didnt hire everyone in the audience like he did when he annouced his candidacy.
combustiblefuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 06:07 AM   #45
Caged Great
Franchise Player

Exp:

the entire field of candidates are like the B-team from last go around. Is there anyone even remotely close to being as good of a candidate as Mitt Romney. I don't see it. Scott Walker is probably going to be the name on the top of the ticket and he will lose.
Fireside Chat - The #1 Flames Fan Podcast - FiresideChat.ca
Caged Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 10:32 AM   #46
ben voyonsdonc
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caged Great View Post
the entire field of candidates are like the B-team from last go around. Is there anyone even remotely close to being as good of a candidate as Mitt Romney. I don't see it. Scott Walker is probably going to be the name on the top of the ticket and he will lose.
I have to disagree with you on this. Romney was a terrible candidate. If he has any personal warmth, he couldn't translate it into his public persona. He came off as stilted and some of his gaffes reinforced the narrative that he was petty and elitist.

I refuse to call any group of candidates that includes Herman Cain, Rick Santorum, Newt Gingrich, and Michele Bachmann as the A-team.
ben voyonsdonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 10:06 PM   #47
Daradon
Has lived the dream!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by T@T View Post

Yeah, you are correct. His comments all the way have shown he has zero knowledge of how NAFTA works. Which is weird if he's some sort of business guru

He's either telling the Republican base exactly what they want (to a crazy insane degree even Rick Perry doesn't dare), or he has zero knowledge of free trade, politics, and pretty much how the world works.

And I don't know which it is. If he is a savant though, it's weird he'd set himself up to lose a bunch of contracts through his comments.

Dude is just lucky and stubborn. And a bully. And he's proving that's all it takes in America to be rich. Just have no morals. Just step on the people below you.

Last edited by Daradon; 07-12-2015 at 10:09 PM.
Daradon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Daradon For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2015, 07:43 AM   #48
Ducay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daradon View Post
Dude is just lucky and stubborn. And a bully. And he's proving that's all it takes in America to be rich. Just have no morals. Just step on the people below you.
Well to be honest his batsh*t insane views are echo'd by a huge proportion of conservatives on the far right. Not enough votes there to win anything of significance, but he does appeal to a lot of people who feel the same.
Ducay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 07:54 AM   #49
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

It is worth remembering the Republican field currently consists of approximately 74 candidates and that participation in some of the early debates is going to be based on national polling numbers (not all candidates will get on stage). So to a degree the Donald deserves credit where its due in that he's almost certainly done enough to get into the debates as one of the top 3 candidates in polling.

Whether he can stick long term is still a big long shot because being the angriest candidate can only go so far, but the far right is of course always extremely angry so there's votes to be tapped from them. Problem is in tapping the angry far right vote, Republican candidates keep destroying their chances to win the national vote by making themselves unelectable by pandering too much. Still seems likely it's going to be Jeb vs. Hillary, though I do think for the first time sine Perot we'll see a legitimate third party option.
Old 07-13-2015, 08:05 AM   #50
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

Dave came out of retirement to take some shots at the Donald.

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/07/12...g-donald-trump

Quote:
Although he's been content since retiring as host of "Late Show" in May, Letterman called missing out on lampooning Trump's White House bid "the biggest mistake of my life."
Appearing with his pals Martin Short and Steve Martin at their live comedy show Friday night in San Antonio, he made up for lost time:
10. That thing on his head was the gopher in "Caddyshack."
9. During sex, Donald Trump calls out his own name.
8. Donald Trump looks like the guy in the lifeboat with the women and children.
7. He wants to build a wall? How about building a wall around that thing on his head!
6. Trump walked away from a moderately successful television show for a delusional, bull... Oh, no, wait, that's me.
5. Donald Trump weighs 240 pounds -- 250 with cologne.
4. Trump would like all Americans to know that that thing on his head is free-range.
3. (tie) If President, instead of pardoning a turkey on Thanksgiving, he plans to evict a family on Thanksgiving. AND: That's not a hairdo -- it's a wind advisory.
2. Donald Trump has pissed off so many Mexicans, he's starring in a new movie entitled, "NO Amigos" (a reference to the 1986 comedy, "Three Amigos," that starred Short and Martin).
1. Thanks to Donald Trump, the Republican mascot is also an ass.
SportsJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SportsJunky For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2015, 11:00 AM   #51
carbonrod
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by combustiblefuel View Post
How can we trust he didnt hire everyone in the audience like he did when he annouced his candidacy.
This is way too common in modern politics. I remember the federal liberals doing it in many areas in the last election. I am sure other parties did it as well.
carbonrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 11:39 AM   #52
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caged Great View Post
Walker isn't well known enough and what he is known for is driving Wisconsin's economy into the ground, he won't get the nomination. The only person in the entire republican field who has a shot at electability is Bush, and it seems like the conservative right is treating him exactly like they did Romney. They flock to any flavor of the week candidate because Bush isn't conservative enough for them, but in the end after they've gone through the entire list of bat#### crazies they'll reluctantly support Bush as the nominee
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 06:54 PM   #53
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

Walker is known for driving Wisconsin's economy into the ground?

No.

Walker is known for standing up to the unions, having the unions force a recall, then winning again and bringing in much needed reforms.

Don't confuse austerity budgets with ruining an economy. It's much harder to cut than it is to spend.
Old 07-13-2015, 07:23 PM   #54
T@T
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer_carlson View Post
Walker is known for driving Wisconsin's economy into the ground?

No.

Walker is known for standing up to the unions, having the unions force a recall, then winning again and bringing in much needed reforms.

Don't confuse austerity budgets with ruining an economy. It's much harder to cut than it is to spend.
Scott Walker's nic name should be "flip flop" with how many times he's changed his mind on issues like ObamaCare, Abortion and concealed gun laws.

He will get absolutely destroyed in any debate.
Old 07-13-2015, 07:30 PM   #55
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

No he wont.

He'll be one of the few who can actually say he's tried a difficult issue or two after being elected and actually come out on top.

With Walker, Christie and especially Trump (who will say anything) in the debate, the guys who try to ride the fence will be crucified. Cruz won't come out so golden either.
Old 07-13-2015, 07:32 PM   #56
BigBrodieFan
Franchise Player

Exp:

My theory-

Jeb Bush paid off Trump to make the asinine comments about Mexican Immigrants to unite the Immigrant vote to the already-loved-by-immigrants Jeb Bush- who has made his entire political career on enhancing education and being pro-immigration.

Trump would NEVER really want to be president because he would have to release his financial information and there is no way in hell he would do that. He's in cahoots with Bush- or some other Politician to divert attention- I know it sounds far fetched but hell- nothing at all would surprise me.
BigBrodieFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 07:34 PM   #57
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

The famous drug dealer that escaped from that Mexican prison threatened him on Twitter today.

This is like a trainwreck you can't turn away from.
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 07:41 PM   #58
BigBrodieFan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muta View Post
The famous drug dealer that escaped from that Mexican prison threatened him on Twitter today.

I guess the drug lord isn't too worried about ip addresses..
BigBrodieFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 07:45 PM   #59
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muta View Post

The ####ed up thing is those cartel assassins would actually do it.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 08:07 PM   #60
T@T
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer_carlson View Post
No he wont.

He'll be one of the few who can actually say he's tried a difficult issue or two after being elected and actually come out on top.

With Walker, Christie and especially Trump (who will say anything) in the debate, the guys who try to ride the fence will be crucified. Cruz won't come out so golden either.
If you really need an example of how stupid Walker is read this.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickunga...bcs-this-week/