Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2015, 10:18 PM   #201
hockey.modern
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesKickAss View Post
Any Xbox one users want my code? I switched to a PS4 but got a code for Xbox one so I can't use it

Yes please if not taken.
Old 07-31-2015, 09:37 AM   #202
FlamesKickAss
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey.modern View Post
Yes please if not taken.
Sorry was PMed before this post.
FlamesKickAss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 10:38 AM   #203
AcGold
Self-Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by secol View Post
yes there is a dynamic mid/low/high. in the twitch feed they used the dynamic mid

and no although they mentioned they are still tweaking the player indicators
For some reason the player indicators are incredibly distracting for me, can't get over how much they change the realism of the game especially with graphics improving now.
AcGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 11:12 AM   #204
mdubz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcGold View Post
For some reason the player indicators are incredibly distracting for me, can't get over how much they change the realism of the game especially with graphics improving now.
I lose the puck all the time in them as well.
mdubz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 11:57 AM   #205
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Can they be toned down or removed?
Russic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 12:48 PM   #206
LGA
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailer Fire View Post
They did that in previous games. I drafted a 6'9 guy one year and he topped out at 6'11 and over 250 lbs. I'd also like to see the height minimums lowered. Why wouldn't I be allowed to make a guy that's 5'3? I want my speedy shifty wheel demon. 5'7 just doesn't cut it.
I actually had one guy glitch out on me. He was near the height max, and he grew resulting in him rolling over to the height min.
LGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 01:28 PM   #207
tknez16
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGA View Post
I actually had one guy glitch out on me. He was near the height max, and he grew resulting in him rolling over to the height min.

Awesome. Reminds me of, I think, 07, when I had Regehr's +/- roll over from +255 to -255. I was quite disappointed because there were only 20 or so games left in the season to fix his numbers.

Yeah, I played on super easy mode.
tknez16 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tknez16 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2015, 02:58 PM   #208
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

Does anyone have a code for PS4, please? I sold my copy of NHL 15.
Old 07-31-2015, 03:01 PM   #209
FlamesKickAss
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipper is King View Post
Does anyone have a code for PS4, please? I sold my copy of NHL 15.
Same here!! Anyone?
FlamesKickAss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 04:57 PM   #210
iLoveLamp
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Anyone getting the "Failed to retrieve data; please try again later message"? Every time I click on the beta icon in the main menu of 15, it gives me that. Someone send help pls
iLoveLamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 06:19 PM   #211
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

does anyone have an idea on when EA will present new info for their line up @ gamescom next week?
White Out 403 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 08:54 AM   #212
Anduril
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLoveLamp View Post
Anyone getting the "Failed to retrieve data; please try again later message"? Every time I click on the beta icon in the main menu of 15, it gives me that. Someone send help pls
http://help.ea.com/en/article/ea-spo...d-information/
Anduril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 09:10 AM   #213
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

How the hell does one play this? I just want to play.

Do I have to scour the internet to find forums and join them to have a matchmaking forum to look for open teams then ask to join then join then hope they're not playing then wait until they're done then hope I get over in time to join a game?
Street Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 10:16 AM   #214
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Pharmacist View Post
How the hell does one play this? I just want to play.

Do I have to scour the internet to find forums and join them to have a matchmaking forum to look for open teams then ask to join then join then hope they're not playing then wait until they're done then hope I get over in time to join a game?
This to me is insane. I understand they want data points for their beta (that's the goal), but all I've seen in 2 days is a room with 15 people in it sitting around waiting 25 minutes for 5 of them to finish a game, and then a frantic first-come-first-serve to get into the next one. I chatted with a few people yesterday in the "dressing room" that had yet to play. I managed to get into 2 games so far, both of which crashed on me during the warmup.

The point of a beta is to identify problems, but by releasing it publicly like this you are ensuring that a lot of people partake in a broken experience. That's fine if you appreciate what a beta is, but I bet the majority do not. I even count myself among the users that probably shouldn't have done this. Despite understanding the purpose of a beta, it's left a sour taste in my mouth (as has almost every beta I've been a part of).

I suppose the obvious answer to my bellyaching is to create a team that maxes out at 5 players, then delete it when done.
Russic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 10:27 AM   #215
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russic View Post
This to me is insane. I understand they want data points for their beta (that's the goal), but all I've seen in 2 days is a room with 15 people in it sitting around waiting 25 minutes for 5 of them to finish a game, and then a frantic first-come-first-serve to get into the next one. I chatted with a few people yesterday in the "dressing room" that had yet to play. I managed to get into 2 games so far, both of which crashed on me during the warmup.

The point of a beta is to identify problems, but by releasing it publicly like this you are ensuring that a lot of people partake in a broken experience. That's fine if you appreciate what a beta is, but I bet the majority do not. I even count myself among the users that probably shouldn't have done this. Despite understanding the purpose of a beta, it's left a sour taste in my mouth (as has almost every beta I've been a part of).

I suppose the obvious answer to my bellyaching is to create a team that maxes out at 5 players, then delete it when done.
I'll join right now if you're up to it
Old 08-01-2015, 10:29 AM   #216
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

PSN KaMiHu if you wanna try
Old 08-01-2015, 11:30 AM   #217
DatSOOKin
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I'm interested to give it a try too. Probably not today though.

PSN: Gaudreau2Money
DatSOOKin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 02:31 PM   #218
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

I really wish EA would have released a normal demo. I only got to play half a game before my connection got lost and I'm already annoyed with the beta.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 02:33 PM   #219
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nvm

Last edited by Weitz; 08-01-2015 at 02:38 PM.
Weitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 04:11 PM   #220
Diemenz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russic View Post

I think it's important to remember that they listed this as a NHL 16 EASHL beta. Their goal is to test a mode which was the most used online mode because it was missing from last years experience. I can understand some of the frustration but at the same time understand that this beta is EASHL only and that's how it should be judged.