Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 02-22-2017, 05:25 AM   #81
Rhettzky
Franchise Player

Exp:

AMA is giving the 25% off offer for Canadians plus another 10% for Disney tickets right now.

The offer ends at the end of this month.
Old 02-22-2017, 09:10 AM   #82
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
Stay in California Adventure for the majority of the trip. Hit the main park one day and spend the rest in CaliAdvent. The rides and attractions are far better in the other park.
100% Disagree, the main disney park is far superior. Outside of California Screamin and Midway Mania, I don't find the park to have that many great attractions.

Mickey's Horror Wheel is okay if you don't take the swinging gondolas.

Overall it can't compete with Space Mountain, Big Thunder, Matterhorn Bobsleds, Indiana Jones.
Otto-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Otto-matic For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2017, 09:18 AM   #83
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto-matic View Post
100% Disagree, the main disney park is far superior. Outside of California Screamin and Midway Mania, I don't find the park to have that many great attractions.

Mickey's Horror Wheel is okay if you don't take the swinging gondolas.

Overall it can't compete with Space Mountain, Big Thunder, Matterhorn Bobsleds, Indiana Jones.
I like the main park better, but soarin and grizzly river run are very good rides
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bizaro86 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2017, 10:04 AM   #84
mrkajz44
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KootenayFlamesFan View Post
Thanks everyone, we have been before, about 4 years ago. So we have a pretty good grasp on the parks (my kid loved Tower of Terror last time, she is not happy it's gone.)
Couldn't remember what we did last time for a shuttle. I'll check out SuperShuttle. And man, tickets are crazy. I knew there were pricey, but we want to go for 5 days, not cheap.
I heard this was being removed and am super disappointed. The Tower of Terror is like a Disney institution; it's like getting rid of Space Mountain or Splash Mountain.

Also, I know you said you've been there before, but 5 days at just Disneyland and California Adventure seems a bit much based on the size of the parks. I'd suggest 2-3 days at those parks and take the extra days to do something a bit different (Universal, Legoland, LA Angles baseball, etc.)
Old 02-22-2017, 10:12 AM   #85
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Tower of Terror is turning into the GoTG ride I think? And the best ride in DCA is Radiator Springs Racer, hands down. That ride is awesome.
Old 02-22-2017, 10:37 AM   #86
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkajz44 View Post
I heard this was being removed and am super disappointed. The Tower of Terror is like a Disney institution; it's like getting rid of Space Mountain or Splash Mountain.

Also, I know you said you've been there before, but 5 days at just Disneyland and California Adventure seems a bit much based on the size of the parks. I'd suggest 2-3 days at those parks and take the extra days to do something a bit different (Universal, Legoland, LA Angles baseball, etc.)
We're going for a week, 5 days to Disney, 1 day to Universal. 5 days may seem like a lot, but that's what we went for last time and it was fine. We hit pretty much everything by day 4, so the last day we took our time and our kids went on their favorite rides one more time. We might not go again for a while so if we hit a few rides 2 or 3 times it's fine by us.
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 10:55 AM   #87
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
Tower of Terror is turning into the GoTG ride I think? And the best ride in DCA is Radiator Springs Racer, hands down. That ride is awesome.
Yeah, Tower of Terror will be a Guardians of the Galaxy ride when it re-opens. It will be the same ride, just with a different theme.

It allows Disney to make use of the Marvel characters, and they won't have to pay CBS for the rights to the Twilight Zone (although, they'll still have the Twilight Zone theme in Florida, where they can't use the Marvel characters because of the old contract between Marvel and Universal). Long term, this is just the first step in turning that side of California Adventure into a Marvel themed land.
Old 02-22-2017, 06:30 PM   #88
fundmark19
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhettzky View Post
AMA is giving the 25% off offer for Canadians plus another 10% for Disney tickets right now.

The offer ends at the end of this month.
Do you know where to find this? I went to purchase and they said it was only 25
fundmark19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 09:07 PM   #89
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundmark19 View Post
Do you know where to find this? I went to purchase and they said it was only 25
+1 If the discount is 35% off (or even 25%+10%) I will be moving a trip from fall 2018 to january 2018 to take advantage...
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 10:09 PM   #90
Rhettzky
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's through AMA. But I should have been clearer. The Disneyland website is offering 25% off their ticket prices for Canadians.

So it works out to $222.00 USD for an adult ticket.

AMA members can get an additional discount on top of that. Generally the AMA discount was close to 10%. At the link it doesn't specify it just says you get an additional discount.

Last edited by Rhettzky; 02-22-2017 at 10:11 PM.
Rhettzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 11:07 AM   #91
MacDaddy77
First Line Centre

Exp:

from people who have been is the Front of the Line ticket at Universal Hollywood really worth it? Looks like most popular rides (Mummy, Transformers, and Jurassic) all open at 10 am. If we buy online we'll get early access to the park and can go to Harry Potter land from 8-9:30 ish and then go do the other rides.

It's $450 CDN more to get the fast pass. We're in disneyland Friday-sunday then driving to Universal and spending the day there Monday March 27. I'm thinking we should be good without them but wondering peoples experience.

27th is going to be a long day, we're driving back to phoenix that night to spend 6 days with grandparents so I'll be pounding the Monster energy drinks!
MacDaddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 01:05 PM   #92
mrkajz44
First Line Centre

Exp:

I've never been to Universal Hollywood, but I have been to the one in Orlando. Even though they are very expensive, I would say the front of the line pass is worth it. The line-ups are really hit and miss, but the long ones are LONG.

The only caveat to this is my experience is without kids. I can go the whole day at the park, so the passes are worth it. Depending on the ages of the children, if they tire out too early, the pass decreases in value.
Old 03-20-2017, 01:42 PM   #93
Fire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDaddy77 View Post
from people who have been is the Front of the Line ticket at Universal Hollywood really worth it? Looks like most popular rides (Mummy, Transformers, and Jurassic) all open at 10 am. If we buy online we'll get early access to the park and can go to Harry Potter land from 8-9:30 ish and then go do the other rides.

It's $450 CDN more to get the fast pass. We're in disneyland Friday-sunday then driving to Universal and spending the day there Monday March 27. I'm thinking we should be good without them but wondering peoples experience.

27th is going to be a long day, we're driving back to phoenix that night to spend 6 days with grandparents so I'll be pounding the Monster energy drinks!
You are going on a Monday which isn't a holiday but according to this link: https://www.undercovertourist.com/bl...ios-hollywood/ you are going during one of the busiest times. If you were going on the weekend I would definitely recommend a fast pass but you might be ok on a Monday.

Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fire For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2017, 01:46 PM   #94
MacDaddy77
First Line Centre

Exp:

We'll be in Disneyland during the weekend and have fastpasses already planned out for that
Old 03-21-2017, 07:45 PM   #95
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDaddy77 View Post

Just got back home today from our trip. Both Disney and Universal were very busy, lots of spring breakers from Canada and the U.S. there. We went to Universal on Friday, we went on a shuttle that had people from several hotels, we didn't even leave Anaheim until around 9. By the time we dropped some people off in Hollywood and got up to Universal it was about 11. We went to the Harry Potter area first (pretty awesome scenery there, I was pretty blown away, if you like Potter at all you gotta go), got in line for the big Potter ride (name escapes me right now) and it was about an hour line up. Lots of people with fast passes or whatever they're called walked by and I gotta say I was pretty jealous. There's a small roller coaster there that was about a 15 minute wait that lasted fro about 30 seconds, pretty disappointing but good for smaller kids. We then headed to the lower level and Jurrasic was about 30-40 minute wait, Mummy was about 20, Transformers was about 30-40. After that we only had time for the Simpsons ride, the Studio Tour ride, and more time spent in the Potter area before our day was wrapped up.

Obviously the times I gave change by the hour, just letting you know what we found on Friday. I will say if we could afford it, especially going for only 1 day, I'd get the front of the line passes to make sure you see everything you can. If you get those passes and get there early you should see quite a bit more than we did. We were just there about 6 years ago so we have seen most of it, but would have been nice to see more this time around.
The Following User Says Thank You to KootenayFlamesFan For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2017, 08:16 PM   #96
Stormchaser
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

We are taking the kids down to Disney for 3 days next month but will hit Universal the day before. We just went through all the Potter movies and the kids are pretty excited about it. Hopefully the lineups are manageable since we will be there a day after spring break ends.
Stormchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 09:09 PM   #97
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormchaser View Post
We are taking the kids down to Disney for 3 days next month but will hit Universal the day before. We just went through all the Potter movies and the kids are pretty excited about it. Hopefully the lineups are manageable since we will be there a day after spring break ends.
Thing is, there are different spring breaks for different parts of North America. Hopefully when you go it is less busy than what we saw, it was still great but smaller crowds and line up times would have been nicer. And you will love the Potter area, I was pretty blown away by all the attention to detail, it was very impressive. Have a good time!
The Following User Says Thank You to KootenayFlamesFan For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2017, 09:34 PM   #98
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

With universal like all the parks get to the front of the gate 1/2hr before the park opens. If driving from Disneyland allow 2hrs for traffic.

Once there do Olivanders wand shop first as it is very slow moving followed by the big Harry Potter ride followed by the hippograph.

Then head down to the lower lot as it opens and do transformers as it opens then do the rest of the rides before lunch and the studio tour and shows in the afternoon
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2017, 11:07 AM   #99
MacDaddy77
First Line Centre

Exp:

Thanks for the suggestions. We're not doing front of the line. We're leaving Disneyland at 6am on monday and driving to Universal. Harry potter opens at 8 with early access and the other 3 open at 10 so we should be able to get to the park 1/2 hr before early access opens and then have 1/5 hrs around harry potter before lining up for Transformers, Pirates & mummy
Old 03-26-2017, 04:04 PM   #100
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

those who went to Universal Studios, talk to be about the Walking Dead ride. Will it be too much for my 9 and 7 year olds?