Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2013, 06:29 AM   #21
NBC
Account closed at user's request.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
You won't find that many places that are all inclusive in Europe anyways. The reason Mexico, etc.. can get away with it is they have ridiculously cheap labour, food, and booze. When things cost 4x the price in Europe, it's hard to make it economical.

Although it might exist in parts of Eastern Europe, I'd be shocked to see an all you can drink vacation offered for a reasonable sum in Europe.

Like others have said, much of Europe has cheap (by our standards) good booze to buy locally. You're much better off sampling that than drinking from a Marguerittaville for a week.
Basically all of coastal Spain from Malaga to Barcelona is is rife with all-inclusive resorts, packed with drunken Brits, Germans and Scandinavians. Greece too. Malta, Portugal, the Balearic Islands, Canary Islands. The list is quite exhaustive. These types of places aren't common in Switzerland, Poland or the Low Countries, but there are many, many areas along the Mediterranean coast that cater to those types of tourists. See Benidorm and Kavos.
NBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:05 AM   #22
gargamel
First Line Centre

Exp:

I second the Mediterranean cruise idea. That would give you all the comforts of an all-inclusive while still allowing you to see some different locations. I know people who have done cruises of just the Greek islands, and cruises that hit a few countries like Spain, Italy and Croatia, and they all had a great time.

If you're looking for an all-inclusive where you can just stay on the resort and hit the beach, though, you're much better off sticking with the Carribean, Mexico or even Hawaii, as all of those places are going to be cheaper (with the possible exception of Hawaii) and have nicer beaches than anything you'd find in Europe.
gargamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:22 AM   #23
kermitology
It's not easy being green!

Exp:

I spent a couple of days in Antalya in June. I was in Turkey for my honeymoon. In my opinion, you will be more bored than you were in the Caribbean. Turkey is a great country, and the Mediterranean is amazing, but you'd be better off finding a small place just outside of Fethiya than in Antalya. Antalya is very popular with Russian tourists, and is full of shops selling knock off goods and Adidas track suits.

Istanbul is awesome, and the Mediterranean is amazing, I would agree with the idea of a cruise, or just do a trip that isn't all inclusive.

Last thought, Antalya is FATAING HOT. It was about 45 with no wind when I was there. It was oppressive.

Also, the moment I saw "all inclusive Europe" I immediately thought Turkey.

Last edited by kermitology; 04-10-2013 at 09:14 AM.
kermitology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:14 AM   #24
Sheva #7
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKflames View Post
Firstly this is completly false, there are loads of All inclusive resorts here in Europe, I should know I work in travel in England and have taken my family to an All inclusive resort for the last 6 years.

You are totally going in the right direction with Turkey for All Inclusives, they do them very well. There are also good ones in the Canary Islands and a few in the Greek islands but Turkey is best. The vast majority of them cater for families with water parks as standard and many also have a golf course, if that is your game. A lot of the rooms are set up American style (ie 2 doubles etc.) but there are hotels with 2 bedded rooms or such like if you are travelling as a family and want some privacy Lots of options at this point.

What type of hotel are you looking for (star rating etc), is it just you and your partner or a family with kids? If you can give me a a bit of info i will try and make some suggestions.
I'm looking at 3.5 star or so, somewhere in Turkey where it would be fun - lots of bars, nightclubs, restaurants, younger crowd. I heard great things about Antalya, so that's the preferrred location unless someone can suggest more fun place in Turkey? I'm going with a lady friend from Europe, so no kids.

Thanks for all your feedback.
Sheva #7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:23 AM   #25
Sheva #7
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBC View Post
Basically all of coastal Spain from Malaga to Barcelona is is rife with all-inclusive resorts, packed with drunken Brits, Germans and Scandinavians. Greece too. Malta, Portugal, the Balearic Islands, Canary Islands. The list is quite exhaustive. These types of places aren't common in Switzerland, Poland or the Low Countries, but there are many, many areas along the Mediterranean coast that cater to those types of tourists. See Benidorm and Kavos.

Thanks for the info, can you recommend any good all-inclusinves on the coastal Spain from Malaga to Barcelona. Prefererrably good for nightlife, bars, restaurants and younger crowd.

Thanks,
Sheva #7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:07 AM   #26
prarieboy
Late Bloomer

Exp:

I was in Bulgaria at an all-inclusive two years ago. It was great. Not as many restaurants as the typical Mexican resort but we really enjoyed it.
We stayed at the Hotel Kaliakra in Albena.
prarieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to prarieboy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2013, 11:28 AM   #27
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Tunisia has some I'm pretty sure cause thats where my cousin went for her Honey Moon.

Although... That was before the civil war thing.
polak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:54 AM   #28
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by prarieboy View Post
I was in Bulgaria at an all-inclusive two years ago. It was great. Not as many restaurants as the typical Mexican resort but we really enjoyed it.
We stayed at the Hotel Kaliakra in Albena.
Interesting - I had to look up where that is (on the Black Sea NE of Varna):

http://www.hotelkaliakra.com/index.php/en/index/
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:53 AM   #29
NBC
Account closed at user's request.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheva #7 View Post
Thanks for the info, can you recommend any good all-inclusinves on the coastal Spain from Malaga to Barcelona. Prefererrably good for nightlife, bars, restaurants and younger crowd.

Thanks,
I've not been to any personally, but I know that hundreds of thousands of Europeans descend upon Benidorm during the summer months for exactly what you say - restaurants, bars, nightlife, etc. Lots of people head to Alicante, which is 50km from Benidorm and closer to the airport.

My suggestion is to use the forums on TripAdvisor. There you will find countless people who have tangible knowledge of this area and will be able to better advise that myself.

Happy hunting!
NBC is offline   Reply With Quote