Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2024, 10:23 AM   #2181
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

The bigger the idiot the larger the dog, its a direct relationship.
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to burn_this_city For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2024, 10:24 AM   #2182
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
Just shows how stupid that breed is, this is like a baby seal charging a great white.

I doubt there's another breed of dog that would try to attack a 2000lb animal.
Pit bulls are an offshoot of bulldogs, which were bred to harass and attack bulls. Hence the name. Though in their original function of bull-baiting, there would be 4 or 5 dogs to one bull.

Last edited by CliffFletcher; 04-03-2024 at 10:34 AM.
CliffFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 10:33 AM   #2183
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Bumface View Post
Has anyone looked at the requirements to get approval for a backyard chicken?

Amazing the rigour required to have fresh eggs vs. the ability to acquire a murder machine.
Adopting a dog from a rescue org is very lengthy and difficult. Multiple written applications, interviews, and a home inspection. It takes months. There are often six or seven applicants per dog, so they can afford to be choosey.

The problem is you can just skip all that and get a dog from someone on kijiji or through a backyard breeder. And that’s very difficult to stamp out. Anything short of door-to-door inspections of homes would be ineffective, but such intrusive measures are costly (not to mention legally dubious).

We rely on voluntary compliance for most of this stuff. But with dogs being in such high demand these days, there’s enough financial incentive for puppy mills and backyard breeders to carry on discreetly and risk a very small likelihood of being busted.
CliffFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 10:45 AM   #2184
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffFletcher View Post
Adopting a dog from a rescue org is very lengthy and difficult. Multiple written applications, interviews, and a home inspection. It takes months. There are often six or seven applicants per dog, so they can afford to be choosey.

The problem is you can just skip all that and get a dog from someone on kijiji or through a backyard breeder. And that’s very difficult to stamp out. Anything short of door-to-door inspections of homes would be ineffective, but such intrusive measures are costly (not to mention legally dubious).

We rely on voluntary compliance for most of this stuff. But with dogs being in such high demand these days, there’s enough financial incentive for puppy mills and backyard breeders to carry on discreetly and risk a very small likelihood of being busted.
Yeah. I hate dogs, but if I wanted one I wouldn't waste a millisecond of my time getting vetted by some annoying organization or government agency lol. I'd hop on Kijiji and get whatever the fk dog I wanted. I imagine trashy people have this opinion x10.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2024, 11:05 AM   #2185
Engine09
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Go after dog breeders first, with so many strays needing homes it should not be allowed at all. Breed pitbulls and you're arrested.
Engine09 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Engine09 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2024, 06:28 PM   #2186
AFireInside
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffFletcher View Post
Pit bulls are an offshoot of bulldogs, which were bred to harass and attack bulls. Hence the name. Though in their original function of bull-baiting, there would be 4 or 5 dogs to one bull.
They are an offshoot of the old English bulldog which is similar to an american bulldog, they were then bred with terriers.

The American bulldog or old English bulldog is not what people think of when they envision a bulldog. They look like Pitbull.

Even the term old English bulldog is basically meaningless now. People often use that term to say non pure bred English bulldog but they are still the very short, slow lazy English bulldog most people think of.
AFireInside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 03:59 AM   #2187
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn_this_city View Post
The bigger the idiot the larger the dog, its a direct relationship.
I disagree. The last dogs over 30 years I've owned are Blue healer, red nose pitbull ,boxer , lab and kangel x 2 and currently a Akbash.

So 50lbs dogs to the current 130 lds . What point are you trying to actually make the Akbash is the best "natured dog" I've ever had .she's the Rockstar of our 4 block neighborhood. Everyone knows here by name and we have uowards of 5 to 8 play dates a DAY. AND shebplaysbwithbeach dog according tobtheit size. Even with out level 3 guard dog training she just love every one and child. The best trained dog I onween was lexi the rare red nose pitbull. We took her through level 3 guard trai8 since she was age 3 months tho. My worst trained dogs are a tie . The blue healer and lab. Both just didn't want to listen to any thing. Both just off on their own worlds. The boxer was no better in3rd postion

I don't get your hate. I have 3 degrees I ain't dumb. My dog is well known in a 12 block rural radious. You are just wrong.

Mabey I just take offense because I am responsible owner . I research the breed first and pay out the nose for the correct training if needed. My current akbash is fully trained in non verbal commands and of leash activities. She's just trained that my hand movements are life and that's that. She's a big dog at 130lbs.

Your just a.bias idiot that knows nothing it seems.

We have a 80 old lady on our street that is a retired biochemical engineer on out street with the most sweet great Dane ever name Matilda. Mitildas 3 years old and the lady is 5 foot. 1. So your just an ass

I've always found the opposite ppl than own lassa apaos, chihuahuas,m8n busses etc are dumber than dirt as they can't even get them to sit and wait

Last edited by combustiblefuel; 04-07-2024 at 04:20 AM.
combustiblefuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 06:08 AM   #2188
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah there's nothing wrong with big dogs, the big ones are usually the most docile and great with kids or even strangers, it's the dogs like Pitbull's and Rottweiler's that were bred to kill or bite the face off someone when they get pissed off are the ones I have a problem with.

And I agree, those little yappy lap dogs should be fired to the sun.
Snuffleupagus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 09:30 AM   #2189
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

Can anyone in Nanaimo perform a welfare check?
Bill Bumface is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Bill Bumface For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2024, 09:40 AM   #2190
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Bumface View Post
Can anyone in Nanaimo perform a welfare check?
Last edited by combustiblefuel; 04-07-2024 at 04:20 AM.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 11:10 AM   #2191
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by combustiblefuel View Post
I disagree. The last dogs over 30 years I've owned are Blue healer, red nose pitbull ,boxer , lab and kangel x 2 and currently a Akbash.

So 50lbs dogs to the current 130 lds . What point are you trying to actually make the Akbash is the best "natured dog" I've ever had .she's the Rockstar of our 4 block neighborhood. Everyone knows here by name and we have uowards of 5 to 8 play dates a DAY. AND shebplaysbwithbeach dog according tobtheit size. Even with out level 3 guard dog training she just love every one and child. The best trained dog I onween was lexi the rare red nose pitbull. We took her through level 3 guard trai8 since she was age 3 months tho. My worst trained dogs are a tie . The blue healer and lab. Both just didn't want to listen to any thing. Both just off on their own worlds. The boxer was no better in3rd postion

I don't get your hate. I have 3 degrees I ain't dumb. My dog is well known in a 12 block rural radious. You are just wrong.

Mabey I just take offense because I am responsible owner . I research the breed first and pay out the nose for the correct training if needed. My current akbash is fully trained in non verbal commands and of leash activities. She's just trained that my hand movements are life and that's that. She's a big dog at 130lbs.

We have a 80 old lady on our street that is a retired biochemical engineer on out street with the most sweet great Dane ever name Matilda. Mitildas 3 years old and the lady is 5 foot. 1. So your just an ass

I've always found the opposite ppl than own lassa apaos, chihuahuas,m8n busses etc are dumber than dirt as they can't even get them to sit and wait
Is this post an extremely well made, elaborate joke?
Old 04-07-2024, 11:13 AM   #2192
Titan2
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I am curious what a "m8n busses" might have been.
The Following User Says Thank You to Titan2 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2024, 11:14 AM   #2193
Titan2
Scoring Winger

Exp:

And the first result when googling Kangel left me very confused.
Old 04-07-2024, 11:25 AM   #2194
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

10/10 would read and at least attempt to understand what was being said again
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2024, 01:01 PM   #2195
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
.she's the Rockstar of our 4 block neighborhood. Everyone knows here by name and we have uowards of 5 to 8 play dates a DAY.

she just love every one and child. The best trained dog I onween was lexi the rare red nose pitbull. . My dog is well known in a 12 block rural radious. You are just wrong.

lol people are nice to you about your big scary dogs because they know only an unhinged crazy guy would own such psycho dogs. I'd keep you on my good side, too.

I'll tell you a secret, though. Everyone hates your dogs, they think you're crazy and they will literally celebrate the day you and your dogs move away.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2024, 02:53 PM   #2196
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Another issue with dogs and behaviour is that anyone can call themselves a professional dog trainer. That profession has 0 regulations or oversight from a committee so you could bring your precious pit bull, let’s call her Mittens, to Peter’s dog walking, grooming and professional pet training company. Because Mittens has shown aggressive behaviour in the past (quelle surprise) you decide to google dog aggression trainers to get a handle on it. You call the first (paid for) link on google and it leads you to Peter.

And who shows up to teach you about dog behaviour? An ex pet store employee who snoozed through their mandatory hour and a half on-boarding and is now a professional dog trainer utilizing prong collars, shock collars and choke chains. Now all the warning signs that your aggressive dog is irritated have been eliminated due to punitive training, your pit bull is now ready to chew on someone’s face.

If a dog trainer doesn’t have a diploma in dog behaviour (yes they exist) they’re probably some backyard hack.
PaperBagger'14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 03:08 PM   #2197
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan2 View Post

It’s when a mommy bus loves a daddy bus…
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2024, 03:09 PM   #2198
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Quote:

Which schools did you get your degrees from? Hopefully once you sober up you can clarify a few things.
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 04:32 PM   #2199
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan2 View Post
Min Pins (miniature pinschers) would be my guess. I figure the 8 should be an I from keyboard layout but I have no clue how pins would turn into busses.
PaperBagger'14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 04:45 PM   #2200
D as in David
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
It’s when a mommy bus loves a daddy bus…
NSFW!
D as in David is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dog attack puppy barking