Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who do you think gets to meet Lucile first?
Glenn 66 47.14%
Rosita 0 0%
Daryl 10 7.14%
Michonne 2 1.43%
Abe 31 22.14%
Maggie 4 2.86%
Rick 2 1.43%
Sasha 2 1.43%
Aaron 7 5.00%
Carl 1 0.71%
Eugene 14 10.00%
Somebody else 1 0.71%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-28-2017, 06:10 PM   #1641
Radio
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Don't they have heavy machine guns now? You'd think you could just point those suckers at the junkyard and let 'er rip.

Also I hope Rick had a better plan than walking in there alone and saying "hey, remember when you betrayed us that time and shot me? Well I want to try another alliance with you."
They were destroyed in the Rick vs Daryl fight. When they threw the sack full of dynamite onto the truck that was leaking gas, then burst into flames, causing the dynamite to explode and destroy the Brownings....I am surprised they weren't killed in that explosion...it was a fair amount of dynamite.
Old 11-28-2017, 06:14 PM   #1642
Radio
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
One thing I wish they would have done this season is dedicated a portion of the 1st episode to the group going over their plan of attack.

"According to burned face guy the saviors have outposts here, here and here, this is how many look outs they have and where they are, they have about *insert number* soldiers at these locations, we are going to get these weapons here, etc, etc"

Without that it's just been a bit of a jumbled mess and hard to follow. Obviously I get what is going on overall, but like sureLoss said you have no idea how much damage they've actually done so far, stuff like that.
They didn't do it like you describe but every team had a breakdown of the outposts and details about them. They would show a shot of the intel just before they would attack.
Old 11-28-2017, 07:55 PM   #1643
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
It WAS ridiculous. You are correct. But screw it. At this point the show is going to be dumb. If it's going to be dumb, let it at least be FUN and dumb.
Hey, enjoy it however you want, as long as you enjoy it! To me, that was just dumb. The set-up was silly, and the effect was worse.

I think I would be more able to accept these things if it had been this ridiculous from the start. TWD started as a gritty horror-action-drama, and has completely departed from that.

They were sliding that way for a bit, but once they went with the 'flying van' scene they decided they were never looking back to the way it was before.

They still hold me because they have done a pretty decent job with the core characters. That's the compelling part of TWD for me, and the cheese and silliness takes me out of and undermines it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
Is there such thing as ironic justice?
For a group that talks like mentally ill Yodas to be done in by something poetic, maybe?

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 08:09 PM   #1644
jeep991
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I kept falling asleep while watching last episode but what was the significance of those envelopes they were all passing around? Did I miss something?
jeep991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 08:11 PM   #1645
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post

For a group that talks like mentally ill Yodas to be done in by something poetic, maybe?

As long as after it is done, Rick does his best Schwarzenegger impersonation - “I had enough of your trash talk”.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2017, 08:12 PM   #1646
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep991 View Post
Did I miss something?
Only when you were asleep.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.

Last edited by undercoverbrother; 11-28-2017 at 08:14 PM.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 10:15 PM   #1647
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureLoss View Post
How much strength do the Saviors still actually have?

I mean it looks like the Kingdom/Hilltop/Alexandria alliance took out all of the Savior outposts and lots of their soldiers

Negan's lieutenants were pretty close to being overthrown by a worker's revolt and whatever is left seems to be trapped by the massive zombie herd that Rick led there and are unable to fight their way out.

Just seems confusing to me as to what kind of numbers are left.
Rick's opening monologue at the beginning stated that the Saviours were largely defeated and they were nearing the end of the plan.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 10:17 PM   #1648
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
Just watched the last episode.

It seemed oddly disjointed, jumping around a lot.

Also, can we not just A-Bomb the garbage people?
They have the world's worst hideout. You could light it on fire with a single torch and they'd all die.
Old 11-29-2017, 06:45 AM   #1649
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Rick's opening monologue at the beginning stated that the Saviours were largely defeated and they were nearing the end of the plan.
I have this weird feeling that the don't completely defeat the Saviours. I think that as they get close a new greater enemy presents itself. I wonder if the priest will convince Rick that an alliance with the Saviours is the only way to defeat this new threat.

War can make strange bedfellows and that could present lots of interesting moments going forward.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 07:03 AM   #1650
rotten42
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Maybe related to that helicopter that Rick saw?
rotten42 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rotten42 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-03-2017, 10:45 PM   #1651
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

So I imagine it's a safe bet that Darryl going against the original plan and using the truck to breach a hole in the Savior compound gave Eugene an idea to get rid of the walkers and led to the Savior's and Negan getting out of the trap.

Will be interesting to see how much damage Negan inflicts on all the groups before they get this turned around again.

It will also be interesting to see what kind of conflict arises between Darryl and Rick now. They already had a little tiff earlier, and if I'm right about what I said above Rick is going to be some kind of pissed.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 11:26 PM   #1652
Radio
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I am pretty sure the plan was to just shoot them all from above. That's why Negan said it would be a massive depletion of ammo and if Eugene could remake it.

Daryl's decision has solidified the Saviors now. Everyone will rally behind Negan now cause Rick's group just tried to kill everyone, including the innocent workers.
Old 12-04-2017, 07:37 AM   #1653
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well last night's episode wasn't terrible and that's in spite of the garbage people and their ridiculous pidgin English. Probably had a lot to do with his majesty (I LOL every time I hear someone call him that) not being part of it. Eugene has been the one bright light of this season as his character has actually become interesting.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 08:39 AM   #1654
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

I really liked last night's episode. The Eugene internal conflict is one of the more interesting investigations of morality that I have seen on the show. He makes a good case for the choices he's made, and there were equally good arguments against his choices.

I also love how Negan can be so manipulative with Eugene (and others I would assume). Yes, Negan rules through fear and violence, but it seems to be only in cases where his methods of manipulation and coercion cease to work. And then there's times he's violent just for the fun of it with no reason behind it. Such an interesting character.

The Heapsters just kill me. They seem like the nihilists in Big Lebowski. I just laugh whenever they're on screen. They're just so ridiculous.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 12-04-2017, 01:54 PM   #1655
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
I really liked last night's episode. The Eugene internal conflict is one of the more interesting investigations of morality that I have seen on the show. He makes a good case for the choices he's made, and there were equally good arguments against his choices.

I also love how Negan can be so manipulative with Eugene (and others I would assume). Yes, Negan rules through fear and violence, but it seems to be only in cases where his methods of manipulation and coercion cease to work. And then there's times he's violent just for the fun of it with no reason behind it. Such an interesting character.

The Heapsters just kill me. They seem like the nihilists in Big Lebowski. I just laugh whenever they're on screen. They're just so ridiculous.
What made the Eugene one interesting was that I felt like it really exposed Negan's tactics, as Eugene was largely immune to it. Eugene is all about survival, and doesn't care if Negan calls him a genius.

Negan establishes his authority and then strokes the ego of his subjects, so that they look for his approval - a pretty classic leadership style.

Eugene is so focused on survival that he doesn't care what people think of him. Everything is a calculation about how to survive. Eugene's personality is such that Negan will get what he wants out of Eugene (for now) without the theatrics, but Negan doesn't realize it.
Old 12-04-2017, 05:25 PM   #1656
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

One wonders at this stage why they wouldn't simply surround the compound immediately. Even if the Saviors kill all the walkers, they'll have run low on bullets, such that a protracted firefight isn't an option, and they can't get to the bullet making equipment when they're surrounded. A siege works just as well with gun-toting people hemming you in as it does with a swarm of walkers.

I mean, if shooting all the walkers from above was a reasonable strategy, they could easily have done it when the walkers were outside by shooting them all through the windows or from the elevated outside balcony-like areas, e.g. where Eugene was going to launch his little plane from.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 05:36 PM   #1657
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I mean, if shooting all the walkers from above was a reasonable strategy, they could easily have done it when the walkers were outside by shooting them all through the windows or from the elevated outside balcony-like areas, e.g. where Eugene was going to launch his little plane from.
If Eugene's big solution is to riddle them with bullets, then I am going to be disappointed for this exact reason.

Also, AMC has been advertising pretty hard for a big payoff moment in the mid-season finale next week.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 08:38 PM   #1658
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Why didn’t Eugene just rat on Dwight? I think Negan would have believed him and Dwight wouldn’t have had an opportunity to retaliate.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 11:38 PM   #1659
Radio
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
One wonders at this stage why they wouldn't simply surround the compound immediately. Even if the Saviors kill all the walkers, they'll have run low on bullets, such that a protracted firefight isn't an option, and they can't get to the bullet making equipment when they're surrounded. A siege works just as well with gun-toting people hemming you in as it does with a swarm of walkers.

I don't think so. If they had tried that the snipers surrounding the building would have picked them off.

Since the wall was breached by the truck the walkers flooded inside where the Saviors could shoot them from the elevated walkways out of sight of the snipers.

Then with the walker threat eliminated they could sneak out of the building and take out the snipers. What didn't make sense was why they didn't take their weapons or his weapon anyways. Maybe the sniper was trying to get away and got hung up in his haste.

Perhaps that is part of Eugene's plan, deplete their ammo and leave them at a disadvantage.
Old 12-05-2017, 12:11 AM   #1660
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
Why didn’t Eugene just rat on Dwight? I think Negan would have believed him and Dwight wouldn’t have had an opportunity to retaliate.
Maybe, but it's a risk, and Eugene is pretty clear about not wanting to take any unnecessary risks.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote