Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-12-2017, 07:55 PM   #161
dissentowner
Franchise Player
 
dissentowner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: SW Ontario
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
Still can't believe you can belong to a white supremacist group, and attend a rally, armed, in a first world country.
I still can't believe racism is still an extreme problem. How in the hell have we not evolved past that crap?
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 07:57 PM   #162
killer_carlson
Franchise Player
 
killer_carlson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Exp:
Default

I was curious how Fox News would report this. To my surprise, they are drawing a line between the right and the alt-right.

Republicans coming out against the KKK and nutcases in Charlottesville


“Mr. President - we must call evil by its name,” Colorado Republican Sen. Cory Gardner tweeted. “These were white supremacists and this was domestic terrorism.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...ionalists.html
__________________
"OOOOOOHHHHHHH those Russians" - Boney M
killer_carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 07:59 PM   #163
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day
 
jayswin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection View Post
why do people keep insisting trump is a racist? he isnt, theres no real evidence of it. he benefits of racism, sure. ill grant that hands down.
Fox News: Not racist, but number one with racists.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2017, 08:01 PM   #164
MarchHare
Franchise Player
 
MarchHare's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection View Post
Trump likes the headlines and glomed on to soemthign stupid to get his name out. hes also a liar,
So your defense of Trump is that he isn't really a racist, he just says racist things to grab the spotlight? Is there a meaningful difference between an actual racist and someone with a well-known national profile who spouts racist views to increase his media exposure? Ponder that question for a moment.
MarchHare is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MarchHare For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2017, 08:07 PM   #165
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day
 
jayswin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchHare View Post
So your defense of Trump is that he isn't really a racist, he just says racist things to grab the spotlight? Is there a meaningful difference between an actual racist and someone with a well-known national profile who spouts racist views to increase his media exposure? Ponder that question for a moment.
Absolutely none, when the goal is to keep running a presidency that benefits these people.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 08:11 PM   #166
Buck Murdock
Powerplay Quarterback
 
Buck Murdock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Ice Player View Post
As I've asked every Trump supporter who denies that Trump is a racist, please explain birtherism to me. You are aware that Trump has been the most prominent proponent of birtherism, right? Do you also know that Trump never apologized for it? Now explain to me how birtherism is not a racist belief and movement. Just so you know, I've never gotten an explanation. You support a racist. To deny this is just willful ignorance.
OK, wasn't that Trump asking for Obama to produce his birth certificate due to the controversy surrounding his place of birth? I don't consider that to be racism, because his father is Kenyan, right? I'd say that's asinine and disrespectful, but I don't see the racism. BTW you don't need to include your last 2 sentences, it adds nothing to the discussion.
Buck Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 08:19 PM   #167
Canuck-Hater
First Line Centre
 
Canuck-Hater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco.vidal View Post
Absolute rubbish.
Canuck-Hater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 08:22 PM   #168
Red Ice Player
Powerplay Quarterback
 
Red Ice Player's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Murdock View Post
OK, wasn't that Trump asking for Obama to produce his birth certificate due to the controversy surrounding his place of birth? I don't consider that to be racism, because his father is Kenyan, right? I'd say that's asinine and disrespectful, but I don't see the racism. BTW you don't need to include your last 2 sentences, it adds nothing to the discussion.
Correct, the last two sentences were not necessary. However, your lame dismissal of the whole birtherism fiasco does not make me inclined to take my statements back.
Red Ice Player is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 08:22 PM   #169
octothorp
Franchise Player
 
octothorp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: not lurking
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Murdock View Post
BTW you don't need to include your last 2 sentences, it adds nothing to the discussion.
You support a racist. To deny this is just willful ignorance. You support a racist. To deny this is just willful ignorance. You support a racist. To deny this is just willful ignorance. You support a racist. To deny this is just willful ignorance. You support a racist. To deny this is just willful ignorance. You support a racist. To deny this is just willful ignorance. You support a racist. To deny this is just willful ignorance.
octothorp is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to octothorp For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2017, 08:25 PM   #170
Flames in 07
#1 Goaltender
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by octothorp View Post
You support a racist. To deny this is just willful ignorance. You support a racist. To deny this is just willful ignorance. You support a racist. To deny this is just willful ignorance. You support a racist. To deny this is just willful ignorance. You support a racist. To deny this is just willful ignorance. You support a racist. To deny this is just willful ignorance. You support a racist. To deny this is just willful ignorance.
This is exactly what is wrong with politics now. People can't discuss without the name calling and spending more time slamming the other person instead of building arguments and them listening to the reply.
Flames in 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flames in 07 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2017, 08:25 PM   #171
Resurrection
First Line Centre
 
Resurrection's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchHare View Post
So your defense of Trump is that he isn't really a racist, he just says racist things to grab the spotlight? Is there a meaningful difference between an actual racist and someone with a well-known national profile who spouts racist views to increase his media exposure? Ponder that question for a moment.
whoa, slow down. my defense of trump? lets not get crazy here.

2nd, what has he said specifically thats racist? besides the mexican thing. lol. ok fine.
Resurrection is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 08:26 PM   #172
puffnstuff
First Line Centre
 
puffnstuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: wearing raccoons for boots
Exp:
Default

And where did the controversy surrounding Obamas birthplace start? With conspiracy theorist racists.
puffnstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 08:28 PM   #173
New Era
Franchise Player
 
New Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection View Post
why do people keep insisting trump is a racist? he isnt, theres no real evidence of it. he benefits of racism, sure. ill grant that hands down.
Yes there is. http://www.snopes.com/donald-trump-racist-meme/
New Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 08:28 PM   #174
Buck Murdock
Powerplay Quarterback
 
Buck Murdock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Ice Player View Post
Correct, the last two sentences were not necessary. However, your lame dismissal of the whole birtherism fiasco does not make me inclined to take my statements back.
Sorry if you thought it was lame, but that was my perception of that event. I've never heard it called racism till now. I believe Obama is the first President in over 100 years to have a foreign born father, so I didn't think it was a huge stretch for that to become an issue, especially when it dragged on for so long. Please explain how you perceived it to be racist, I'm interested.
Buck Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 08:29 PM   #175
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day
 
jayswin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames in 07 View Post
This is exactly what is wrong with politics now. People can't discuss without the name calling and spending more time slamming the other person instead of building arguments and them listening to the reply.
It is, and unfortunately the other problem at the same time is that you can't call anyone out for what their opinion is anymore without retorts about respecting opinions and such. (Not directed your response, just adding to your point).
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 08:29 PM   #176
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player
 
Cali Panthers Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Murdock View Post
OK, wasn't that Trump asking for Obama to produce his birth certificate due to the controversy surrounding his place of birth? I don't consider that to be racism, because his father is Kenyan, right? I'd say that's asinine and disrespectful, but I don't see the racism. BTW you don't need to include your last 2 sentences, it adds nothing to the discussion.
Wow.

Ok, I'm trying not to offend you by saying this, but you are obtuse if you believe that questioning the birthplace of the first black president wasn't racially motivated. ESPECIALLY after Trump wouldn't drop it even AFTER Obama provided his birth certificate. I didn't see him question any other president's place of birth in all his time on Earth. He may not have even come up with it, he might have heard it from one of his insane alt-right media guys that he loves so much. However, he did believe it quickly and in the face of contradictory evidence. Believing the worst that you hear about a black man, and ignoring all the other stuff.

That's racism my friend. Don't be afraid to call things for what they are.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
If we can't fall in love with replaceable bottom 6 players then the terrorists have won.
Cali Panthers Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 08:31 PM   #177
Buck Murdock
Powerplay Quarterback
 
Buck Murdock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by octothorp View Post
You support a racist. To deny this is just willful ignorance. You support a racist. To deny this is just willful ignorance. You support a racist. To deny this is just willful ignorance. You support a racist. To deny this is just willful ignorance. You support a racist. To deny this is just willful ignorance. You support a racist. To deny this is just willful ignorance. You support a racist. To deny this is just willful ignorance.
Why not post something insightful so as to be taken seriously?
Buck Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 08:37 PM   #178
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player
 
Senator Clay Davis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Maryland State House, Annapolis
Exp:
Default

Central Park Five is probably a clearer sign of Trump's racism. He still thinks they're guilty even after being cleared through DNA evidence.
__________________
"Think I'm gonna be the scapegoat for the whole damn machine? Sheeee......."
Senator Clay Davis is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Senator Clay Davis For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2017, 08:40 PM   #179
Flames in 07
#1 Goaltender
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Central Park Five is probably a clearer sign of Trump's racism. He still thinks they're guilty even after being cleared through DNA evidence.
Agree the Obama thing could have been motivated by just disagreeing with his politics, and childishly discrediting his legitimacy was his way of lashing out at him.
Flames in 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 08:48 PM   #180
Krovikan
Backup Goalie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Central Park Five is probably a clearer sign of Trump's racism. He still thinks they're guilty even after being cleared through DNA evidence.
Or hiring Alt Right into the White House, or the White House refusing to acknowledge the Nazi genocide of Jews, or claiming the issue at this protest isn't white Supremacists, or going on Alt Right podcasts, or calling all mexican illegal imegrants rapists and killers, etc. Why is their even a question of Trump being a racist? This is a known fact.

Sent from my G3123 using Tapatalk
Krovikan is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:29 PM.

Calgary Flames
2016-17




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Calgarypuck 2016