Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 12-20-2014, 07:29 AM   #21
guzzy
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers_fan View Post
Anyone know where he was arrested? I live in Edson, right close to where this all went down. Lots of people from around here related to, or know him. I hope they've got sufficient evidence this time if in fact he is guilty.
He lives on hwy 751 just north of hwy 16. His property is just before the hwy runs east. My wife's family lives in that area and many know Vader. They have no doubt he is capable of these murders.
guzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to guzzy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2014, 09:13 AM   #22
darockwilder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Serial 2?
darockwilder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to darockwilder For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2014, 10:34 AM   #23
llwhiteoutll
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

The timing of his arrest just reeks of a personal vendetta by the police in the case, I seriously doubt there was some miraculous new evidence pop up that made his immediate arrest 100% necessary. He's going to sit for a while before he can even get a bail hearing. There had better be some pretty compelling evidence that just came to light and not just the Crown finally sorting their case out, otherwise it will look pretty bad.
llwhiteoutll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 02:56 PM   #24
JiriHrdina
I believe in the Pony Power

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by llwhiteoutll View Post
The timing of his arrest just reeks of a personal vendetta by the police in the case, I seriously doubt there was some miraculous new evidence pop up that made his immediate arrest 100% necessary. He's going to sit for a while before he can even get a bail hearing. There had better be some pretty compelling evidence that just came to light and not just the Crown finally sorting their case out, otherwise it will look pretty bad.
Ummm why?
Why would you doubt that they have new evidence.
Think about it.
They had until March to re-arrest him - and if they didn't have no evidence, waiting for the last possible minute would allow them to extend the clock the longest.
There is no reason to arrest him earlier than that.
Honestly why would someone take Vader's side in this?
JiriHrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 03:10 PM   #25
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiriHrdina View Post
Ummm why?
Think about it.
They had until March to re-arrest him - and if they didn't have no evidence, waiting for the last possible minute would allow them to extend the clock the longest.
I see people defending him here in town and online all the time. Never underestimate the crazies in small towns.
Old 12-21-2014, 04:20 PM   #26
llwhiteoutll
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Ummm why?
Think about it.
It's not about taking sides or defending him (neither of which I'm doing), but forcing him to sit in remand with no real shot at a bail hearing for a while because of the Christmas slowdown seems petty and vindictive. I was speculating that if there was such an explosive piece of new evidence that required his immediate, they might have made a bigger deal out of the whole thing.

Like you said, they have until March to re-arrest him, why the sudden rush to do it just before the holidays?

If it turns out there is no new evidence and the Crown used the request to stay charges as opposed to a continuance to buy time to shore up their case and organize, then it could be viewed as an abuse of the system and possibly an infringement on Vader's Charter rights.
llwhiteoutll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 08:34 PM   #27
JiriHrdina
I believe in the Pony Power

Exp:

I really don't care if a dirtbag like Travis Vader had a good Xmas
JiriHrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JiriHrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2014, 04:54 AM   #28
taco.vidal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
I really don't care if a dirtbag like Travis Vader had a good Xmas
Im not defending Vader but this is the type of thinking that cops and prosecutors use that ends up with the wrong guy being convicted of crimes. "He's a dirt bag who we know has committed other crimes and hurt other people so he deserves to be in jail anyways."

It is an abuse of power and an abuse of the justice system. It also means that innocent people get convicted of crimes they didn't commit. It also means that the real criminals or killer may still be out there.
taco.vidal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to taco.vidal For This Useful Post: