Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2014, 11:36 AM   #41
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Yeah This is the End wasn't just a good movie because I like stoner movies. It was a good movie because it was entertaining, unique, well made, told a good story and was funny.
Great, I'm glad you liked it. I didnt. Thats not the issue at hand.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 11:38 AM   #42
DiracSpike
First Line Centre

Exp:

There's no legitimate threat to theatres here at all. Please. I heard about the threat a few days ago, laughed, and then cemented my plans to go see it at chinook on Boxing Day.
A bigger "threat" is driving to the gosh dang movie theatre than being killed in some North Korean sleeper cell attack.
DiracSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 11:40 AM   #43
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

North Korea is not going to start a war with the US by attacking movie theatres.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 11:41 AM   #44
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
North Korea is not going to start a war with the US by attacking movie theatres.
Although realistically speaking, if North Korea ever did start a war with the US it probably would be by doing something stupid like attacking movie theaters.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 12-18-2014, 11:47 AM   #45
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Not the first time that Hollywood as buckled, remember the horrible remake of Red Dawn was originally featuring the Chinese as the baddies but switched to North Koreans quick fast and in a hurry when China threatened to not allow the movie into Chinese theaters.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 11:51 AM   #46
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

No love for his portrayal of Dirty Randy?

shermanator is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2014, 11:59 AM   #47
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Great, I'm glad you liked it. I didnt. Thats not the issue at hand.
Uh, yeah, I was replying to your post.

Quote:
For instance, 'This is the End' may not have been the worst movie of all time (Spiderman 3) but its in the conversation. Its been a long time since I've watched a movie and been completely awed by its complete lack of any redeeming qualities whatsoever.

I imagine when critics first screened that movie that they proceeded to kick Franco and Rogen square in the nuts for wasting time out of their lives.
It was pointed out to you that you were wrong; critics liked the movie. 84% fresh yo.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 12:04 PM   #48
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Uh, yeah, I was replying to your post.

It was pointed out to you that you were wrong; critics liked the movie. 84% fresh yo.
Congratulations, I'm glad they liked it. As I stated in my original post, movies like this are a matter of personal preference.

I'm still not changing my opinion. That movie was hot garbage.

Old 12-18-2014, 12:09 PM   #49
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Congratulations, I'm glad they liked it. As I stated in my original post, movies like this are a matter of personal preference.

I'm still not changing my opinion. That movie was hot garbage.
Keep your opinion all you want. You said you imagined the critics would have wanted to kick Seth Rogan in the genitals after seeing the movie and it has been thrice pointed out to you that, in fact, the critics liked it. Since you inexplicably don't want to acknowledge that, let's carry on. I don't even care so I'm not sure why we're still discussing this.
Old 12-18-2014, 12:09 PM   #50
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
You have your numbers flipped. 48%: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_interview_2014/

18% among "Top Critics".
Old 12-18-2014, 12:11 PM   #51
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Maybe we should make a "Seth Rogan is no good" thread so people stop pretending their opinion of his movies is relevant to this discussion.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2014, 12:11 PM   #52
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureLoss View Post
Pretty ironic that a country that looks like this at night, can use computers to bring a mega corporation like Sony to its knees.

Man... North Korea is in a perfect position to do this. They hack you. How are you going to retaliate? There is literally nothing to counter-hack, outside of maybe a tractor with no gas?

And yeah I'm super bummed that I can't watch this. Damn theatres. I'm hoping it gets released on demand ASAP at least.

And for what it's worth I loved This is the End, and I am certainly no stoner. Just different strokes for different folks.
Old 12-18-2014, 12:13 PM   #53
Flamenspiel
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

It looks like there were security gaps identified in Sony's system during a PWC audit previous to this happening(they were not monitoring firewalls). Sony pulled the film because they had not tightened things up yet.

Perhaps they will re-think their IT budget in the next quarter as they also had just completed outsourcing their IT staff.

Last edited by Flamenspiel; 12-18-2014 at 12:36 PM.
Flamenspiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 12:17 PM   #54
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
You have your numbers flipped. 48%: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_interview_2014/

18% among "Top Critics".
We were talking about This is the End.
Old 12-18-2014, 12:20 PM   #55
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
We were talking about This is the End.
Oh.

Why?
Old 12-18-2014, 12:26 PM   #56
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
Oh.

Why?
Are you joking around with me? Why don't you just read the thread; it's short. Conversations ebb and flow. We don't all reply directly to the OP in ignorance of any other aspect of the natural progression of a discussion. One branch of this thread has been about the quality of Rogen's movies in general. We've been discussing that as we've been discussing the NK issue. How is it possible that you missed that?
Old 12-18-2014, 12:38 PM   #57
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Are you joking around with me? Why don't you just read the thread; it's short. Conversations ebb and flow. We don't all reply directly to the OP in ignorance of any other aspect of the natural progression of a discussion. One branch of this thread has been about the quality of Rogen's movies in general. We've been discussing that as we've been discussing the NK issue. How is it possible that you missed that?
Missed what, this is the end? I don't think he said if he'd seen it or not.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ResAlien For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2014, 01:10 PM   #58
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamenspiel View Post
It looks like there were security gaps identified in Sony's system during a PWC audit previous to this happening(they were not monitoring firewalls). Sony pulled the film because they had not tightened things up yet.

Perhaps they will re-think their IT budget in the next quarter as they also had just completed outsourcing their IT staff.
There are always gaps in an IT audit. It's in an auditing company's best interest to find something, report it and then find the next step in the chain the following year. If they presented everything fixable at once, what would they be needed for next year?

There is no such thing as a 100% secure network if a state sponsored group has decided you're the target.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 01:17 PM   #59
combustiblefuel
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMileDJ View Post
They said on the news that the threats to the theatres were legitimate. Scary stuff.
No that haven't. The FBI has said its BS. There has actually been no link to North Korea, Its a group of hacker's called " Guardians of Peace" (ironic eh?). Its not Sony or the government caving in . Its the Cinemas that are.
combustiblefuel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 01:31 PM   #60
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Alamo Drafthouse Dallas has responded by having a free singalong airing of Team America in lieu of The Interview, it's going to be a patriotism overload!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...a-9932362.html
Bigtime is offline   Reply With Quote