Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2014, 12:15 PM   #61
AcGold
Self-Suspension

Exp:

Yeah you're probably right. I'm out. Good luck Bluck, a relapse was likely. Hard to quit such an ingrown habit cold turkey. Open a TFSA, if you're tempted to spend money on weed go deposit it there instead.

Last edited by AcGold; 12-07-2014 at 12:21 PM.
AcGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 12:17 PM   #62
Kybosh
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcGold View Post
I didn't say cannabis cured cancer, I said it's derivatives have. Not that it can, but that it has. No need to post such a thing as if you are correcting something I never said.
I'm sorry, but this is junk science. A few things, you're waffling between plants and compounds within that plant. When you say derivatives, are you talking new strains of that plant or chemical derivatives of an individual compound within that plant (I.e. THC)? Second, people always get "curing cancer" wrong when they read something on the internet. What are the experiment parameters? In vivo or in vitro? Was it even human? What is the mechanism it took to turn off the cancerous cells? What type of cancer?

I've spent a long time conducting legitimate research on this topic, and I've yet to see any seriously promising anti-cancer cannabis therapies aside from coping with symptoms. By the way, an awful lot of compounds show anti-cancer properties, but they rarely pan out beyond a petri dish.
Kybosh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kybosh For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2014, 12:20 PM   #63
DOOM
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Good luck man!
DOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 12:46 PM   #64
taco.vidal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

You guys need to start a new thread if you want to debate the benefits of marijuana or the legalization of it.

Keep this thread on track for the benefit of the OP and his desire to improve his everyday life.
taco.vidal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to taco.vidal For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2014, 02:14 PM   #65
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
I didn't say cannabis cured cancer, I said it's derivatives have. Not that it can, but that it has. No need to post such a thing as if you are correcting something I never said.
I only quoted the conclusion to a long article. It does specifically describe that there is no evidence that hemp oil has cured cancer, which was your claim.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 02:52 PM   #66
AcGold
Self-Suspension

Exp:

The evidence besides people being cured by hemp oil? Its not a claim, people have had cancer, used hemp oil then not had cancer. But just let it go, its a thread for Bluck.
AcGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 03:03 PM   #67
ExiledFlamesFan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
The evidence besides people being cured by hemp oil? Its not a claim, people have had cancer, used hemp oil then not had cancer. But just let it go, its a thread for Bluck.
Huh?

You are quite the psedoscientist. First endurance exercise kills you and now this
ExiledFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 11:29 AM   #68
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Bluck, don't worry about the slip ups. They are part of the process. I think the biggest step right now is the fact you're not buying any. That is a big hurdle. Stay focused on that for now, the rest will come
#22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 11:41 AM   #69
Fozzie_DeBear
Wucka Wocka Wacka

Exp:

When I quit smoking cigarettes it took 4 relapses before it 'stuck'. I could tell it was successful when I could get drunk and not smoke. Relapses happen, just get up and get after it again.

BTW OT If anyone wants to quit smoking tobacco I highly recommend the book 'Know Smoking'

"It was a debacle of monumental proportions." -MacT
Fozzie_DeBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 01:00 PM   #70
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper View Post
Different varieties produce different effects.

It is like how different types of booze affect people differently.
Ah, so it's also made up.

Good to know.
Bill Bumface is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bill Bumface For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2014, 01:15 PM   #71
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

I'm very happy that I don't seem to have an addictive personality when it comes to smoking, drugs or alcohol but if I could stop biting my nails until they bleed, that would be great.
polak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 01:24 PM   #72
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by polak View Post
I'm very happy that I don't seem to have an addictive personality when it comes to smoking, drugs or alcohol but if I could stop biting my nails until they bleed, that would be great.
smoking weed cures that.
Old 12-08-2014, 07:45 PM   #73
Neeper
Official CP Photographer

Exp:

Keep at it Bluck. It's a process. I quit smoking cigarettes 14 years ago. It took me 3 tries (slip ups) before I was successful. It won't happen overnight, but it will happen if you keep your eye on the prize!
Neeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 10:39 PM   #74
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just to reiterate what others have said, despite giving in, you still took a big step forward by admitting you need to change your lifestyle and making the initial effort. You're still moving in the right direction.

It's tough when your friends do it all the time. Have you thought about counseling or joining a support group?
Old 12-22-2014, 10:37 AM   #75
FireFly
Franchise Player

Exp:

How's it going bluck? Just wanted to check in and see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyhands23 View Post
If edmonton wins the cup in the next decade I will buy everyone on CP a bottle of vodka.
FireFly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 04:08 PM   #76
Crumpy-Gunt
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Hey bluck. I quit smoking cannabis about 8 months ago. I have some tips for you should you decide to try again.

Exercise to take your mind off it, it will burn the thc in your fat cells (which is partly responsible for some of the psychosomatic withdrawal symptoms you are/were feeling) and help you fall asleep in the first week or so. I found it impossible to sleep or eat when I first quit. Exercise helps with both the sleeping and the eating.

Drink a lot of water.

Tell your closest friends and family you are quiting and need a bit of space / might be moody for a while.

Cut ties with all your dealers and maybe some stoner 'friends' aka smoking acquaintences.

Get rid of all your bongs, pipes, rolling papers etc. Just the sight of them in my house made me want to smoke. I threw all mine in the garbage and it was kind of liberating.

Take multivitamins, b12 and omega supplements really helped me.

Break your routine or cycle. Get up at a different time, go to school or work on a different route or use a different method of transportation. Little things like shaking up my routine really helped me break out of the habbit.

Whatever you do - dont sit around thinking of smoking. You have to replace the habit with different activities and hobbies. Maybe do something you enjoyed before you started smoking.

Last but not least - there is a whole page on reddit called r/leaves to support those who want to quit smoking cannabis and are having difficulties. Theres tons of info, tips and support there. It really helped me so I would recommend at least checking it out.

https://www.reddit.com/r/leaves

Last edited by Crumpy-Gunt; 12-22-2014 at 04:12 PM.
Crumpy-Gunt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Crumpy-Gunt For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2014, 04:50 PM   #77
ExiledFlamesFan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Something I tell all my smoker patients:

Don't beat yourself up if you fall off the wagon and start again. Learn from your mistakes and what your triggers are. The more you quit the less you smoke. Eventually you'll kick the habit for good, it's just a matter of time if you keep trying.
ExiledFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 09:20 AM   #78
Barbecue
Scoring Winger

Exp:

lol, according to someone out there with internet access, smoking up causes you to want to do this

Barbecue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Barbecue For This Useful Post:
Old 12-23-2014, 09:34 AM   #79
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbecue View Post
lol, according to someone out there with internet access, smoking up causes you to want to do this

I am pretty sure it's a joke. Several years ago, there were urban legends started by anti-drug groups saying that someone put a baby in the oven when they were high. There were others too where they used to say that getting high made people try to fly and would jump out of windows, etc...
Old 12-23-2014, 04:34 PM   #80
Crumpy-Gunt
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbecue View Post

Hahahahahahaha

'weed drugs'. i love it
Crumpy-Gunt is offline   Reply With Quote