Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2016, 02:15 PM   #1221
OzSome
Franchise Player

Exp:

Even if Ottawa did not score a TD there, they could kick a FG and ran the clock down to close to no time left. Just great that they got. TD run there.

Way to go Burris!! Oldie but still goodie.
OzSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 02:16 PM   #1222
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

What a second half. BoA GC would've been cool, but glad Edmonton didn't get to complete their cheap back door entry into the big game.

BLM time!!

Edit: ...though I guess an under .500 team only needing to win one game, at home, to get to the Grey Cup could be considered cheap back door entry too. They really need to merge the divisions, its been like this forever, and isn't necessary in a 9 team league

Last edited by Sainters7; 11-20-2016 at 02:19 PM.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 02:16 PM   #1223
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Take a knee already you losers.
zamler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 02:23 PM   #1224
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Aww. I like Hank. I hope he finally wins another Grey Cup.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 02:28 PM   #1225
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Did anyone catch that poor chap shoveling snow by hand? The CFL is hilariously low budget.
zamler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 11:43 PM   #1226
OzSome
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Aww. I like Hank. I hope he finally wins another Grey Cup.
I like him too but NOT this year.
OzSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 01:52 PM   #1227
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

According to Gary Lawless, Duron Carter is looking to continue his CFL career with either the Eskimos, Riders, or Stampeders.

http://www.tsn.ca/ex-als-wr-carter-n...teams-1.615160
dash_pinched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 12:37 PM   #1228
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash_pinched View Post
According to Gary Lawless, Duron Carter is looking to continue his CFL career with either the Eskimos, Riders, or Stampeders.

http://www.tsn.ca/ex-als-wr-carter-n...teams-1.615160
DeVaris >>> Duron. Don't need him, don't want him.

Although I'm sure some sucky organization in green would happily take him.
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tvp2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2016, 01:39 PM   #1229
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Enjoy Riderville then Duron. He's tailor made for that arrogant coach
Old 11-24-2016, 07:41 PM   #1230
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

lol - Eskimos being investigated once again by the league for their violation of the spirit of "live mic" in their final game of the season.

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl-investigating-...again-1.616213
dash_pinched is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dash_pinched For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2016, 08:21 PM   #1231
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bo Levi wins MOP. Got all 73 first place votes.

Messam, Daniels, Dennis and Dickenson all winning hardware as well.

Last edited by tvp2003; 11-24-2016 at 08:24 PM.
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to tvp2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2016, 08:23 PM   #1232
RyZ
First Line Centre

Exp:

Stamps cleaned up at the awards and won every award that they placed a nominee for. More dominance.
RyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RyZ For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2016, 09:28 PM   #1233
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash_pinched View Post
lol - Eskimos being investigated once again by the league for their violation of the spirit of "live mic" in their final game of the season.

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl-investigating-...again-1.616213
I despise the Esks and all things Edmonton, but talk bout melodramatic from butt hurt TSN.

Live mics in any pro sports (sports in general for thst matter) in this age of PC, hypersensitivity and social media, are a recipe for disaster for the player, coach, team and league.

I don't think the league would like having fans hear F bombs every second word, and that would be the very best case scenario. A whole lot of people will have a whole lot of questions about why player x swears or says some very colorful language, and be instantly offended or ask for apologies, and that's assuming they keep it moderety under control. No matter what, that's a distraction for the player and team both during and after the game. Sure it may be edited out but the tape would still exist and in someone's possession at TSN, who themselves could use that at some later date as some sort of storyline.
browna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 09:29 PM   #1234
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

has the franchise ever had this kind of success before? This seems like once in a lifetime kinda stuff.
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 09:53 PM   #1235
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
has the franchise ever had this kind of success before? This seems like once in a lifetime kinda stuff.
1993 they went 15-3 in the regular season, then won the West semi at home to push their home record to 10-0 at that point (they had to play a semi final despite winning the division because of US expansion and larger divisions).

They also had Buono win coach of the year, Sapunjis win MOC and Flutie win MOP.

Was an amazing and comparable year until they lost the West Final to Edmonton in the infamous -40 game and as a result didn't get to play in the Grey Cup at home which was played at McMahon the following week between Edmonton and Winnipeg, in absolutely beautiful weather too BTW.

Hopefully this season doesn't end with that kind of disappointment. If they come through on Sunday this will easily be the best season the Stampeders have ever put forth.

Last edited by Roof-Daddy; 11-24-2016 at 09:58 PM.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 09:55 PM   #1236
JiriHrdina
I believe in the Pony Power

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by browna View Post
I despise the Esks and all things Edmonton, but talk bout melodramatic from butt hurt TSN.

Live mics in any pro sports (sports in general for thst matter) in this age of PC, hypersensitivity and social media, are a recipe for disaster for the player, coach, team and league.

I don't think the league would like having fans hear F bombs every second word, and that would be the very best case scenario. A whole lot of people will have a whole lot of questions about why player x swears or says some very colorful language, and be instantly offended or ask for apologies, and that's assuming they keep it moderety under control. No matter what, that's a distraction for the player and team both during and after the game. Sure it may be edited out but the tape would still exist and in someone's possession at TSN, who themselves could use that at some later date as some sort of storyline.
That's fine but if the league has decided collectively to do it, then the coaches must cooperate. The points are valid but it isn't Maas's decision to make
JiriHrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JiriHrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2016, 07:46 AM   #1237
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
1993 they went 15-3 in the regular season, then won the West semi at home to push their home record to 10-0 at that point (they had to play a semi final despite winning the division because of US expansion and larger divisions).

Was an amazing and comparable year until they lost the West Final to Edmonton in the infamous -40 game and as a result didn't get to play in the Grey Cup at home which was played at McMahon the following week between Edmonton and Winnipeg, in absolutely beautiful weather too BTW.

Hopefully this season doesn't end with that kind of disappointment. If they come through on Sunday this will easily be the best season the Stampeders have ever put forth.
Some of my biggest sports heartbreak moments as a kid were those early-mid 90s Stamps teams. 94 Darren Flutie hurt me even more than 93 cuz the game went down to the final play, and that 94 team felt even more dominant to me than 93 if that's possible. I'd wager the difference in this case is the forecast in Toronto for Sunday is predicted at +4; no stupid early Canadian winter squall to level the playing field.

Thank Jebus there was none of that last Sunday either, the weather has been quite forgiving for Stamps playoff games the past 3 years for a change.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sainters7 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-25-2016, 08:18 AM   #1238
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post

Went to the 1993 Grey Cup game and it was one of my best CFL memories. The weather was amazing.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 09:03 AM   #1239
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Orrige gave a speech yesterday or this morning, as per fan 960 guys.

Apologized for Duron Carter appeal taking too long, said video review needs to be improved but most importantly said there is no link between brain injuries and football...
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 03:19 PM   #1240
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Orrige gave a speech yesterday or this morning, as per fan 960 guys.

Apologized for Duron Carter appeal taking too long, said video review needs to be improved but most importantly said there is no link between brain injuries and football...
Yeah... that doesn't make me feel good. Honestly the concussion issues are what's most pushing me away from being a football fan; when I see someone go down hard and get up woozy, I feel like I'm DiCaprio's character in Django Unchained, cheering on a mandingo fight.

The CFL has done a decent amount with improving their concussion protocol, so to step back from that and dismiss the danger of concussions seems like a really strange step.
octothorp is offline   Reply With Quote