Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-04-2017, 10:32 AM   #81
gottabekd
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

For some reason, The Man in the High Castle season 2 can be viewed on Amazon.com: https://www.amazon.com/Man-High-Cast...dp/B01IS2OQ56/

But not yet on PrimeVideo.com or the apps.
gottabekd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 11:43 AM   #82
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Stang View Post
For anyone wanting to watch Prime Video on your PS3, I discovered that it is possible, even though there isn't an app for Canada.

I have a second Playstation Network account that I created a while back to watch UK television. To actually watch shows on most of the apps (BBC, for example), you will need some DNS or VPN trickery that shan't be discussed here. But to set up a UK PSN account and download the Amazon app, you don't need any of that. Just set up a second profile on your PS3, create a new PSN account, find yourself a random UK business address on Google Maps, and you'll see some different options under "video services". BBC and others, obviously, you won't be able to use. But Amazon can be downloaded and used with your Canadian Amazon account details.

The best part is, once you've downloaded and installed the Amazon app on your new UK profile, it will persist when you switch back to your primary PS3 profile. It will be permanently listed under "video" on your PS3, just like Netflix.

The video quality was quite good in HD, although I did find that it was slower to reach full quality than Netflix. Otherwise, it is a decent enough addition to the PS3. I'm not sure when/if it will be officially released on the PS3 in Canada, or if it ever will be, as the PS3 is probably not on Sony's radar anymore.
Well its not on PS4's app store either. I might have to test this workaround.
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 11:56 AM   #83
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
Well its not on PS4's app store either. I might have to test this workaround.
It works. I did it last week on both the PS3 and PS4. I created a US account rather than a UK, but otherwise I did the same and it worked for me.

Logged back into my normal account and the Amazon player was still there and lets me log in with my Amazon account info to watch the content.
Old 01-11-2017, 10:25 AM   #84
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
It works. I did it last week on both the PS3 and PS4. I created a US account rather than a UK, but otherwise I did the same and it worked for me.

Logged back into my normal account and the Amazon player was still there and lets me log in with my Amazon account info to watch the content.
Downloaded a ton of other apps too. Stuff like Hulu and a couple of others don't work in Canada as expected but several of them do. The Pluto TV is quite interesting. I've cut the cord so it's kind of fun to have a TV like system again.
Old 01-13-2017, 07:12 AM   #85
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

In the US, you can share your prime account to share the free shipping. Is this not an option in Canada?
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 07:32 AM   #86
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Doesn't look like it.

Wow, the selection is terrible.
Old 01-13-2017, 07:37 AM   #87
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
In the US, you can share your prime account to share the free shipping. Is this not an option in Canada?
Officially, I don't believe so. But I have made a few orders for friends and family on Prime. You can keep their credit card and shipping address on file and it will ship directly to them.
Jimmy Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmy Stang For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2017, 03:00 PM   #88
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
Doesn't look like it.

Wow, the selection is terrible.
Yeah it's beyond awful. Trying to figure out a way to pass my VPN service directly to my PS4. Any ideas? I use SlickVPN on my desktop but it requires a Windows client to connect.
Old 01-14-2017, 03:58 PM   #89
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
Yeah it's beyond awful. Trying to figure out a way to pass my VPN service directly to my PS4. Any ideas? I use SlickVPN on my desktop but it requires a Windows client to connect.

Does that work? When I tried a VPN with Amazon it still didn't let me to play the good content they had.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 04:25 PM   #90
Anduril
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't know if it was there before, but it's convenient for me that Community is on there now.
Anduril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 09:21 PM   #91
RW99
First Line Centre

Location: 103 104END 106 109 111 117 122 202 203 207 208 216 217 219 221 222 224 225 313 317 HC G
Exp:

I just finished watching season 2 of The Man in the High Castle and I definitely recommend it. It is a very slow burn to start, maybe 6 episodes? But by the end of the 1st season it was a binge watch.
RW99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 02:13 PM   #92
OldDutch
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RW99 View Post
I just finished watching season 2 of The Man in the High Castle and I definitely recommend it. It is a very slow burn to start, maybe 6 episodes? But by the end of the 1st season it was a binge watch.
Thanks for this. I gave up after 2 episodes due to the almost comatose pacing and uninteresting characters. I may try again, but 6 episodes is a tall order.
OldDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OldDutch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2017, 11:10 AM   #93
HotHotHeat
Franchise Player

Exp:

I agree Man in the High Castle starts slow. Power through....
HotHotHeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 06:10 PM   #94
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

So I have a vague interest in watching American Gods, the series based on the book by Neil Gaiman. I've never read the book, but the series looks intriguing. It's airing on Starz in the USA -- and Gaiman said it would be on Amazon Prime everywhere else in the world that has Amazon Prime. I assumed it would end up on Showcase or SuperChannel or something here -- but it looks like it's on Amazon Prime. Is this the first kind of high profile exclusive for the service in Canada?

Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Finger Cookin For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2017, 06:36 PM   #95
gottabekd
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I read the book and think it could make for some visually interesting TV. I know the book has a bit of a following, and that may translate into an overhyped show, so I'm approaching the American Gods TV series with tempered expectations. Just hoping for some cool visuals and Ian McShane delivering a powerful performance.
gottabekd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 09:32 PM   #96
Violator
On Hiatus

Exp:

They put the first Season of the original "Unsolved Mysteries"
Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 02:26 PM   #97
Bent Wookie

Reading the thread, looks like some have the app built in to their TV's. I wasn't so fortunate.

Roku doesn't have the app.

Chromecast is the same (although there's a workaround).

Is there anyway to get this working on my TV? I'm not keen on watching an ipad, laptop or my phone (other then using an american VPN)?

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-13-2017, 02:30 PM   #98
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I use my Wii U. I think most game consoles have it. You can plug any of your other devices(like laptop, maybe phone and iPad) into your TV with an HDMI cable.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 03:30 PM   #99
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

There’s an app for Xbox One and Android TV (Nvidia Shield is the one I use). Apple Airplay works too.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DownInFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2017, 03:33 PM   #100
TopChed
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

On the off chance you have anything running Android TV, there is finally an Amazon Prime Video app for that. I watch on my Nvidia Shield TV.

There's also the Xiaomi Mi Box that runs Android TV.
TopChed is offline   Reply With Quote