Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2016, 02:35 PM   #21
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

nm

Last edited by TheScorpion; 03-24-2016 at 03:27 PM.
TheScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 02:36 PM   #22
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Win for Iggy.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 02:53 PM   #23
Gaskal
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keselke View Post
Please lose
Old 03-24-2016, 02:55 PM   #24
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Win for Backstrom!
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 03:14 PM   #25
Keselke
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
Please leave that mentality out of here. Or should we create a dedicated Tank Thread for those in favour?
Please keep your sentiment for winning out of this thread. Or should I create a thread dedicated to winning only?

My sentiment for a loss, is just as valid as yours for a different result. I don't believe in the correlation between finishing strong and carry over to the next season. Certainly over a small sample size of of the last 3 seasons, two different finishes, two drastically different regular season + playoff results

You can have all the effort you want, if you don't have the players the team will be mediocre or worse, you can cheer for some loser points in meaningless games in March/April for the anecdotal correlation that these wins will indicate better future results, however that sentiment is certainly not based on anything empirical

I will cheer for the highest possible pick. If I feel that is the best course for the betterment of the franchise.

I am so fulfilled with many things in my life that it would be pathetic to seek schadenfreude over something as silly as a sports game.
Keselke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Keselke For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2016, 03:19 PM   #26
FiveSeven
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Perfectly said. I wouldn't mind Back's winning to get some revenge. Otherwise? Lose!
FiveSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 03:27 PM   #27
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Quote:
Please keep your sentiment for winning out of this thread. Or should I create a thread dedicated to winning only?

My sentiment for a loss, is just as valid as yours for a different result. I don't believe in the correlation between finishing strong and carry over to the next season. Certainly over a small sample size of of the last 3 seasons, two different finishes, two drastically different regular season + playoff results

You can have all the effort you want, if you don't have the players the team will be mediocre or worse, you can cheer for some loser points in meaningless games in March/April for the anecdotal correlation that these wins will indicate better future results, however that sentiment is certainly not based on anything empirical

I will cheer for the highest possible pick. If I feel that is the best course for the betterment of the franchise.
...well said.

I take that back, if you'll unquote me.

TheScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 03:31 PM   #28
Gaudfather
Franchise Player

Exp:

I know it is on the unlikely side, but I would love to see Backstrom completely stone ( I won't use the actual word) his former team tonight....that would be sweet!
Gaudfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 03:31 PM   #29
SHOGUN
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Backstrom kind of reminds me of Kipper... not only because he's a Finn, but they were two of the best Finnish goaltenders for years, I appreciated the rivalry between them.
SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 03:41 PM   #30
Fighting Banana Slug
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:

In which case, you should be cheering for the bouncing balls of the lottery. (As will I). A loss in the actual game, might mean a 1 or 2% chance of getting what you want. GFG!
O.K. there has been a lot of talk on whether or not MacTavish has actually done a good job for us, most fans on this board are very basic in their analysis and I feel would change their opinion entirely if the team was successful.
Fighting Banana Slug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 03:48 PM   #31
Gaskal
Franchise Player

Exp:

After being lost for a 24-hr period, my wallet has finally been found by one of my lab instructors.

Everything is awesome again and I hope the Flames win 9-0.
Old 03-24-2016, 04:05 PM   #32
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

I would "cheer for losses" if it meant a higher pick.

Tanking and strategic losing doesn't necessarily mean a higher pick, so that's why I cheer for wins even this late in the season. There is no doubt in my mind that the attitude of "it's ok to lose if we played well" can be impossible to eradicate later on.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CroFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2016, 05:37 PM   #33
hockey.modern
First Line Centre

Exp:
Default Flames vs Wild - 6:00 - SNW

Jooris out tonight. Freddie in

@NHLFlames:

Freddie Hamilton (on the roster on an emergency basis) will play in Minnesota. #CGYvsMIN
Old 03-24-2016, 05:46 PM   #34
locsofblu
First Line Centre

Exp:

I'd be happy with a win or loss. Go everyone!!!!! You're all winners!!!!!
locsofblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 05:58 PM   #35
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by locsofblu View Post
I'd be happy with a win or loss. Go everyone!!!!! You're all winners!!!!!
Because you're good enough, you're smart enough, and doggonit, Austin Matthews.
Old 03-24-2016, 06:38 PM   #36
hwy19man
Franchise Player

Exp:

Centre Ice channels for:
Thursday, March 24
Calgary at Minnesota, 1800h Mountain
Flames feed in red

Shaw Cable 352 SD and HD
Shaw Direct 167 HD--Classic lineup
Shaw Direct 467 HD--Advance lineup

Bell - 431 SD 1456 HD

Telus Sat - same as Bell
Telus Optik - ***

Rogers - Same as Eastlink

Source Cable - 457 460 SD 485 488 HD
Eastlink -457 460 SD and HD
Cogeco - 457 460 SD 488 491 HD
Westman - 807 SD 821 HD
MTS - 838 841 SD 1838 1841 HD
Novus - 484**
Northwestel - 578 581 SD and HD

Videotron - NA***

USA
Indemand - Game SD7 Game HD7
Directv - 778 SD 778-1 HD
Dish - 581 SD 9550 HD Hopper channel 475-09

Sirius Radio-- Siri Internet 926
XM Radio-- XM Internet 926

SXM Radio-- SXM Internet 926

must show all Flames games nationally when they play on Saturdays, Mondays, and Wednesdays !!!
hwy19man is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gtd , rideitout