Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2024, 02:43 PM   #21
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goriders View Post
You have to wonder how many of the vets are going to want to know what the go forward plan is heading into the offseason. If it’s to strive to be the worst team in the league for a number of seasons I’m wondering how many of them will ask for trades.
I doubt it is though as much as some on here want it to be. Conroy probably wants to turn things around as quick as possible but be smart about it and not trade young assets for older players or give out expensive long term contracts to players near or in their 30s to try and rush it.
Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2024, 03:11 PM   #22
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cobra View Post
It just shows that they were exceptionally lucky in the first two periods to be tied.

I tend to judge a game based on 60 minutes. You can’t simply say they deserved a better fate because they had a good third period.
Sure I can!

Do you realize you spend most of your time on this site telling people why they're wrong?

I mean you're a good poster. and you're often right, but it must be 85% of your contributions.

Flames worked their asses off last night and had a solid third period in a tie game. I can say they deserved a better fate and feel good about it.
Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 10:49 AM   #23
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Sure I can!

Do you realize you spend most of your time on this site telling people why they're wrong?

I mean you're a good poster. and you're often right, but it must be 85% of your contributions.

Flames worked their asses off last night and had a solid third period in a tie game. I can say they deserved a better fate and feel good about it.
The botched goal call, missed calls on pretty clear Blues penalties add to the "deserved a better fate". No quick whistle, Flames are leading in the third.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote