Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-26-2016, 12:15 AM   #61
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

I haven't watched since the first episode but just got caught up. It's been really good so far IMO.

The scene last episode in which the pink team was looking for the lunch they were supposed to give the guys handling the dynamite might have been the funniest thing I've seen on this show. That team was just hilarious overall and I wish they would've stayed a little longer. The paragliding over the French Alps was amazing to watch and I also liked how they edited that ending and made it suspenseful.

The guy with the glasses (I think his name is Tyler) is so annoying. Cole is basically a giant toddler and Blair just irritates me. Also rolled my eyes a bit in the episode where the models went out, during the part where a number of teams were on the train and went out of their way to hide from them - I wouldn't have helped them with the flags either but the hiding part was kinda pathetic.

The guy who couldn't find Adriana - I can't imagine how infuriated I would be if I was his partner.

Brodie/Kurt and Korey/Tyler are dominating this race right now, hoping another team steps up and makes this a little more interesting.
Old 04-02-2016, 07:48 PM   #62
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well, it's finally back on...

These non-elimination endings aren't very satisfying...especially when you see a competitor screw up soooo badly and stay in. Seriously you only tried to turn it one direction? Ugh. Dumb. For awhile I had sympathy for her, as I've done hundreds of oil changes and some filters can really stick. But then I saw her repeatedly turn the wrong way...They should have been eliminated.

On the other hand, my teams finished one-two, so I can't be mad about that!
Old 04-04-2016, 07:35 AM   #63
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Well, it's finally back on...

These non-elimination endings aren't very satisfying...especially when you see a competitor screw up soooo badly and stay in. Seriously you only tried to turn it one direction? Ugh. Dumb. For awhile I had sympathy for her, as I've done hundreds of oil changes and some filters can really stick. But then I saw her repeatedly turn the wrong way...They should have been eliminated.

On the other hand, my teams finished one-two, so I can't be mad about that!
In this case it wasn't a non-elimination leg...it's a super leg. There was no pit stop.
Old 04-04-2016, 08:00 AM   #64
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ya, similar effect though. Except they don't even have to worry about a speed bump.
Old 04-11-2016, 07:55 AM   #65
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Am I the only one left watching this? Quite an exciting finish. To bad for Burnie & Ashley with that cab at the end. Somehow Sheri & Cole made all the right decisions this episode.

Next one looks to be exciting, going to Dubai. Should be fun.
Old 04-11-2016, 08:06 AM   #66
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Great episode...watched last night. I love the dancing and singing tasks because you know there are going to be teams that struggle mightily to do them and this was no exception. It seems to me that Sheri is making more of the decisions the last couple of legs and they are better for them. Well except for the decision to not try to turn the filter the other way....

What is surprising this year is that there are no teams on the verge of having a relationship implode. They are all highly functional teams which I think turns into increased competitiveness during the legs.
Old 04-11-2016, 08:08 AM   #67
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I look at the dancing ones and just cringe, because I know I'd be a massive failure.
Old 04-11-2016, 12:43 PM   #68
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I look at the dancing ones and just cringe, because I know I'd be a massive failure.
Yep. Same for me.
Old 04-11-2016, 06:46 PM   #69
Amethyst
First Line Centre

Exp:

I got out of the habit when it was off for a few weeks and hasn't drawn me back in. Friday nights are a bad time for me.
Old 04-11-2016, 06:59 PM   #70
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

The dancing part on the last episode looked incredibly difficult. It was one of those challenges where the main goal is to not lose your cool. Dubai looks like it will be really interesting on Friday
Old 04-11-2016, 07:07 PM   #71
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethyst View Post
I got out of the habit when it was off for a few weeks and hasn't drawn me back in. Friday nights are a bad time for me.
Ya, the March Madness gap is a really bad thing for continuity. I don't think I ever watch it Friday night either. Usually Sunday night.
Old 04-18-2016, 09:04 AM   #72
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Really starting to dislike these non-elimination legs. That team does not deserve to keep surviving.

Racing the camels must have been tough. They said they can run up to 40mph, which is almost 65 kph. Even at 3/4 speed that's fast. I'm a pretty good cyclist, but there is no way I could sustain 65kph for for 2km. I figure the second round they must have had at least a 500m advantage.
Old 04-18-2016, 10:06 AM   #73
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

That racing looked exhausting. The two guys in the best shape in the race could barely manage it first time and they were absolutely wrecked. I have a feeling that was the major reason for the immediate use of the express pass. He was so bagged and just couldn't concentrate to get the "puzzle" done. Good leg and especially loved the flashbacks to the girl on the team who wouldn't do the water slide and then getting eliminated. The new slide was crazy.
Old 04-18-2016, 12:13 PM   #74
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Did they actually have to beat the camels or just go through the bike route twice? One team got through and it looked like they didn't stand a chance against the camels
Old 04-18-2016, 12:18 PM   #75
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I thought they had to beat them, but maybe they were given such a big head start it made it easy. They probably didn't want them doing to many laps in the desert.
Old 04-19-2016, 02:16 PM   #76
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

From what I recall hearing is that they had to beat the camels but on the second chance they got a head start...clearly a substantial one.
Old 04-25-2016, 08:21 PM   #77
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Meh episode. I think the speed bumps should be harder. You just barely survive, you should REALLY have to fight to stay in it. I think they used to be harder.

I hadn't realized Curt had been carrying the team through roadblocks. Brodie seams kinda, eerhm...slow.

Also, there was no "next time on" at the end, I rewound 3 times to check...

Does anyone understand how the salt thing works? I don't understand the sand step. You wet the sand, then? How do they clean it and get salt for the drying trays? I've seen it done in South America and they dry it and scrape it. Don't understand how that works with loose sand....
Old 04-25-2016, 08:23 PM   #78
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nevermind, looked it up....

Quote:
By late afternoon, a brittle crust has formed over the sun-baked sand, which workers rake into baskets before dumping into giant wooden sieves. They add seawater over several days to leech the salt from the sand. The resulting brine is put in troughs so the sun can evaporate the water.
http://travel.cnn.com/explorations/l...duccis-780500/
Old 04-26-2016, 04:07 AM   #79
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Also, there was no "next time on" at the end, I rewound 3 times to check...
There was on the version I watched. It's on the online episode on CTV.ca if you want to see it (just FF to the final commercial break).
Old 05-01-2016, 03:53 AM   #80
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

That was some pretty good strategy with the u-turn to get Brodie and Kurt out.

Tyler & Korey are a good team, but are so insufferable. Anyone but them please. I don't even mind the dancer's bickering, I'll even take them.