Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-20-2016, 09:04 AM   #161
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's all good. I had just finished watching the ep earlier, so it was still fresh in my mind.
Old 03-23-2016, 07:08 PM   #162
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wow! Another exciting tribal council, the vote was uncertain - even as the votes were being written. The last vote was the very definition of a swing vote.
Spoiler!

Debbie's latest occupation:
Spoiler!

Last edited by mile; 03-23-2016 at 07:22 PM.
Old 03-24-2016, 07:13 AM   #163
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

With Peter being voted out, we lose our third player in Barnes. =(
Old 03-24-2016, 08:01 AM   #164
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Once again, a flip flopper gets dumped. Will they ever learn? Not sad to see him go though. Some how Ghetto Belly is flying under the radar, which I guess is good for me, but man, I don't like him. How did Scott get almost dominated in a basketball challenge???
Old 03-24-2016, 09:11 AM   #165
JiriHrdina
I believe in the Pony Power

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Once again, a flip flopper gets dumped. Will they ever learn? Not sad to see him go though. Some how Ghetto Belly is flying under the radar, which I guess is good for me, but man, I don't like him. How did Scott get almost dominated in a basketball challenge???
The other guy was a point guard in college I think - so he could have arguably been a better shooter than a guy that spent his entire career in the paint.
Regardless once they both found the range, they were both hitting the shot - and it largely came down to luck/bounces. All their shots were on targert - just a matter of whether it bounced their way or not.

Who is "Ghetto Belly"?
Old 03-24-2016, 09:46 AM   #166
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Kyle. So named for his tattoo.
Old 03-24-2016, 12:18 PM   #167
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiriHrdina View Post
The other guy was a point guard in college I think - so he could have arguably been a better shooter than a guy that spent his entire career in the paint.
Regardless once they both found the range, they were both hitting the shot - and it largely came down to luck/bounces. All their shots were on targert - just a matter of whether it bounced their way or not.

Who is "Ghetto Belly"?
Point guard in highschool.
Old 03-24-2016, 01:48 PM   #168
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiriHrdina View Post

Who is "Ghetto Belly"?
It was high school, and I would argue that no matter what professional sport you play in, even the gooniest of goons in the NHL should still have a better shot than a guy who played Midget. I think it just speaks to how bad of a ball player he really was, which we've covered in depth in this thread already. I don't argue that the challenge was more even based on the fact that this was not a basketball net though.

That being said, Scott seemed like a different person when he was away from Kyle? (Why did I think it was Jason?) and now with just one sentence shown from the preview I am already dreading the two of them being reunited.

I loved how humble Tai was at the start of the episode, Oh thanks for keeping me guys fyi I could have stayed no matter what you wanted.. thats right Tai just fly under that radar.
Old 03-25-2016, 06:50 PM   #169
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Have watched the episode now. I'm glad that Peter's gone, he was starting to annoy me. Going to be interesting to see how things shake out after the merge.
Old 03-26-2016, 01:02 PM   #170
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

In his prime Scott Pollard was a pretty good basketball player. A role player for sure - out there to bang and play defence, but he was pretty good at it. He was on the Sacramento team that lost to LA in the Robert Horry game 7 buzzer beater.

But for his dismal performance in the challenge, after the challenge I was also surprised so I looked up his stats. In his NBA career he attempted a total of 2 three point shots. That's no excuse in the challenge because these looked like foul shots in any event. He looked bad and that's a credit to the other guy.
Old 03-30-2016, 10:03 PM   #171
calgarybornnraised
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

What a crap way to end. I understand the reasoning but it just seems weird.

I wonder if they told Neil he couldn't give the Idol away?
Old 03-30-2016, 10:43 PM   #172
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarybornnraised View Post
What a crap way to end. I understand the reasoning but it just seems weird.

I wonder if they told Neil he couldn't give the Idol away?
He responded to this question on twitter, in reference to Aubry:

Neal Gottlieb ‏@nealhgottlieb 3h3 hours ago @ldstarr18 when somebody tells you they'd slit your throat the night before you're less likely to give her the family jewels

Sounds like she was at least entertaining cutting him. Even if he tried to give the idol away, it would be in front of everyone and would put a target on their back - it would hurt more than help.

Disappointed that there wasn't a tribal council, the buildup tonight with all the drama and tension would have made for a good one. I like Aubry, but I think she's screwed and is probably the next to go. Nick is in a pretty powerful position with all the information he is getting from both sides.
Old 03-31-2016, 12:29 AM   #173
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

That was one disgusting infection. When there's basically a cavern growing on your knee its time to maybe go home.

Aubrey's infection didn't look that serious, but one night that sucker is going to let go and shower the shelter.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Old 03-31-2016, 12:58 AM   #174
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Glad I was eating supper while watching the show tonight
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KootenayFlamesFan For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2016, 11:02 AM   #175
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Sucks to lose my top pick that way, but it happens. Tough play with the idol, but honestly if you are getting pulled from the game you are obviously a wreck and not thinking straight. Maybe a little bitter about it and say screw it I am taking it home. My game is over what do I care about yours? I think Aubry was being a little spoiled brattish by crying about the idol and calling Neil out. I was trying to remember did they find it together or was it all Neil? If they found it together then she has more of a right to be upset.
Old 03-31-2016, 11:57 AM   #176
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Neil found it on his own, he just told her about it this episode. I can see why she was a bit upset, having lost her ally and not thinking clearly. I'd be surprised if she doesn't feel a little embarrassed about it looking back on it.

Nick better be careful trying to play both sides.

There is a lot of overconfidence this season, many of them are going to get taken down a few notches. I do like how there isn't much whimpering to be found, everyone is there to tough it out.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 03-31-2016, 01:39 PM   #177
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Its not as good as last seasons because last seasons was just a strategic master piece and the game completely changed.

Right now we have the brawn tried populated by a bunch of arrogant dummies.

The brain tribe that's afraid to make a move and Deb is a big dummy

And the beauty tribe who are now in operation ride the coat tails.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Old 03-31-2016, 02:48 PM   #178
Aegypticus
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I found it a bit funny that Joe and Debbie don't seem to have any festering wounds because they've both turned their skin into tanned leather over the years.
Old 03-31-2016, 08:51 PM   #179
JiriHrdina
I believe in the Pony Power

Exp:

Lots of details here: http://www.ew.com/article/2016/03/31...s-rachel-bloom
The Following User Says Thank You to JiriHrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2016, 11:34 PM   #180
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Have been able to watch the ep. It was a decent enough one. I agree with the doc, though...I can't see him letting these folks risk lifelong injury. As much as I wanted to see how Tribal turned out, I think the right choice was made.