Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 05-11-2016, 10:08 PM   #301
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well, Joe getting med-evaced takes myself and D to the Iddy out with him. That kinda sucks.

I could see this one coming, though, when Cydney went on about "Joe's going to have some problems with that beef", and that twigged my memory that they'd said in pre-season lead-up's that there were the most medi-evac's in Survivor history. The rest was just slowly watching the inevitable.

But...this really changes things up in a good way, imo. Now no one's really safe. I'm really interested in see how this plays out. I'd kind of like to see the three girls get rid of Tai, and all 3 go to the end (it's been a while since a lady won, IIRC) and all 3 of them have a solid case for a different style of game that could do something more with the jury than a landslide for one person.

I'm also irked that I have to work nights next Wednesday. >.< I really like the reunion show, and it's never on VoD.
Old 05-11-2016, 10:10 PM   #302
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

As much as I begrudge Joe's lack of game, nobody deserves to go out like that.

Its now an even split with Aubry and Tai versus Cyndy and Michelle, and Michelle has the most votes against her so I think she loses a tie.

I have to think that everyone would want to go to the final jury with Tai. But the rest Michelle Aubry and Cyndy have been solid, but frankly in no way to I want to have Aubry in the final three in front of that jury.

She wins no matter who she goes with.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Old 05-11-2016, 10:20 PM   #303
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Its now an even split with Aubry and Tai versus Cyndy and Michelle, and Michelle has the most votes against her so I think she loses a tie.
A 2-2 split in the final 4 would result a fire-making challenge.

I agree with the rest of your post. Cydney and Michele definitely have to put their votes on Aubry here, I think Aubry wins against anyone in the finals. She can talk anyone into doing anything, like how she won Tai's loyalty back so easily after the reward challenge.
Old 05-12-2016, 09:05 AM   #304
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Tai is actually really grating on me, even last night, he was talking to Michelle all day about maybe doing something, then bammo Aubrey comes back to camp, and he completely flip flops again with the wet puppy what do I do thing.

The more I think about it, his game hasn't been that great, admittedly he made a massive move, that completely screwed him with at least two members of the jury, and then proceeded to screw over other people, not because of a plan, but because of his indecisiveness.

If he gets in front of the jury, he'll be asked what its like to be Aubrey's lap dog, to which he'll scream, "I'm not her lap dog"

Then the jury will offer him a Scooby snack and then rub his belly when he rolls over.

Right now Aubrey and Michelle have both played the best games, with Cyndy also deserving to be there.

Old 05-12-2016, 09:49 AM   #305
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tai started out with the best game, had the advantage, Idol, social game, no one looking to vote him out...I think his biggest mistake was flipping to Scott/Jason for no reason whatsoever. It's been all downhill since then. I think any of the girls have a better chance at winning than him.

Also his whole talk with Michelle about how it wasn't really his fault he pre-judges people was hard to listen to.
Old 05-12-2016, 10:48 AM   #306
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Joe's game summed up in one sentence "You choose Aubry."

Brutal, good riddance. I am still just flabbergastid, is that how you spell it? I don't care! by the lack of play from the rest of these guys. How is Aubry not public enemy number one? She now has a for sure vote on the jury with Joe, she is well respected by her enemies (Scott and Jason) and has played by far the best social game on the island. Cydney periodically flips out on people and has burned many bridges, Tai has been shown to flip flop in the worst kind of way and I think it is punctuated this season by the lack of game players who are willing to make big moves, and Michelle is literally just along for the ride at this point. She is probably just a star at her bartending gig, talking up the customers great social skills getting that tip, but here on the island she has been nothing more than a pawn. Used by Cydney when she wants her and manipulated by Aubry like everyone else.

If I was Jeff I would just walk up to each one of them at the next tribal council and slap them across the face and yell WAKE UP!!! to see if they decide it is time to actually make a move.
Old 05-12-2016, 01:07 PM   #307
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think Cydney's game has been pretty good. She's obviously a huge physical threat but managed to stay off of everyone's radar. That's hard to do. I think she's thrown some comps for that reason.
Old 05-13-2016, 07:27 AM   #308
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Glad Joe is gone. What a useless player.
Old 05-13-2016, 10:41 AM   #309
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by corporatejay View Post
I think Cydney's game has been pretty good. She's obviously a huge physical threat but managed to stay off of everyone's radar. That's hard to do. I think she's thrown some comps for that reason.
She's also dictated a bunch of moves and sniffed out several flip floppers/schemers.

Hers to win lose at this point.
Old 05-18-2016, 08:30 PM   #310
calgarybornnraised
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I'm not surprised.

I was hoping for different results but the good ones don't always win.
Old 05-18-2016, 08:31 PM   #311
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh wow...

Spoiler!

Last edited by mile; 05-18-2016 at 08:47 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to mile For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2016, 09:06 PM   #312
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Survivor 33: Millennials vs Gen X

Hoping they vote off the annoying people from both sides and that theme dies quick.
Old 05-18-2016, 09:16 PM   #313
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Awww ya! Amazed one of my 2 middle of the road picks won. I do think she did a very good job in the second half of the game. She was on the outs for a long time and kept herself alive. I don't think Aubrey lost so much as Michele won.
Old 05-18-2016, 09:51 PM   #314
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Crazy. I didn't even know that girls name for most of the season. Never would have picked her as the winner. She did emerge as a strong player in challenges, but I still felt that she made zero big moves. If I was Aubry I would have been playing up the big moves more. I feel like this vote went to personal relationships versus who deserved to win.. and that is a poor reflection on the jury imo.

After Neal's smug comment and hissy fit as he left the pre-final tribal I was happy that Michelle did win, but I still think Aubry played the best game.

For the record I honestly wanted Michelle or Tai to win over Aubry, she played a great game but something about her just bothered me. I was actually cheering and laughing when Michelle won.

How did the votes break down anyway? Do we ever get to know?
Old 05-18-2016, 10:18 PM   #315
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
Crazy. I didn't even know that girls name for most of the season. Never would have picked her as the winner. She did emerge as a strong player in challenges, but I still felt that she made zero big moves. If I was Aubry I would have been playing up the big moves more. I feel like this vote went to personal relationships versus who deserved to win.. and that is a poor reflection on the jury imo.

After Neal's smug comment and hissy fit as he left the pre-final tribal I was happy that Michelle did win, but I still think Aubry played the best game.

For the record I honestly wanted Michelle or Tai to win over Aubry, she played a great game but something about her just bothered me. I was actually cheering and laughing when Michelle won.

How did the votes break down anyway? Do we ever get to know?
5-2 vote, I think only the two brains voted for Aubry.

The decision probably came down to personal relationships but that is to Michele's credit for creating stronger social bonds than Aubry did. She's a lot like Sandra - a solid, under-the-radar winner with great social skills.
Old 05-18-2016, 10:31 PM   #316
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

I honestly don't know what Aubry could have done to build stronger relationships, she was always lending an ear to anyone who wanted to talk. She was quiet when she needed to be and spoke up when she had something good to say. She worked hard at not pissing people off and making sure it was a strategy move. Meanwhile, Michelle could have done oodles more for her strategy game. She had zero big moves and was basically just an addition to every major vote, except the one her own alliance left her out of. And then she was still to dense to turn around and say "Hey wait I am on the outside!" She just blindly went back to following. Dumb luck worked out in her favor, but statistically speaking the bottom players who don't wisen up end up going home or get called a goat at the end. She did turn up her physical game at the end and I give her a huge credit for that, but as Aubry said she played her heart out and she didn't win a lot of challenges but she was right in the thick of it. I am still happy about Michelle's win and I do think she deserved to win, just not over Aubry.
Old 05-18-2016, 10:53 PM   #317
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
I honestly don't know what Aubry could have done to build stronger relationships, she was always lending an ear to anyone who wanted to talk. She was quiet when she needed to be and spoke up when she had something good to say. She worked hard at not pissing people off and making sure it was a strategy move. Meanwhile, Michelle could have done oodles more for her strategy game. She had zero big moves and was basically just an addition to every major vote, except the one her own alliance left her out of. And then she was still to dense to turn around and say "Hey wait I am on the outside!" She just blindly went back to following. Dumb luck worked out in her favor, but statistically speaking the bottom players who don't wisen up end up going home or get called a goat at the end. She did turn up her physical game at the end and I give her a huge credit for that, but as Aubry said she played her heart out and she didn't win a lot of challenges but she was right in the thick of it. I am still happy about Michelle's win and I do think she deserved to win, just not over Aubry.
Yeah, definitely. All season I thought Aubry played the best, and liked how she dealt with the jury questions and spoke in order to get allies to do things. She came across as very emotionally intelligent all season. Michele was probably more likeable though (she is more upbeat/positive compared to Aubry). It might've just come down to the two alpha jocks (Scot and Jason) not liking the fact that they got bested by a nerdy girl and decided to vote for the person who wasn't plotting against them. Or maybe Aubry didn't put enough emphasis that she was the reason Tai flipped on the guys and that she was the one who lost two big allies to medivacs and still overcame the odds to get to the end.

It's not wrong that Michele won (and she is deserving), but it does feel wrong that Aubry lost.
The Following User Says Thank You to mile For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2016, 10:56 PM   #318
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Michelle went into outright beast mode in the end, and she just plain won challenges, and I think that people under rated her game, but she found the rare way to win and not really put people against her.

I would rank her as one of the top female players in the game, she's not up there with the Black Widow Alliance, but she just played a solid smart game and found a way to win a lot of challenges.

I would have liked to see Aubrey win, but in the end she fought and she scrapped, but maybe she just wasn't as subtle as Michelle.

BTW I thought she looked absolutely stunning in the reunion show.

Tai was a disaster in the last half of the game and Scott murdered him in front of the jury with the whole, you had all these advantages and screwed it up. Tai also never took control of his fate.

Over all I thought last season with the voting blocks was a lot of fun, but this season was more traditional because none of the players saw the voting block, this might be the last game with traditional alliances.

BTW way to go survivor in terms of keeping things fresh by continually changing the rules, the Jury vote out was brilliant, and Michelle really read it right, it would have been easy for her to take out Joe, but she realized that Neal had a hate on for her, and btw, he looked like a goof with his rambling snark fest.

Here's to a great and the most physically challenging season yet.

Now onto next years Serial Killers vs LA Policemen Survivor.

Old 05-18-2016, 11:05 PM   #319
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Haven't had a chance to watch it (won't until Friday or so), but with Michele winning it all, Fuzz and ernie from CP join her in our virtual winners circle to split the virtual million bucks! Congrats!

Sounds like the last few are a good watch, and I look forward to seeing them!

To the other players, thanks for playing and making this thread an enjoyable read!
Old 05-19-2016, 12:41 AM   #320
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Still kinda shocked Aubrey didn't win, she was solid for the entire game, but Michelle brought it over the past couple/few episodes. I can see why she won. Punting Neil from the game turned out to be the perfect move, I thought for sure it was Joe. Aubrey didn't look pleased right after the votes were read, and I don't blame her, she played a nearly flawless game.

Kudos to the show for the last wrinkle in the game, I loved it. Something new, and something to really fight for in the last challenge.