Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2016, 07:33 PM   #161
AcGold
Self-Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemenz View Post
Destiny released several patches to fix the game when it was broken, 90% of the player base did not leave. Along with those patches came several that added no content just balanced weapons.

Battlefield 4 released with some major issues, took almost a full year to fix and still has a huge player base several years later, also several patches that had no content. This is such the case for countless games release in the DLC and Patch era.

Games will always dwindle in player base as time progresses and other games grab players attention, that is inevitable, saying 90% however is just being overly dramatic. The game might be dead for you but i like many others still enjoy it and will continue to enjoy it, as I instead of complaining and exaggerating understand that nothing is perfect.
I bought both those games and they convinced me not to buy products from Dice or Bungie.

Your logic is poor. Companies releasing poorly optimized, unfinished buggy messes then truncating player bases later on into two or more payment models is crazy. It's shortsighted and hurting those companies in particular.

Nothing is perfect is a lot different than buggy broken cash grab. Dice is hurting their reputation and people have caught on how they are rehashing assets and putting in very minimal effort between games. I'm done with that companies games for good, like forever, not exactly successful customer retention. I bought all of their early games and all of their expansion packs when the company started and it was worth the money. Now you couldn't pay me to play their terrible games. Dice literally built their foundation off customers like me and now I encourage everyone to avoid them at all costs.

Last edited by AcGold; 09-18-2016 at 07:38 PM.
AcGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 08:38 PM   #162
Diemenz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcGold View Post
Your logic is poor.
Please Explain.

I expect a response from you that will attack me and my opinion just because yours differs. I was not surprised that you responded to a post by saying it lacked logic, but you forgot to say dismissive....thats your other favourite word. I'll be honest, I really want to take what you say for what its worth but I never know if its a gross exaggeration.

The great thing about opinions is everybody has them, they are like ********. Some are just bigger then others............

Edit: Just for reference, EA's 4.14 Billion (12.11 Billion Global) and Ubisoft's 1.85 Billion laugh at you saying they are shortsighted and hurting. In Addition they have finished 2 & 3 for the last few years in meta score. But lets leave that out of the discussion as its fact and you don't like to play in that world.

Last edited by Diemenz; 09-18-2016 at 08:54 PM.
Diemenz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Diemenz For This Useful Post:
Old 09-18-2016, 09:06 PM   #163
TjRhythmic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
I bought both those games and they convinced me not to buy products from Dice or Bungie.

Your logic is poor. Companies releasing poorly optimized, unfinished buggy messes then truncating player bases later on into two or more payment models is crazy. It's shortsighted and hurting those companies in particular.

Nothing is perfect is a lot different than buggy broken cash grab. Dice is hurting their reputation and people have caught on how they are rehashing assets and putting in very minimal effort between games. I'm done with that companies games for good, like forever, not exactly successful customer retention. I bought all of their early games and all of their expansion packs when the company started and it was worth the money. Now you couldn't pay me to play their terrible games. Dice literally built their foundation off customers like me and now I encourage everyone to avoid them at all costs.
TjRhythmic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TjRhythmic For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2016, 04:46 PM   #164
Iceman57
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:

Iceman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 08:38 AM   #165
Iceman57
Scoring Winger

Exp:

The Following User Says Thank You to Iceman57 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2016, 09:52 AM   #166
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

I sold my PS4 copy and picked it up with the Seasons pass on PC. I never played much on PS4 because I hate controllers for shooting games but really enjoying it now. Graphics turned way up this looks very pretty, can't wait to hit 30 and work on content.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2016, 11:00 AM   #167
Iceman57
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Old 10-09-2016, 12:56 PM   #168
TjRhythmic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman57 View Post
This is one reason I why I love public test servers. They will actually test and balance this patch until it's right. I'm actually excited for 1.4.
Old 10-20-2016, 07:40 AM   #169
Iceman57
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Old 10-20-2016, 08:47 AM   #170
TheyCallMeBruce
Likes Cartoons

Exp:

So are we planning to play this again?
TheyCallMeBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 09:00 AM   #171
Diemenz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyCallMeBruce View Post
So are we planning to play this again?
I'm on board, loved the gun play and the concept. Did think it was overly hard in some instances so hopefully this will give more play style options.
Old 10-24-2016, 12:35 PM   #172
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

I'll give it a go, but Civ 6 just dropped and umm well I play that a bit too much.
Old 10-24-2016, 12:41 PM   #173
Jbo
NOT a cool kid

Exp:

Patch drops at 2AM. Going to wait to hear your guy's impressions, as there is no "new" content per se, but does overhaul the core game.

Honestly, like I had mentioned a few months ago, a backlog with Destiny, Battlefield 1, Titanfall 2 and COD Remastered is going to be competing for my time. However. I do hope it brings people back, because for all its problems, I still had a blast with it.
Jbo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jbo For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2016, 03:46 PM   #174
TjRhythmic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbo View Post
Patch drops at 2AM. Going to wait to hear your guy's impressions, as there is no "new" content per se, but does overhaul the core game.

Honestly, like I had mentioned a few months ago, a backlog with Destiny, Battlefield 1, Titanfall 2 and COD Remastered is going to be competing for my time. However. I do hope it brings people back, because for all its problems, I still had a blast with it.

Here is the complete patch notes with all the changes if you want to have a read. Lots of changes.

http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com...m:148-76770-32
Jbo
Old 10-24-2016, 07:29 PM   #175
Jbo
NOT a cool kid

Exp:

Ya I have been following 1.4, but have not seen much of the PTR.

Good read here on the game:
http://kotaku.com/the-divisions-rocky-road-1788165727
The Following User Says Thank You to Jbo For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2016, 11:50 AM   #176
Iceman57
Scoring Winger

Exp:

The game actually feels entirely different in the best way possible. The gun play is fantastic, time to kill has been greatly improved and I'm not getting killed by one shot although using cover i feel is even more important. The amount of loot that now drops is great so you constantly feel rewarded while playing the game. The changes they made have really improved the game overall so I'll be playing the Division regularly again.
Old 10-26-2016, 02:31 PM   #177
Jbo
NOT a cool kid

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman57 View Post
The game actually feels entirely different in the best way possible. The gun play is fantastic, time to kill has been greatly improved and I'm not getting killed by one shot although using cover i feel is even more important. The amount of loot that now drops is great so you constantly feel rewarded while playing the game. The changes they made have really improved the game overall so I'll be playing the Division regularly again.
Great to hear.

Hope that the next xpac comes out some time in the next couple months. Seems like a perfect place to dive back in.
Old 10-26-2016, 11:58 PM   #178
Iceman57
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Unfortunately while playing the Division tonight, at times I was a victim of terrible shuttering frame rate. I hear it's a major issue among many console players of both Xbone & PS4. I really hope it's fixed soon since the game is basically unplayable when you're effected.
Old 10-27-2016, 05:15 AM   #179
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

My gear score went down about 20 points. How come?
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 07:11 AM   #180
TjRhythmic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
My gear score went down about 20 points. How come?
Max gear score is 229 now