Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2017, 08:44 PM   #1
MJK
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default WWE Calgary - June 17

I am taking my son to see this, what can I expect? Is there a place I can go to find out what wrestlers will be there?

Thanks
MJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 08:48 PM   #2
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think you can expect some poor officiating.
Old 06-05-2017, 08:56 PM   #3
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

I think you have the RAW brand.

Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns, Samoa Joe, Finn Balor, and Bray Wyatt are the headliners. No Brock Lesnar unfortunately.

Your kid - assuming he's under 10 - will probably like Finn Balor the best.

Good chance they will also use local PWA / Stampede talent in squash matches, so keep an eye out for locals getting tryouts.

You might also get some classic WWE with Goldust, who is still wrestling after 20 years with his bizarro gimmick.

Too bad you're not getting Smackdown wrestlers though, I feel they have the better brand (AJ Styles and Shinsuke Nakamura are must see in real life).
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 09:00 PM   #4
Regulator75
Franchise Player

Exp:

Check this link, these guys would know best.

http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthread.php?p=6274721

More photos on Flickr
Regulator75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 10:09 AM   #5
CMPunk
aka Spike

Exp:

http://www.wwe.com/wwe-live-summerslam-heatwave-tour-22

Yup, it's a RAW show sadly. I'm hoping Calgary keeps up with booing the faces and cheering the heels. Another "Taber Corn" chant would be awesome!
CMPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CMPunk For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2017, 10:55 AM   #6
Superflyer
Close, but no banana.

Exp:

Damn, the last one was a raw brand show so I was hoping for the Smackdown brand. I wanted AJ and Nakamura. Oh well.

The one a few months ago was a great show though, all very good matches and it was a blast.
Superflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 11:02 AM   #7
CMPunk
aka Spike

Exp:

House shows are generally a lot less scripted and more relaxed. Usually there's some goofy comedy spots during the matches.
Old 06-06-2017, 11:42 AM   #8
MJK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMPunk View Post
http://www.wwe.com/wwe-live-summerslam-heatwave-tour-22

Yup, it's a RAW show sadly. I'm hoping Calgary keeps up with booing the faces and cheering the heels. Another "Taber Corn" chant would be awesome!
So just to double check, on ticketmaster some are called 'WWE', some 'WWE Live', Some 'WWE Heatwave', any difference. Everything I have found for the Calgary Show is simply "WWE".

?
Old 06-06-2017, 11:45 AM   #9
CMPunk
aka Spike

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJK View Post
So just to double check, on ticketmaster some are called 'WWE', some 'WWE Live', Some 'WWE Heatwave', any difference. Everything I have found for the Calgary Show is simply "WWE".

?
Nothing different. It's a WWE Live event. The name of the tour is the Heatwave Tour as it's the pre Summerslam tour. It's all the same thing
The Following User Says Thank You to CMPunk For This Useful Post:
MJK
Old 06-06-2017, 01:22 PM   #10
The Goon
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I'll be there as well with my son. We went last October and really enjoyed it - they do a good job in making sure everyone's entertained. I was pleasantly surprised in that everyone was there (not just a B team), and they had a good number of matches - it went over three hours with an intermission midway through.

I'm disappointed in that it's RAW again, but at least there'll be some new names that weren't around in October - Joe, Balor, Miz, Ambrose, Hardys, Alexa, etc. Was hoping the Revival as well but don't think Dash is ready to go yet.

The merch table will be crowded and overpriced - better to buy the stuff online especially if you're looking for a shirt to fit your son. But of course it's exciting to see all the stuff there.

I'll be wearing an old-school Macho Man t-shirt and with an overstimulated six-year-old, so say hi if you see me!
We may curse our bad luck that it's sounds like its; who's sounds like whose; they're sounds like their (and there); and you're sounds like your. But if we are grown-ups who have been through full-time education, we have no excuse for muddling them up.
The Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 01:42 PM   #11
CMPunk
aka Spike

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goon View Post
I'll be there as well with my son. We went last October and really enjoyed it - they do a good job in making sure everyone's entertained. I was pleasantly surprised in that everyone was there (not just a B team), and they had a good number of matches - it went over three hours with an intermission midway through.

I'm disappointed in that it's RAW again, but at least there'll be some new names that weren't around in October - Joe, Balor, Miz, Ambrose, Hardys, Alexa, etc. Was hoping the Revival as well but don't think Dash is ready to go yet.

The merch table will be crowded and overpriced - better to buy the stuff online especially if you're looking for a shirt to fit your son. But of course it's exciting to see all the stuff there.

I'll be wearing an old-school Macho Man t-shirt and with an overstimulated six-year-old, so say hi if you see me!
WWE Shop has a $15 shirt sale right now, so jump on that if you want a shirt.

Dash might just be ready for this show. He has about 2 weeks left to heal if the 6 week time frame is right
Old 06-06-2017, 01:43 PM   #12
MJK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

OK either my son or I will be wearing Bret Hart sunglasses! Got them at my one and only show about 30 years ago.

Does Calgary have a store where i can get WWE stuff before the event?

Thanks.
Old 06-06-2017, 01:44 PM   #13
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

How come there's no events listed in Calgary for this on ticketmaster? They only have Toronto.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 01:48 PM   #14
MJK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMPunk View Post
WWE Shop has a $15 shirt sale right now, so jump on that if you want a shirt.

Dash might just be ready for this show. He has about 2 weeks left to heal if the 6 week time frame is right
How long does shipping take? I could have it shipped to my Aunt in Calgary, no way it gets to the Arctic before i leave next Tuesday.
Old 06-06-2017, 01:50 PM   #15
The Goon
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
How come there's no events listed in Calgary for this on ticketmaster? They only have Toronto.
I can see it:

https://www.ticketmaster.ca/wwe-calg...005292881A6DEA
We may curse our bad luck that it's sounds like its; who's sounds like whose; they're sounds like their (and there); and you're sounds like your. But if we are grown-ups who have been through full-time education, we have no excuse for muddling them up.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Goon For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2017, 01:52 PM   #16
CMPunk
aka Spike

Exp:

Quote:
How long does shipping take? I could have it shipped to my Aunt in Calgary, no way it gets to the Arctic before i leave next Tuesday.
If you pay for express, 4-9 business days
Old 06-06-2017, 01:53 PM   #17
CMPunk
aka Spike

Exp:

Quote:
OK either my son or I will be wearing Bret Hart sunglasses! Got them at my one and only show about 30 years ago.

Does Calgary have a store where i can get WWE stuff before the event?

Thanks.
Hot Topic in Chinook has a limited number of WWE shirts, but that would be the only place in town that has them
Old 06-06-2017, 01:56 PM   #18
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Oh wow, Stampede Corral? Has WWE shrunk in popularity over the years? I could have swore back in high school (early 2000's) Raw and Smackdown were always sold out Saddledome shows.

Looks like even here in the Corral there's a ton of seats still available.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 01:59 PM   #19
CMPunk
aka Spike

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Oh wow, Stampede Corral? Has WWE shrunk in popularity over the years? I could have swore back in high school (early 2000's) Raw and Smackdown were always sold out Saddledome shows.

Looks like even here in the Corral there's a ton of seats still available.
Ya, it's still popular for the TV tapings and PPV's, but live events can be all over the place.

They haven't been at the Dome for awhile now.
Old 06-06-2017, 02:01 PM   #20
The Goon
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I may be wrong about this, but they used to hold RAW here once a year or so at the Saddledome until the whole Benoit thing went down. I'm not sure if they've been back at the Saddledome since then - I remember having tickets to a show that was cancelled in the wake of that. I think they avoided Alberta entirely for a couple of years.