Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 05-16-2017, 07:33 PM   #2681
Jackpot_Smooth
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
Any, and all of Fan 960's ultra bombardment of commericals. Also their "this segment brought to you by...." every damn 5 minutes. Horrible.

If I hear "brought to you by South Street Burger" one more time...
I especially can't stand the northstar ford commercials, marty giles or whatever his name is, his voice is so irritating.
Jackpot_Smooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 08:36 AM   #2682
Luder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

The Acklands radio ad is pretty awful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Luder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Luder For This Useful Post:
Old 06-04-2017, 08:41 PM   #2683
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

I can't even figure out what they are trying to say.

"These are the hearing protection earmuffs John bought from Acklands Granger."
(Loud background noises)
"These are the ones the foreman wore."
(Quiet background noise.)

So- don't buy them from Acklands Granger?
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 12:53 AM   #2684
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

That Burger King commercial with the weird twins is pretty stupid.

The "I'm glad you're paying" joke doesn't make sense there because the whole point of the ad is that they can't believe they got 2 Whopper meals for only $10. The point of saying, "I'm glad you're paying" is if you're asking/tricking the other person into paying for something that's more expensive than expected.

Also, they're in Burger King and already have their food, so they've already paid.
Old 06-05-2017, 06:54 AM   #2685
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

There's a Hershey's chocolate commercial where the wife has broken up the bar and organized the letters on sheets to spell some stuff. Basically it's like "I have a surprise, my mother is moving in." And the guy gets this "WTF" look. And then the wife comes around the corner with the last note saying "Because I'm pregnant!" -- and everything is great and they smile and laugh.

Like, what? Who invites their mom to move in because they got pregnant? And any normal dude would still be pissed about that, baby or not.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2017, 09:02 AM   #2686
Superflyer
Close, but no banana.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
There's a Hershey's chocolate commercial where the wife has broken up the bar and organized the letters on sheets to spell some stuff. Basically it's like "I have a surprise, my mother is moving in." And the guy gets this "WTF" look. And then the wife comes around the corner with the last note saying "Because I'm pregnant!" -- and everything is great and they smile and laugh.

Like, what? Who invites their mom to move in because they got pregnant? And any normal dude would still be pissed about that, baby or not.
Also since she asked her mom to move in even before she let him know that she was knocked up. Guess we know who the least important person in that relationship is.
Superflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Superflyer For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2017, 10:17 AM   #2687
darockwilder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken0042 View Post
I can't even figure out what they are trying to say.

"These are the hearing protection earmuffs John bought from Acklands Granger."
(Loud background noises)
"These are the ones the foreman wore."
(Quiet background noise.)

So- don't buy them from Acklands Granger?
Yeah, it's also presented in a similar fashion to the anti-drug campaign about "This is the pill, the pill that killed her" that follows the path of the pill. I expect the end of the ad to be the death of an employee due to the earmuffs.
Old 06-06-2017, 07:32 PM   #2688
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Those stupid Ford parts commercials continue to get worse. Do Ford dealers ever listen to the radio? Do they hear how stupid the Parts Unknown commercials sound? I simply do not understand that method of advertising... Sound idiotic, and people will buy stuff from you and let you fix their cars? Is it reverse psychology? Us masses think you're stupid, so you will somehow do a better job fixing our cars than some other shop with a normal commercial that advertises competence and refrains from ridiculous jokes? Reminds me of the Fountain Tire commercials with that idiot that was constantly doing something stupid. That really gives me faith in your company, the "fact" that you have such a moron working for you.
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 08:38 PM   #2689
annasuave
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zukes View Post
OMG, I can't believe nobody has said anything about the damn milk commercial!!! "Guys, it doesn't get any better than this"

It was mildly humourous once and that was because it seemed like a beer commercial. Now it is overly cheesy and played EVERY commercial break during hockey games!!
Oh god. It's worse than that. I can't have been the only person who noticed!

When all the outdoorsy, flannel clad men are lounging around inside in the livingroom, in the upper left of the screen, you can see a woman walk across the shot. She pauses, eats a chip, and then saunters into the off-camera bedroom with a knowing look. The BEDROOM.

She's holed up in the woods with a dozen flannel wearing, milk drinking, hockey playing, healthy-type men! Maybe it DOESN'T get any better than this. For her.

The thing is, if you didn't notice her, you'll have to wait until hockey season comes around again to see this commercial again.
annasuave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 09:56 PM   #2690
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pete the Plumber and his sexist crap commercials can feck right the fecking feck off.
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Minnie For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2017, 09:59 PM   #2691
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by annasuave View Post
Oh god. It's worse than that. I can't have been the only person who noticed!

When all the outdoorsy, flannel clad men are lounging around inside in the livingroom, in the upper left of the screen, you can see a woman walk across the shot. She pauses, eats a chip, and then saunters into the off-camera bedroom with a knowing look. The BEDROOM.

She's holed up in the woods with a dozen flannel wearing, milk drinking, hockey playing, healthy-type men! Maybe it DOESN'T get any better than this. For her.

The thing is, if you didn't notice her, you'll have to wait until hockey season comes around again to see this commercial again.
It looks like the hockey playing guys end up at some sort of remote pub. The chick is a waitress there or something. At the end of the commercial there are other guys sitting at another table when the camera zooms out.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 10:51 PM   #2692
RougeUnderoos
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
Also, they're in Burger King and already have their food, so they've already paid.
Ha ha ha. That drives me crazy too.

My newest anti-favorite is the Tim Horton's "surprise latte shop" one. It's a typical corny Tim Horton's commercial, but that woman who screams "GAME CHANGER!" really GMGs.

That entire 'genre' of commercials where they pretend that they are giving/showing the products to random people and suggesting these are legitimate reactions. A&W for one, and Chevy's stupid "real people" ads are the worst, and with that damn Tim Horton's commercial, you get one of them in every commercial break in every hockey game.

RougeUnderoos is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RougeUnderoos For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2017, 11:53 PM   #2693
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
It looks like the hockey playing guys end up at some sort of remote pub. The chick is a waitress there or something. At the end of the commercial there are other guys sitting at another table when the camera zooms out.
Yeah, I think she's supposed to be a waitress in a pub...

Old 06-07-2017, 08:23 AM   #2694
darockwilder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
Yeah, I think she's supposed to be a waitress in a pub...

I'm glad we got that straightened out, unfortunately I had to watch the ad again to confirm....

Can you imagine ordering a round of milks at a pub?
Old 06-07-2017, 08:28 AM   #2695
Superflyer
Close, but no banana.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie View Post
Pete the Plumber and his sexist crap commercials can feck right the fecking feck off.
What sexist things does he do?
Superflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 01:41 PM   #2696
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RougeUnderoos View Post
That entire 'genre' of commercials where they pretend that they are giving/showing the products to random people and suggesting these are legitimate reactions. A&W for one, and Chevy's stupid "real people" ads are the worst, and with that damn Tim Horton's commercial, you get one of them in every commercial break in every hockey game.
Table 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Table 5 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2017, 02:06 PM   #2697
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

I hate any commercial that starts with: "Real people! Not Actors!"

I understand that the general viewing public dont have two brain cells to rub together but you have to be out of your goddamned mind to think anyone believes that crap.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 02:30 PM   #2698
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
I hate any commercial that starts with: "Real people! Not Actors!"

I understand that the general viewing public dont have two brain cells to rub together but you have to be out of your goddamned mind to think anyone believes that crap.
From what it sounds like the Chevy ads have "real" people, but the whole process is choreographed to encourage/shame them into saying only nice things. People tend to want to please when put into these types of situations.

http://www.avclub.com/article/whats-...ocialMarketing
Table 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 07:27 PM   #2699
annasuave
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
Hmm. I never saw that way before. But you're right. It is a pub. Well, that blows my salacious little theory out of the water.
annasuave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 11:30 PM   #2700
puffnstuff
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table 5 View Post
That guy Mahk is my favorite 'real person, not an actor'.

I believe he may have also been on The Bachelor.
puffnstuff is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bad commercials , bunchowhiners , eww spence diamonds "guy" , eww vagisil , spence sucks , subway sucks , telus sucks