Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2017, 07:17 AM   #21
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PostandIn View Post
His performance as Jim Morrison is criminally underrated. Not only did he play the role to a T, and to the considerable satisfaction of the remaining Doors, but he sang the songs (well).
Yep. That may be his best performance. Great movie.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 07:20 AM   #22
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kybosh View Post
Maybe I'm missing something but did Val Kilmer get cancer from giving oral sex? I mean, it's possible, but goddamn. . . kinda a sudden jump to a conclusion.
Speaking of sudden jumps to a conclusion. How exactly did you derive your conclusion seeing I said this cancer is on the rise and there are links to oral sex and did not say once that is how Kilmer got cancer?
Old 05-02-2017, 08:37 AM   #23
Kybosh
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Speaking of sudden jumps to a conclusion. How exactly did you derive your conclusion seeing I said this cancer is on the rise and there are links to oral sex and did not say once that is how Kilmer got cancer?
Because this is a thread about Val Kilmer confirming his throat/oral cancer and you immediately posted about oral cancers being on the rise due to oral sex....? Are you telling me that your post was just a public service announcement to the perils of oral sex? No you didn't say how Kilmer got cancer, I just found it bizarre.
Kybosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 08:49 AM   #24
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Val Kilmer's family believes the actor is killing himself by not dealing with a serious tumor ... because of his religious beliefs.

TMZ broke the story ... Val was rushed to the hospital Monday night after he started bleeding from the throat. Doctors at UCLA Medical Center, Santa Monica operated immediately and found a tumor. We're told the surgery was invasive ... they needed to enlarge a path to facilitate breathing.

Family members tell TMZ ... Val has known about the tumor since Summer. He had trouble speaking and his neck swelled to the point he covered it up with scarves and other clothing items.

The family members say they urged Val to seek treatment but he would have none of it because of his Christian Science beliefs. They say he shunned medical treatment and anyone who persisted got cut out of his life.
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 09:21 AM   #25
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Well I guess soon he will be joining Goose..
Old 05-02-2017, 09:46 AM   #26
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf View Post
I liked him in Kiss Kiss Bang Bang as well. And he was hilarious as the villain in MacGruber.
Dumbest movie I've ever seen, yet hilarious:

blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2017, 09:54 AM   #27
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kybosh View Post
Because this is a thread about Val Kilmer confirming his throat/oral cancer and you immediately posted about oral cancers being on the rise due to oral sex....? Are you telling me that your post was just a public service announcement to the perils of oral sex? No you didn't say how Kilmer got cancer, I just found it bizarre.
Man you are really overreacting. The most prominent thing I said was that Oral cancer is on the rise with men and given the posters here are predominantly male it's something to note. I never once said it was on the rise "due" to oral sex only that they are linked so stop putting words in my mouth.
Old 05-02-2017, 11:07 AM   #28
chummer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Man you are really overreacting. The most prominent thing I said was that Oral cancer is on the rise with men and given the posters here are predominantly male it's something to note. I never once said it was on the rise "due" to oral sex only that they are linked so stop putting words in my mouth.

Think I'll leave that one alone.
chummer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chummer For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2017, 11:13 AM   #29
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chummer View Post
Think I'll leave that one alone.
Ditto

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 11:04 AM   #30
Displaced Flames fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thunderheart is a great little Kilmer movie too.