Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2016, 07:22 PM   #1
Fuzzy14
Backup Goalie

Exp:
Default Explosive Device Detonated at German Music Festival

Looks like a bomb was set off in a restaurant outside a German music festival in the city of Ansbach.

CNN:http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/24/world/...ast/index.html
The Guardian:https://www.theguardian.com/world/li...e-blast-latest

1 Dead, 12 injured so far.

Discuss.
Fuzzy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 07:28 PM   #2
Flashpoint
Not the 1 millionth post winnar

Exp:

Oh ffs. What is wrong with people?

Oilers give up a pick and a player to take on 5.5 mil."
-Bax
Flashpoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 07:29 PM   #3
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Definitely a Muslim, gotta be Islamic terrorism. 100%. How come moderate Muslims aren't speaking out against this attack? It's been minutes already.

You gotta think they are okay with it if this is the response, and from there we can reasonably conclude that we've got to start taking measures against them in North American that further outcast them which will surely lead to a reduction in radicalized individuals who pointed to being outcasted by society for the start of their radicalization

Last edited by jayswin; 07-24-2016 at 07:33 PM.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2016, 07:34 PM   #4
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

*goes to post*

*slowly backs out of thread*

####s getting ####ed up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PsYcNeT For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2016, 07:37 PM   #5
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Definitely a Muslim, gotta be Islamic terrorism. 100%. How come moderate Muslims aren't speaking out against this attack? It's been minutes already.

You gotta think they are okay with it if this is the response, and from there we can reasonably conclude that we've got to start taking measures against them in North American that further outcast them which will surely lead to a reduction in radicalized individuals who pointed to being outcasted by society for the start of their radicalization
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2016, 07:38 PM   #6
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:

Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2016, 07:42 PM   #7
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

I see T@T hacked jayswin's account.
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 07:50 PM   #8
jayswin

Exp:

Was the last paragraph not obvious enough?
Old 07-24-2016, 08:02 PM   #9
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

That's probably one of the most obvious green texts posted in awhile. People radar's are a bit off today.
Joborule is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Joborule For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2016, 08:13 PM   #10
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh I got it, it's just that the stance is silly.

Lots of recent event lately lead to assuming Islamic terrorism when someone blows themselves up in a crowd as being quite reasonable.
Old 07-24-2016, 08:15 PM   #11
jayswin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
Oh I got it, it's just that the stance is silly.
What stance? That people jump to conclusions too early whenever there's a violent attack in the world? How is that silly when it's exactly what happens every time?
Old 07-24-2016, 08:15 PM   #12
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
What stance? That people jump to conclusions too early whenever there's a violent attack in the world?
Honestly, if it's not your assumption after recent events I'd have to legitimately question your intelligence.

It doesn't necessarily make the assumption right, but the assumption itself is quite fine.
Old 07-24-2016, 08:17 PM   #13
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
What stance? That people jump to conclusions too early whenever there's a violent attack in the world? How is that silly when it's exactly what happens every time?
Well thanks for preemptively ruining the thread instead of letting it happen naturally.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 08:19 PM   #14
jayswin

Exp:

Quote:
Honestly, if it's not your assumption after recent events I'd have to legitimately question your intelligence.
Well don't bother questioning my intelligence, because it has to do with not jumping to conclusions until the facts are out, not that I don't believe there's a lot of Ismlamic terror attacks. Don't be an ass.

If 8 out of 10 violent attacks on the news end up being Islamic terrorism, I think it's stupid to start pointing to and assuming it's Islamic terrorism 10 out of 10 times.

Is that such a crazy, unintelligent rationale? What a hysteric population we're turning into. Well, a combination of hysteria and everyone wanting to be the first to know and share everything on social media.
Old 07-24-2016, 08:22 PM   #15
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Well don't bother questioning my intelligence, because it has to do with not jumping to conclusions until the facts are out, not that I don't believe there's a lot of Ismlamic terror attacks. Don't be an ass.

If 8 out of 10 violent attacks on the news end up being Islamic terrorism, I think it's stupid to start pointing to and assuming it's Islamic terrorism 10 out of 10 times.

Is that such a crazy, unintelligent rationale? What a hysteric population we're turning into. Well, a combination of hysteria and everyone wanting to be the first to know and share everything on social media.
You're suggesting that an assumption is inherently negative and that's not necessarily the case.

If I hear about some car crossing the meridian and hitting another car going the wrong direction, I assume it's a drunk driver. It may be a medical emergency, but most of the time it's actually ends up being a drunk driver.

Assuming that an event has the same cause as other similar events in recent days is absolutely normal. And unfortunately, recently, usually correct. Mocking people because they're judging based on a ton of recent events is pretty pompous
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2016, 08:23 PM   #16
jayswin

Exp:

It reminds me of the numerous bloggers and internet political shows that were gushing over Canadian coverage of the Parlimant shootings, compared to American coverage.

So many non traditional media and bloggers in the States were just blown away after shlowing clips of Peter Mansbridge filling airtime that's normally reserved in the States for "OMG, we're hearing that maybe..." "Wait, does anyone think it could be!!!" with a very monotone and professional "Okay, we're hearing lots of rumors and we're doing our best not to let those go to air, we're just watching this like you are and will get facts out as their vetted".

Last edited by jayswin; 07-24-2016 at 08:25 PM.
Old 07-24-2016, 08:30 PM   #17
jayswin

Exp:

Quote:
You're suggesting that an assumption is inherently negative and that's not necessarily the case.

If I hear about some car crossing the meridian and hitting another car going the wrong direction, I assume it's a drunk driver. It may be a medical emergency, but most of the time it's actually ends up being a drunk driver.

Assuming that an event has the same cause as other similar events in recent days is absolutely normal. And unfortunately, recently, usually correct. Mocking people because they're judging based on a ton of recent events is pretty pompous
I actually do feel that the assumption is inherently negative, yes. If the western world was able to properly separate Ismalic terrorists from moderate or even more hardcore Muslims, than it wouldn't be an issue.

But unfortunately as a society we apparently can't do that. I mean just look at T@T, and we know he scarily represents a significant portion of the population in the US. His "This is Islamic terrorism!!" turns to hate and disrespect towards Muslims almost instantly.

Other than that I just think jumping to conclusions on major events is silly. It may very well be, but just let the facts come out.
Old 07-24-2016, 08:33 PM   #18
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well no one is preventing facts from coming out. However people can take past events, recent events, the method of this and make a pretty educated assumption. It's not like some dude stabbed his girlfriend to death and people are assuming Islamic terrorism here. Making that assumption has zero bearing on your follow up sentence on separating the groups. Assuming an individual act is Islamic terrorism isn't making a blanket statement about Muslims.
Old 07-24-2016, 08:34 PM   #19
Zevo
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

What's the point of a post like this other than to start a giant bitchfest...good job.
Zevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 08:38 PM   #20
jayswin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevo View Post
What's the point of a post like this other than to start a giant bitchfest...good job.
I went full Psycnet. You're not supposed to go full Psycnet.
The Following User Says Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post: