Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 07-22-2017, 09:51 AM   #821
Braden
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poe969 View Post
If Iggy returns, how will that make Jankowski feel? Was the Jankowski pick a good one and how did Iggy feel when the Flames picked Jankowski?

Jankowski!
Not sure the relation here, flames picked Morgan Klimchuk with the first they got from the Iginla trade
Old 07-22-2017, 09:54 AM   #822
Cgycowboy
Backup Goalie

Exp:

I like Jankowski. When should we trade him though. What will hIs bridge contract look like. Let's trade him for duchene

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk
Old 07-22-2017, 10:33 AM   #823
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
If Iggy returns, how will that make Jankowski feel? Was the Jankowski pick a good one and how did Iggy feel when the Flames picked Jankowski?

Jankowski!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden View Post
Not sure the relation here, flames picked Morgan Klimchuk with the first they got from the Iginla trade

You're new here, you'll get the memes in time.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2017, 10:43 AM   #824
The Fonz
Our Jessica Fletcher

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post

You're new here, you'll get the memes in time.
How we know when a new join date, is actually a new member.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Fonz For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2017, 10:59 AM   #825
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fonz View Post
How we know when a new join date, is actually a new member.
It's becoming increasingly rare too. Most of the new members seem to post like they've been here for years, indicating that they're returning posters who were previously banned. It's a dead giveaway when they're confrontational to other posters immediately as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2017, 02:37 PM   #826
Lanny'sDaMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
It's becoming increasingly rare too. Most of the new members seem to post like they've been here for years, indicating that they're returning posters who were previously banned. It's a dead giveaway when they're confrontational to other posters immediately as well.
When I first started posting LannyMcDonald (the poster) was still prolific and people kept mixing him and I up. I would be getting mean PMs and people jumping on me thanks to garbage he had spewed. That was fun hahahahaha
Old 07-22-2017, 04:12 PM   #827
1qqaaz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I would also add that most new members probably lurked for awhile before signing up.

Probably for the better that way anyways.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 1qqaaz For This Useful Post:
Old 07-23-2017, 12:38 AM   #828
SmoggyFlamesFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1qqaaz View Post
I would also add that most new members probably lurked for awhile before signing up.

Probably for the better that way anyways.
This is true in my case. I was still a lurker even for a little while AFTER signing up. CP has started to develop in own sense of etiquette. It is unwise to disrupt said etiquette.

Last edited by SmoggyFlamesFan; 07-24-2017 at 09:42 AM.
Old 07-23-2017, 02:22 AM   #829
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoggyFlamesFan View Post
This is true in my case. I was still a lurker even for a little while AFTWR signing up. CP has started to develop in own sense of etiquette. It is unwise to disrupt said etiquette.
Really? I had no idea.

The Following User Says Thank You to TheScorpion For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2017, 09:45 AM   #830
SmoggyFlamesFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
Really? I had no idea.
Clearly, also its own sense of sarcasm as well.
Old 07-24-2017, 10:24 AM   #831
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

Well, you know what they say... "Sarcasm isn't just a seventeen-letter word for asparagus."
Old 07-26-2017, 11:59 AM   #832
jlh2640
First Line Centre

Exp:

Add this to all the garbage speculation, I Talked to a original season ticket holder on a flight yesterday. Says he golfed with Iginla 2 weeks back. He chatted briefly about this season and says Jarome is unsure if he will even play this year at all. He told me that Jarome is open to coming back to Calgary but stated "Some people higher up are still upset with how left". (his words not Jarome's I assume ) So unless he full of it which he could be, there may be some traction to that. I am starting to think until Bennett is signed we wont hear anything anyways.
Old 07-26-2017, 12:24 PM   #833
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I could definitely see the higher ups (King and ownership) still being sour with Iginla from the trade.

I think they took it on good faith when they asked him if he'd waive his NMC and he said he would for LA, Chicago, Pittsburgh and Boston. They get a deal they like done with Boston only to have him basically narrow his list down to only Pittsburgh at the last minute. Made the Flames organization look pretty bad. Especially since the trade to Boston had already been leaked.
The Following User Says Thank You to Roof-Daddy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2017, 12:34 PM   #834
mrdonkey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
I could definitely see the higher ups (King and ownership) still being sour with Iginla from the trade.

I think they took it on good faith when they asked him if he'd waive his NMC and he said he would for LA, Chicago, Pittsburgh and Boston. They get a deal they like done with Boston only to have him basically narrow his list down to only Pittsburgh at the last minute. Made the Flames organization look pretty bad. Especially since the trade to Boston had already been leaked.
If this is the rationale, I really don't get it. Maybe at the time the Pittsburgh deal seemed worse, but is 29th+Khoklachev+Bartkowski (who ended up here anyway, mind you) really any different than 28th+Hanowski+Agostino?

They were both stinky deals because management waited too long (and, you know, Feaster had no idea how to negotiate a trade). No harm at all was done to the franchise as a result of Iginla nixing the Boston deal. If fans can accept this and move on I have to think management would as well.
Old 07-26-2017, 12:39 PM   #835
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdonkey View Post
If this is the rationale, I really don't get it. Maybe at the time the Pittsburgh deal seemed worse, but is 29th+Khoklachev+Bartkowski (who ended up here anyway, mind you) really any different than 28th+Hanowski+Agostino?

They were both stinky deals because management waited too long (and, you know, Feaster had no idea how to negotiate a trade). No harm at all was done to the franchise as a result of Iginla nixing the Boston deal. If fans can accept this and move on I have to think management would as well.
IMO, it has nothing to do with the return of the trades.

It would be because he said he'd waive for those 4 teams, but then didn't do what he said he'd do when push came to shove, and the result was making the Flames organization look like a total clown show because they trusted him enough not to get his list in writing and signed off on.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Roof-Daddy For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2017, 12:39 PM   #836
GranteedEV
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Jankowski!
I think Iggy knew he had his future first line center in ten years. What he didn't know was that he wouldn't be Flames #1RW at age 45. Too bad, 2022 planned lineup:

Baertschi-Jankowski-Iginla
Tanguay-ROR-Cammalleri
Cervenka-Backlund-Ferland
Gaudreau-Granlund-McGrattan

Sieloff-Brodie
Wotherspoon-Wideman
Culkin-Kulak

Berra
Gillies

"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy it find glory."

Last edited by GranteedEV; 07-26-2017 at 12:46 PM.
Old 07-26-2017, 12:47 PM   #837
mrdonkey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
IMO, it has nothing to do with the return of the trades.

It would be because he said he'd waive for those 4 teams, but then didn't do what he said he'd do when push came to shove, and the result was making the Flames organization look like a total clown show because they trusted him enough not to get his list in writing and signed off on.
The Flames organization at that time *was* a clown show, but it sure wasn't because of Iginla. It was because Jay Feaster was a terrible, blundering excuse for a GM and ownership was meddling with team affairs. Everything the Flames touched was a laughingstock. If Feaster was even halfway competent he would have gotten that list in writing from day one.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrdonkey For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2017, 12:54 PM   #838
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

I remember the day after the trade Ken King was on Prime Time Sports and in an interview got pressed by the host to admit they made a mistake not getting Iggy tonsign off on his 4 team list prior to the trade. I feel that day was filled with various somewhat embarrassing interviews from Flames management that could leave a sour taste in their mouth regarding an Iginla return.
Old 07-26-2017, 12:54 PM   #839
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The Flames organization at that time *was* a clown show, but it sure wasn't because of Iginla. It was because Jay Feaster was a terrible, blundering excuse for a GM and ownership was meddling with team affairs. Everything the Flames touched was a laughingstock. If Feaster was even halfway competent he would have gotten that list in writing from day one.
everything? who drafted Jankowski, gaudreau and monahan?
Old 07-26-2017, 12:58 PM   #840
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

That has nothing to do with my original point.

Someone mentioned that he'd heard the higher ups in the Flames org might still be bitter about his exit, and I explained why I can see that being a possibility.

I don't really give a #### about Feaster, or what kind if a manager he was/wasn't anymore.

If Iginla said he'd be willing to go any of those 4 teams but then changed his mind after a deal had been agreed to then it was a dick move on his part, and certainly grounds for some lingering bitterness.

That whole ordeal was embarrassing.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Roof-Daddy For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread