Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2017, 08:19 PM   #1101
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsuffering View Post
As some have noted there are also fat golfers! Oh the humanity! There are also plenty of mobility issues that aren't apparent from simply looking - bad hip, knee, etc.
That may have been me, and I apologize to any overweight people who took offence, but,,,,

1. They had an about 13 year old kid, about 4'6" that weighed about 225 lbs and that pisses me off. That's the conservative credo of parents should be able to raise their kids however they see fit, but I disagree.

2. They were already over 1/2 hour behind, like 3 or 4 holes on a Sunday morning, and stopped for 15 minutes to quaff down some hotdogs, let the people behind them putt out on 9, and then they go to 10, just as the people on 9 pull up to them.

That's just ignorant, overweight or not.

Golfing is like driving, if you can't keep up to the people in front of you, pull tf over and let people by.

I should also point out, That I play at an above intermediate course, and if not good golfers come out, at least keep the pace, and never come back.

Last edited by DuffMan; 05-26-2017 at 08:22 PM.
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DuffMan For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2017, 08:24 PM   #1102
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Amen.
Old 05-27-2017, 08:07 AM   #1103
Roughneck
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

If it takes the group behind 15 minutes to hit their approach shots and putt out I'm not sure the first group are solely at fault for slow play on the course.
Roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 08:15 AM   #1104
EverfresH15
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsuffering View Post
There are sure a lot of high strung, tense and anxious golfers here. It seems like half the forum can't enjoy the game unless it's played in less than 4 hours. Remember, you're out there to have fun.

What no one here has acknowledged that some golfers have mobility issues. I have had 2 major surgeries and am forced to use a cart with a handicap flag (believe me, that is hard for one's ego to accept).

As some have noted there are also fat golfers! Oh the humanity! There are also plenty of mobility issues that aren't apparent from simply looking - bad hip, knee, etc.

If you're golfing on a nice sunny day and the pace of play is slow, just enjoy being out with your friends.

Your worst day on the golf course is better than your best day in the office
I dont think it is being anxious, its trying to get in a good rhythm and cut down on a sport that takes too long to begin with.Tough to do that when you stand around for 20mins a hole. Played yesterday at River Spirit at 408 and was in the car at 640, was fantastic.

Who cares that those people were fat, could have been skinny people and still done that ####### move of dicking around and then getting a hotdog while already late. Dont have time for any of that, just ignorant.

Tell your ego to shut it and enjoy that blue flag. I wish i would get one of those.

I couldnt agree more with your last two sentences as i love every minute i am out on the course. Beers, music, views and laughs. Just wish my score would show me some love every now and then.
EverfresH15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 03:59 AM   #1105
FragileMind
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Since slow play is being discussed here.Delacour.4:09 time.A twosome carting ahead of us,a foursome ahead of them.Nobody behind us.Stopped at the turn and drank 2 beer in the clubhouse.I told my 150lb long ball partner,that if we caught them again to hit into them.He put it thru 16 on his second shot while they were still on.No sign of the foursome ahead of them.
FragileMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 09:26 AM   #1106
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FragileMind View Post
Since slow play is being discussed here.Delacour.4:09 time.A twosome carting ahead of us,a foursome ahead of them.Nobody behind us.Stopped at the turn and drank 2 beer in the clubhouse.I told my 150lb long ball partner,that if we caught them again to hit into them.He put it thru 16 on his second shot while they were still on.No sign of the foursome ahead of them.
That's incredibly ****ty behavior. Go have a conversation first, brutal.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2017, 03:25 PM   #1107
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah that is insane and wreckless - you could seriously hurt someone. If that was me on the green I'd be tempted to tee it up and drive it right back your direction.

I wouldn't, of course. But someone might.
malcolmk14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to malcolmk14 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2017, 07:46 AM   #1108
Spuds_Buckley
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

New personal all-time best score for me on a par 72 course: shot an 81 at Boulder Creek from the blues. That was after pumping two into the water on 18, so I really could have broken 80 for the first time ever.

Pace of play was actually very good, but the mosquitos were horrendous.
Spuds_Buckley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 07:54 AM   #1109
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
As someone who's been hit by a golf ball, I can confidently say you and your friend are both idiots.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 08:03 AM   #1110
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Proper thing to do is to call the golf shop and let them know the status on the course. Let them do their job.
Lanny_McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 08:20 AM   #1111
Flabbibulin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Just to clarify- your start time was 4:09pm, or your round length was 4:09? Cause if it is the latter, what exactly is the problem?

I am not a fan of slow play by any means, but the issue has also become a bit of a shtick for many. Golf is not a quick game. If you don't like it, the best option is first tee at 6am.
Flabbibulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 10:01 AM   #1112
squiggs96
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
What do you have against the space bar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Jesus this site these days
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnet Flame View Post
He just seemed like a very nice person. I loved Squiggy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I should probably stop posting at this point
squiggs96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 10:50 AM   #1113
RussianSpy
Draft Pick

Will find myself in the Sundre area next weekend and was wondering which course I should play if I only have time for one, Sundre Golf Club or Coyote Creek?

Also, if your group is hitting up on people for fun, you are clowns. What a brutal way to handle that situation.
RussianSpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 10:51 AM   #1114
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianSpy View Post
Will find myself in the Sundre area next weekend and was wondering which course I should play if I only have time for one, Sundre Golf Club or Coyote Creek?

Also, if your group is hitting up on people for fun, you are clowns. What a brutal way to handle that situation.
I haven't played Sundre, but played Coyote creek last year and I thought it was great.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 10:54 AM   #1115
Zarley
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolmk14 View Post
Yeah that is insane and wreckless - you could seriously hurt someone. If that was me on the green I'd be tempted to tee it up and drive it right back your direction.

I wouldn't, of course. But someone might.
Zarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 10:54 AM   #1116
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I haven't played Coyote Creek, simply because I can't bear to play anything other than Sundre if I'm up that way. One of my favorite courses in Alberta.
Old 05-29-2017, 11:14 AM   #1117
Zarley
First Line Centre

Exp:

The pace of play issue is a tough one. When there are so many inconsiderate idiots out there wasting time between shots it's tough not to get frustrated. Six hour rounds are killing the game, no matter how much you love to be on the course I don't think anyone enjoys the sluggish pace that is common on public courses on the weekend. It's also difficult to stay focused on your game when you are waiting to hit every shot.
Zarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 11:15 AM   #1118
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Round #2 over the weekend, and much better than my first round last weekend. Still haven't been able to get to the range so I'm generally pretty happy with things so far.

Round 1 - shot a 105 at Riverside (Fairmont) with 7 lost balls () which is a few more than normal for me.

Round 2 - shot 94 at Beaverdam with a few liberties taken on the scorecard. Only lost 3 balls this time (about normal) and hit every fairway on the back nine, plus one of two greens on the par 3's. I've never hit the ball that well before in my life and it felt great. Approach shots were okay on the back nine as well (hit three GIR which is pretty good for me). Putting kind of let me down a little. 2 putted every hole which is basically my goal but I missed a few short ones.

Played round #2 in about 4 hours which is fine by me. My wife is learning the game as well so we certainly don't light up the pace, but that said we kept up with the threesome in front of us and probably would have been a little quicker if it weren't for them.

What a glorious weekend for golf (weatherwise).
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 11:20 AM   #1119
BurningYears
First Line Centre

Exp:

Things are just piling up for Mr. Woods.

Police: Tiger Woods Arrested in Florida for DUI

http://nypost.com/2017/05/29/tiger-w...ui-in-florida/
Old 05-29-2017, 11:25 AM   #1120
Flabbibulin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Sundre Golf Club! No question about it. Awesome course.
Flabbibulin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flabbibulin For This Useful Post:

Tags
net5 , punch out , royal boulder , tpc fox hollow