Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2017, 02:41 PM   #281
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

So sick of hearing how this a tragedy. Hernandez is the true definition of a gutless coward. There isn't anything tragic about him. He was a murdeous thug who took the easy way out.

You want tragic? How about the 22 vets who kill themselves every day? That's a tragedy. Not some piece of #### murderous thug.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Drake For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2017, 03:14 PM   #282
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Out of the two sports forums I frequent, this one is definitely being more reserved than the Saints one. Just a continuous stream of memes and puns poking fun at his suicide over there
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 04:26 PM   #283
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggy_12 View Post
Only saying that because of what I read today, that him and his lawyers were now persuing an acquittal of the other murder and were "optimistic" of their chances. No clue if that optimism is founded on anything but after hearing that, I felt like the timing seemed odd.

But I don't know nearly enough about any of this to really think that way other than just what I read today. So that's all the reasoning I've got.
Of course the lawyers were optimistic! They want to keep getting paid!
Jason14h is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jason14h For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2017, 06:23 PM   #284
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't follow football at all, but the story of this guy was intriguing. When the story came out of why this guy killed a few people, you realized that he's a hothead who didn't have the capability to control himself like normal people do. Call it bad upbringing or hanging around the bad crowd, but he was impulsive and a manipulator. During the trial I couldn't help but want the worst for him. But when you read details about some of the good things he did, and that he actually had a kid and commits suicide, it's all of a sudden not as black and white as it was 24 hours ago. To a huge degree it's a waste of talent and sad because he does leave a family behind. This isn't a sadist serial killer here - there is some gray to this story.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 06:43 PM   #285
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Sure there's some grey. "Former NFL star and convicted murderer commits suicide in jail" is the headline. The grey is if you say "oh that's too bad" or "good".

The eulogizing on ESPN and the such is garbage. Oh he successfully had a kid? Whoop Dee f'n Doo. Maybe he shouldn't have murdered someone in cold blood then.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ResAlien For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2017, 07:18 PM   #286
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

Where is the grey? He killed 1 guy for sure. He killed that guy to cover up the murder of 2 other people. He shot another guy in the face and stabbed someone while in prison .

Ohhhh but he had a kid and cried in court. There is no grey area . He is scum and good riddance.
Jason14h is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jason14h For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2017, 10:29 AM   #287
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

2017 schedule released and SI has a neat story of how the league comes up with it. Naturally the process is absolute overkill and thought out to the most minute detail but that is the NFL it seems.

What is interesting is that they use two different software scheduling programs/companies to help them come up with the schedule and one of them is based in Vernon B.C. So there you go.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/04/21/n...-roger-goodell
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lubicon For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2017, 10:43 AM   #288
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

My buddy is relocating to Houston later this year and we got excited when we heard that the Steelers were going to Houston next season. I was going to go down for that weekend to catch the game. Stupid NFL schedules the game for Christmas Day so that totally ruins our plans.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 01:24 PM   #289
MacDaddy77
First Line Centre

Exp:

So finally making the pilgrimage from YYC to Foxborough this year. Anyone on this forum have connections in Boston that I might be able to get hooked up with tickets for the October 1 game vs Panthers?

I'll be asking throughout the off season
MacDaddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 03:51 PM   #290
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Finally visiting the Superdome this year, was shooting for a night game for maximum craziness. Was just waiting for the sked so we could book it..so of course it's the first time I can remember the Saints having zero home night games. And vs Falcons at home on Jesusmas Eve?? C'mon man!!

Think we're gonna shoot for December 3 vs Carolina. Still gonna be awesome, I will jeer Cam until my throat is sore

Last edited by Sainters7; 04-21-2017 at 11:38 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sainters7 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-22-2017, 04:47 PM   #291
CofR
Olympic Guru

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
Think we're gonna shoot for December 3 vs Carolina. Still gonna be awesome, I will jeer Cam until my throat is sore
That should be a great game to be at. I'd love to go to New Orleans for a game. This year I'm going to Texas for Alabama-A&M on October 7th and Packers-Cowboys on the 8th.
CofR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CofR For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2017, 10:43 AM   #292
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone interested in joining a dynasty league? Have got one going for about 3-4 years now and a spot has opened up. It's just for fun, no money involved, although we do bring it up once in awhile, but a couple people aren't into paying.

It's only a 10 team league, I can't remember who's on the team that's available as ESPN is just doing their maintenance to get ready for next season. I'm pretty sure Rodgers is one of the QB's and it's a 2 QB league.

We usually do a 3 round rookie draft at the end of June, except this year we will be doing 5 rounds where you can draft either rookies or players available via FA

Looking back at the rookie draft last year and this team drafted Josh Doctson, Carson Wentz and Kenneth Dixon

Last edited by Hockey; 04-23-2017 at 10:46 AM.
Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 02:37 PM   #293
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

so it looks like AP is going to be a Saint.

Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet
Sources: #Saints & Adrian Peterson believed to be closing in on a deal that’d pay him $3M+ in ’17. Not done, but moving in that direction.

Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet
On Adrian Peterson: His expected salary from #Saints of $3.25M will be less than Mark Ingram makes in '17. NO is respectful of Ingram's role
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2017, 02:45 PM   #294
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

also..Bills decline to match Pats offer on RB Gillislie and Pats are saying they wont trade Garoppolo or Butler.
Amendola also took a pay cut giving the Pats another 4.75M to play with
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 06:02 PM   #295
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

AP seems like a really poor fit for the Saints. Can't block and can't catch passes, and the Saints like to use the RB a good amount in the passing game, nevermind Payton running a very complex scheme whereas AP is used to simple schemes. Makes sense for AP since this was probably the best offer he'll get money wise. Definitely like the Pats getting Gillislee way more, much better signing.
Old 04-24-2017, 07:38 PM   #296
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah the Butler deal sounds just about dead in the water. There's still talk, but it sounds like working out compensation isn't going very well. I don't think the Saints want to give back that #32 pick they got for Cooks. Especially in a deep draft for DE and CB, which they badly need both.

As for Peterson, Saints first game of the season: @ Vikings, MNF. Just sayin..

Last edited by Sainters7; 04-24-2017 at 07:41 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sainters7 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2017, 02:06 PM   #297
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Steelers' WR Martavis Bryant reinstated.

ahead of the draft, too. Thank god!
Old 04-26-2017, 01:56 PM   #298
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lynch to the Raiders is done.

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Raiders receive Marshawn Lynch and a sixth-round draft choice in 2018 in exchange for Oakland's fifth-round selection in 2018 NFL Draft.

Jordan Schultz‏ @Schultz_Report
Marshawn Lynch's two-year deal w/the #Raiders has a base value of $9M w/opportunity to earn up to $16.5M (7.5 in incentives), per sources.
Old 04-26-2017, 04:38 PM   #299
Displaced Flames fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Marshawn is hilarious.

Old 04-26-2017, 05:04 PM   #300
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Stunned to see ESPN lay off Trent Dilfer and Ed Werder today....must be really cutting back on some of their NFL filler shows.