Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2024, 11:04 AM   #1
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default The 2024 Flames Roster vs the Record books.

I have always been interested in how current roster players stack up against the franchise greats. Though it is old news now, Lindholm leaving the Flames is another historic player who has left the team. He finished his time with the Flames at 22nd in Points and 33rd in games played an impressive feat considering 597 skaters have laced em up for the Flames. I think that there is no doubt that Lindholm will be remembered as one of the great players to play for the Flames. With Lindholm gone,* The Flames only have 4 players who are climbing the franchise charts.

Hanifin’s 185 points as a Flames makes him 52nd in Franchise history. But is that enough to make him an all time great? His point totals with the Flames are more than players like Regehr, Risebrough, and Mike Cammalleri. When you look at his 411 (and counting appearances) you’ll notice he’s played more games for the Flames than Phaneuf, Sarich and Langkow. I think that if he re-signs there is no doubt he will be remembered as one of the greatest D men for the Flames. Though he is not quite at legendary status today.

Andersson is 2 places and 4 points a head of Hanifin leaving him at 50th in points playing for the Flames. He is also believe it or not, one point from passing Stajan ( 190). When we look at Tenure Andersson’s 425 Games with the Flames puts him on track to pass Lanny McDonald and Craig Conroy by the end of next season, there is a good chance he will have played more games for the Flames than Niewendyk and Roberts by the time his contract is over. To me this is no question. History will remember Andersson fondly.

Andrew Mangiapane is a fan favorite. But how will he be remembered by the Franchise. With a year left on this contract it is difficult to say where he will land on the all time list. He has at moments driven offense and at others look ineffective. Right now he sits at 43rd with 204 points for the Flames. More than Hudler, more than Cammalleri though he still has a lot of ground to climb past German Titov who only sits at 40th.

Backlund's a no Brainer. Backlund is a quintessential Flame. Though he does not have the playoff success to back up his resume. The 2nd all time Flames for games played, and 9th in all time points. The Captian will Join an elite group of players remembered as all time great Flames.

Finally, I’d like to talk about another player who has left a mark on this franchise. Jakob Markstrom sits 5th all time in wins as a Flame ( and one game from winning 100). This feat is especially impressive given that he has only played 196 games with the team. He should be remembered as one of the best goalies to play for the Flames having stopped 4914 shots in 4 seasons. I think this will be even more the case if he is allowed to finish his contract with the team.

*For refence Tkachuk is 21st in Points for the Flames, Monahan is 12th and Guadreau is 5th all time.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2024, 11:07 AM   #2
Samonadreau
Franchise Player

Exp:

Dmen need to get compared to other dmen i think for points.
Samonadreau is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 11:08 AM   #3
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samonadreau View Post
Lots will be out of context Camelarri played many few games than those players I listed.

Last edited by TheIronMaiden; 02-12-2024 at 11:19 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2024, 11:18 AM   #4
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samonadreau View Post
Franchise points as Dmen

Al MacInnis 882 points
Gary Suter 564 points
Mark Giordana 509 points
Paul Reinhart 445 points
T.J. Brodie 266 Points
Jamie Macoun 246 points
Phil Housley 238 Points
Dion Phaneuf 228
Rasmus Andersson 189
Noah Hanifin 185
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheIronMaiden For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2024, 11:50 AM   #5
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hanifin and Andersson are 14 and 15 in PPG out of Flames Dmen. But if you cut out guys ahead of them who played less than 300 games for Calgary (one being Weegar, others being Wideman, Hamilton, Pekka R and Hamrlik) and ) they jump up 6 spots each.

Personally, I'd put them somewhere around Macoun right now as far as the list of all-time Flames Dmen are concerned. Ahead would be Macinnis, Suter, Reinhart, Gio, and Regehr. Brodie is around that level as well.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GioforPM For This Useful Post: