Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2009, 08:05 PM   #61
ChuckieNZ
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by koop View Post
..... so what exactly do you mean by "people take things a little too seriously"? I like playing with Igitang too, but IMO he is the first guy I would think of when talking about guys who take things too seriously.
So, if Igitang is first, am I second?
ChuckieNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 08:36 PM   #62
koop
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckieNZ View Post
So, if Igitang is first, am I second?
Well it's honestly not something that bothers me, but I'm just trying to understand how you could be cool with Igitang (nothing wrong with that, you could even put me in that group), but think there are others who take things too seriously. Basically if it was me who was annoying people because I occasionally critique on positioning and joke about KIK's stone hands, I would want to know. I don't want to be someone that no one wants to play with because they think I take it too seriously.
koop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 10:47 PM   #63
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

^^^i don't get bothered by that, because I can tell you generally are half-joking, and you still have a sense of the game as being fun, which is what matters most. I don't mind taking a ribbing every once in a while from guys like you and Dobbles and Chuck. Often your criticism is justified.

Igitang goes into swearing fits which is a bit much IMO. Pro EASHL or casual, it's still only a video game. Igitang is skilled, and a valuble team member, but he needs to take a deep breath every once in a while.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:36 AM   #64
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Just to clarify for future reference:

I talk a lot of bullspit, and I don't mean any of it. Unless I say give me the pil, and in that case, give me the goddamned pil!
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:52 AM   #65
lanevosky
Farm Team Player

Exp:

I don't mind some of us getting a bit serious about the game. Sometime it's good to get some feedback so i can improve my game.
lanevosky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:58 AM   #66
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post
Just to clarify for future reference:

I talk a lot of bullspit, and I don't mean any of it.
It's OK. We all know you're just a flash in the pan when it comes to Nhl skill!
Old 08-20-2009, 09:21 AM   #67
flamestalker
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipper is King View Post
^^^i don't get bothered by that, because I can tell you generally are half-joking, and you still have a sense of the game as being fun, which is what matters most. I don't mind taking a ribbing every once in a while from guys like you and Dobbles and Chuck. Often your criticism is justified.

Igitang goes into swearing fits which is a bit much IMO. Pro EASHL or casual, it's still only a video game. Igitang is skilled, and a valuble team member, but he needs to take a deep breath every once in a while.
I think we should all take a step back and put him on a waiting list for the team.
flamestalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:35 AM   #68
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

i would like to defend igitang. i actually enjoyed playing with him. once he finally got his mic he was fun to talk to during games. sure he criticized others play, but we pretty much all have. and i curse like a sailor myself, so hopefully thats not an issue.

seriously though, i think thats going to have to be the divide between the 2 teams. if you want to be on the pro team you have to be able to take criticism about your game and work on it. because i think if that doesn't happen it makes things worse. because with the competitive nature of things, if people feel someone is bringing the team down, there will start to be anger and resentment. so i think being able to openly talk about things is important. that's why i started the discussion about using the point more. because i know for me, i feel like that was a weakness and made the game less fun for the people on D. obviously there's 2 sides to the issue, but having that discussion is imperative.
This individual is not affluent and more of a member of that shrinking middle class. It is likely the individual does not have a high paying job, is limited on benefits, and has to make due with those benefits provided by employer.
dobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:45 AM   #69
Human Torch
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I have no idea where this stuff about igitang being too serious came from? I haven't noticed that at all when we play together.
Human Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:47 AM   #70
Wood
First Line Centre

Exp:

I love it when people tell he what I need to work on and what I need to do/ not do. I'm the newest member of the Fata's and have been playing with you guys for the shortest amount of time so it helps when guys like Human Torch/merc, flamestalker and jobo tell what I'm doing wrong so I can get better for NHL 10.
Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:56 AM   #71
Human Torch
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood View Post
I love it when people tell he what I need to work on and what I need to do/ not do. I'm the newest member of the Fata's and have been playing with you guys for the shortest amount of time so it helps when guys like Human Torch/merc, flamestalker and jobo tell what I'm doing wrong so I can get better for NHL 10.
The only real problem I saw was your inability to one time cross crease passes. Seems fixed now that your lag is gone.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:00 AM   #72
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Constructive criticism is a must if wewant to be successful.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:09 AM   #73
flamestalker
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Torch View Post
I have no idea where this stuff about igitang being too serious came from? I haven't noticed that at all when we play together.
To be perfectly honest, I feel that igi was only like that during the beginning when we sucked big time. When he came back a few days ago, he hasn't really nagged anyone. That means everyone got better
flamestalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:15 AM   #74
CMPunk
aka Spike

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamestalker View Post
To be perfectly honest, I feel that igi was only like that during the beginning when we sucked big time. When he came back a few days ago, he hasn't really nagged anyone. That means everyone got better
No, you haven't gotten better Stalker
CMPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:15 AM   #75
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

That is pretty much it.

KiK and I would take terrible penalties etc and Igi would get mad. I never thought he was too serious though, just high expectations.

Now I am much better and it isn't an issue, no matter what that jerkface dobbles says.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:17 AM   #76
CMPunk
aka Spike

Exp:

Quote:
That is pretty much it.

KiK and I would take terrible penalties etc and Igi would get mad. I never thought he was too serious though, just high expectations.

Now I am much better and it isn't an issue, no matter what that jerkface dobbles says.
Pft if you had any skill, you woulda played with us last night instead of hiding
Old 08-20-2009, 10:24 AM   #77
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMPunk View Post
Pft if you had any skill, you woulda played with us last night instead of hiding
You are obviously not married.
Old 08-20-2009, 10:30 AM   #78
CMPunk
aka Spike

Exp:

Quote:
You are obviously not married.
Actually I will be in 9 days...and yes she lives with me
Old 08-20-2009, 10:32 AM   #79
Cliche
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Torch View Post

Some of the initial eashl teamplay games featured some friction over the chat. Long familiarity will lessen the heat of the words.

There was also the consideration that as the season wore on, there was a standard of skill needed to get wins as well, and the ability of the team to absorb losses as players grew in familiarity with what goes on in EASHL kind of rose as well. (Although it was great to finally get to .500 around the thousand club game mark)

Really I stopped playing after you mentioned the fighting glitch... as all that left was doing the dangle, which was no way to get out the aggro.

The only reason why I ask for a month of pro play is to see if I can help contribute to obtaining a monthly tourney trophy (which was one of the things that was mentioned to be done with EASHL)

Last edited by Cliche; 08-20-2009 at 01:28 PM.
Cliche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:42 AM   #80
Human Torch
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliche View Post
Really I stopped playing after you mentioned the fighting glitch... as all that left was doing the dangle, which was no way to get out the aggro.
Just so it's clear I found that out on my own. I stopped using it once everyone knew about it.

Tags
eashl , kik cherry picks , nhl 10 , ps3