Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2013, 08:08 PM   #1461
moon
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
Ok, so pretend you are 1 out of 10 MMA skilled instead of 3rd degree brown belt, now how easy?
Very
moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:09 PM   #1462
puckluck2
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Damn if I was allowed to shoot someone for everytime I was at the bottom in a fight I just might be the biggest serial killer in Canada.
puckluck2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to puckluck2 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2013, 08:11 PM   #1463
Nage Waza
Offered up a bag of cans for a custom user title

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
It's quite easy, actually. Since the gun would be around my belt range, it's a very small number of moves to grab my gun, point it "upwards" and squeeze the trigger. No aim required, even. Just get it clear of the holster and point it up. I doubt that Zimmerman was aiming for anything. I think he just managed to hit the heart.

Of course, being a 3rd degree brown belt in Kempo, my opinion might be a bit biased.
I always wanted to take Kempo...I took Kung Fu instead. Much better wrestler than striker.
Nage Waza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:12 PM   #1464
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Ok, so pretend you are 1 out of 10 MMA skilled instead of 3rd degree brown belt, now how easy?
Still very easy. With someone sitting on your hips (which is where you should be sitting, if you are doing a GnP) the person being sat on would have full access to anything holstered at the waist.

However he got there, I can quite easily picture a very scared and thus adrenalized Zimmerman getting his hands on his gun. GnP doesn't do much to an opponents arms. He gets his hand on the grip, the gun only has to clear 8-9 inches of holster, and then it's pointed up and fired without aiming. This is something that I feel that ANYONE could do if their arms were not immobilized and without much presence of mind. I don't see it being that hard to get at something strapped to one's waist while they are being sat on in that style.

Once Zimmerman had the gun in hand, it would only take a second or two to point (not aim, just point) the gun upward and squeeze the trigger.

I do not think that Zimmerman maliciously killed Martin. I think it was a tragic set of circumstances that could have been avoided at several stages at several points in all of the encounters, and wasn't.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:12 PM   #1465
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nage Waza View Post
I doubt Martin was on his chest, more likely his lower abdomen, like what you would typically see in the UFC. You don't want to sit on someone's chest, that is too high up and somewhat harder land punches while easier for the guy at bottom to reach around your body and hold you closer.

And since he was most likely on the abdomen, a gun in the hand of the person being mounted would easily point up and through the chest area.
For someone who's calling out anyone who makes assumptions in this case, you sure aren't afraid to make them yourself.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:15 PM   #1466
jayswin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
Still very easy. With someone sitting on your hips (which is where you should be sitting, if you are doing a GnP) the person being sat on would have full access to anything holstered at the waist.

However he got there, I can quite easily picture a very scared and thus adrenalized Zimmerman getting his hands on his gun. GnP doesn't do much to an opponents arms. He gets his hand on the grip, the gun only has to clear 8-9 inches of holster, and then it's pointed up and fired without aiming. This is something that I feel that ANYONE could do if their arms were not immobilized and without much presence of mind. I don't see it being that hard to get at something strapped to one's waist while they are being sat on in that style.

Once Zimmerman had the gun in hand, it would only take a second or two to point (not aim, just point) the gun upward and squeeze the trigger.

I do not think that Zimmerman maliciously killed Martin. I think it was a tragic set of circumstances that could have been avoided at several stages at several points in all of the encounters, and wasn't.
Again, you just went through like eight perfectly set out motions and then based your conclusion on it.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:19 PM   #1467
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Sounds easy, now have a thug kid sit on your chest and ground and pound you, and then see how easy it is.
You have absolutely no clue what your talking about. Go back and look at the trial where the prosecution and then defense did the recreation in the court room using a dummy as Martin when the police investigator was on the stand.

Martin was not on Zimmerman's chest as was testified by the cop Martin's thigh was over Zimmerman's waist the gun was under Martin's left thigh. Zimmerman was in a leg pinning position and leaning over Martin throwing punches.

BTW if you've ever been in a fight, its incredibly hard to sit on someones chest and throw a face punch straight down with any power. You pin on the abs, or waist or even the upper thighs and use your leverage to provide punching power.

Quit making stuff up to prove your theories you're starting to look incredibly foolish.

Martin's thigh was over the gun. Zimmerman reached under the thigh during the struggle pulled out the gun and levered it upwards for a natural chest shot. Its on the record in the testimony if you actually want to do some of your own research.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:19 PM   #1468
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameswin View Post
Again, you just went through like eight perfectly set out motions and then based your conclusion on it.
Would you prefer I come over and demonstrate it? It is always harder to explain something with words than show with actions.

I do not believe that it is difficult to grab something at your waist with someone sitting on you, point that something up and pull a trigger. It's not a complex set of actions or sequence at all.

And what 'conclusion' was reached? That it's a viable thing that can happen? I am not saying that it IS what happened. I'm saying that I can very easily see it happening.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:21 PM   #1469
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
For someone who's calling out anyone who makes assumptions in this case, you sure aren't afraid to make them yourself.
Its not an assumption it was recreated during the trial by both the prosecution and defense using a dummy when the police investigator on the stand.

The Prosecution even asked where the gun was, the reply was under Martin's left thigh. He was not sitting on his chest. His butt was south of the waist.The defense even illustrated that Martin would have had a lean over position to throw natural head shots and to be able to easily grab Martin by the head and smack him into the ground.

Old 07-22-2013, 08:21 PM   #1470
Nage Waza

Exp:

Quote:
I call people out when they say Zimmerman was a racist despite there being no evidence. I also call people out when suggesting something that is simply not true (for example, Zimmerman did not call police, police did not perform an investigation).

There is lots of reasonable speculation in this thread on both sides, nothing wrong with that.

Outright lies and fabrications are completely different.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:21 PM   #1471
jayswin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Its not an assumption it was recreated during the trial by both the prosecution and defense using a dummy when the police investigator on the stand.

The Prosecution even asked where the gun was, the reply was under Martin's left thigh. He was not sitting on his chest. His butt was south of the waist.
Recreated based on Zimmerman's account?

Honest question, I didn't follow the trial.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:23 PM   #1472
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well hello how easy would it be...

http://strata-sphere.com/blog/index.php/archives/19654
Old 07-22-2013, 08:23 PM   #1473
jayswin

Exp:

Quote:
. I also call people out when suggesting something that is simply not true (for example, Zimmerman did not call police, police did not perform an investigation).
Wait, Zimmerman did not call police? Again, honest question, as I thought he had called police and they told him to stop following or something?
Old 07-22-2013, 08:23 PM   #1474
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
That's okay, seems to be a pattern with those who call him a murderer.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:24 PM   #1475
Ark2
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
You have absolutely no clue what your talking about. Go back and look at the trial where the prosecution and then defense did the recreation in the court room using a dummy as Martin when the police investigator was on the stand.
Go back and look at the trial? Duffman doesn't do that. Judging by his posts, I don't think he has looked at one piece of evidence presented in this case. I'm pretty sure he has just pieced this whole thing together by reading NBC headlines.
Ark2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ark2 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2013, 08:24 PM   #1476
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I call people out when they say Zimmerman was a racist despite there being no evidence. I also call people out when suggesting something that is simply not true (for example, Zimmerman did not call police, police did not perform an investigation).

There is lots of reasonable speculation in this thread on both sides, nothing wrong with that.

Outright lies and fabrications are completely different.
Or when people say TM attacked Z?
Old 07-22-2013, 08:25 PM   #1477
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Recreated based on Zimmerman's account?

Recreation based on forensics and recreation, Zimmerman's testimony. It explained the angle of the shot as well.

It makes sense, if you ever pinned your opponent during a scrap the only thing you can do to an opponent if your sitting on his chest is pretty much spit a loogy in their face. You have 0 punching power.

If you sit back over the thighs, you can lean over your opponent and throw really stiff punches.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-22-2013, 08:28 PM   #1478
Nage Waza

Exp:

Quote:
Wait, Zimmerman did not call police? Again, honest question, as I thought he had called police and they told him to stop following or something?
Sorry, I meant to say I jump in when people repeat the lies, lies like saying Zimmerman did not call police. I probably wasn't clear. I do lots of typing with a dog, kid or wife on me.

Zimmerman did call the police.
Old 07-22-2013, 08:32 PM   #1479
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
An article with statements like estimated, and things like well he assumed the trajectory of the bullet by reading the autopsy report.

You really are the Mikey the Redneck of the thread.

Its pretty much no better then what your doing in this thread.

Old 07-22-2013, 10:56 PM   #1480
Shawnski
CP's Resident DJ

Exp:

For those wondering how this would play out if the roles (races) were reversed, well, this is damn close:

Quote:
Roderick Scott, an African American man, shot and killed Christopher Cervini, a 17-year-old white youth, in 2009.

Scott faced a charge of first-degree manslaughter, and claimed he shot the teen in self defense.

Scott was subsequently acquitted.

All this happened in New York State, which, even back then, had much tougher gun and self defense laws than the state of Florida has.
Roderick Scott case

No national media attention to that one. Obama didn't say anything. Nada, nyet, nothin'.
Shawnski is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shawnski For This Useful Post: