Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Where would you like the Flames to go with their jerseys?
Keep with the existing set 9 2.34%
go back to vintage home and away 229 59.48%
go back to 2004 home and away 26 6.75%
minor tweak to the existing set (piping, flags) 40 10.39%
new design that adds black to the retro look 36 9.35%
completely new design 39 10.13%
other (elaborate) 6 1.56%
Voters: 385. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2017, 01:11 PM   #621
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Was there ever any official statement regarding the wordmark alternates (circa 2013 to 2016)? Or did they just die a quiet death never to be spoken of again?

I'm assuming part of the reason they're gone is that they didn't sell and therefore were not continued; also, the decision to use the retro as the official alternate jersey last year would have contributed as well. Maybe the retros didn't sell very well last year (compared to the regular home jerseys) and therefore the Flames saw fit to maintain status quo?
Old 06-19-2017, 01:13 PM   #622
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lego Man View Post
After 10 years, I still don't understand why we even have both flags on our jersey in the first place... we aren't even the only team in Alberta - let alone Canada.

Okay Flames, everyone gets it by now... we all know Calgary exists and where it's located. It's like a someone travelling overseas - and the whole time they are wearing Canada branded hats, t-shirts, pants, and socks. It's as if they were terrified that someone wouldn't be able to figure out that they are from Canada by just looking at them.

I have enough jerseys already. I'm not buying any more until the Retro Adidas is made our primary, or at least they design something truly new.
It is a troll job, and I think an arguably effective one. I kind of like that the Flames are happy to rub other teams and their fans' noses in the ostentatious claim to being the only notable NHL team in Alberta and Canada.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Old 06-19-2017, 01:15 PM   #623
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
Yeah, why would people emotionally invest in the primary uniform their team plays in every night?!
Hold on. I did not claim bewilderment at universal emotional investment, rather the high level of emotional investment that prompts so many to express outrage. There is a big difference here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Old 06-19-2017, 01:21 PM   #624
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

The comments on the Twitter teaser are not pretty. I believe there's not a single positive comment on it ... but I doubt they'll care.

https://twitter.com/NHLFlames/status/876817056116555776

Pretty amazing that a team would stubbornly ignore the wishes of the people who they want to sell their product to. It's crystal clear what the majority of the fanbase wants, and yet the Flames' response to "please don't mess this up" is again "lol hold my beer".
Old 06-19-2017, 01:23 PM   #625
TheFlamesVan
Retired

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
Hold on. I did not claim bewilderment at universal emotional investment, rather the high level of emotional investment that prompts so many to express outrage. There is a big difference here.
The outrage is in context to a hockey jersey. Do we honestly have to explain every time we express frustration, no matter the level, with a hockey team and their decision making?

In the grand scheme of life, no. Not a big deal.

In the mindset of hockey jerseys... and a fan base begging to a reason to give them $300.... its hard to even comprehend what's going through their minds. And I have to stare at these things for 41 games again. The Flames are my main outlet to ignore the real world and be excited about sport. But they constantly ug it up so bad.
Old 06-19-2017, 01:26 PM   #626
Reign of Fire
First Line Centre

Exp:

Personally, I have had it. I wanted to buy the new jersey provided they made enough changes. Calgary Flames management is taking advantage of fan loyalty, if they think making minor changes (like changing the style of font) is enough to entice fans into buying the new jersey. I was really hoping they move on from the flags, and come up with a better shoulder patch at the very least. I don't understand the logic with the flags; do they think by putting on a Canada flag and Alberta flag, it will turn the team into Canada's team or Alberta's team. The flags show laziness and lack of imagination. I mean, c'mon man, they can do a better job coming up with something the represents the City of Calgary. For ####sake don't put anything on the shoulders if you're too stupid to come up with something.

I don't have any loyalty to the Adidas brand to go out spend money on a jersey that is quite similar to the Reebok one. I have three Reebok jerseys and a retro one. If fans really want a change to jersey design, I suggest people continue to wear their Reebok jerseys. The C of Red will continue to be represented since jerseys are pretty much the same. However, I know many will still go out and buy the new jersey, but I will not be one of them.

Last edited by Reign of Fire; 06-19-2017 at 01:29 PM.
Old 06-19-2017, 01:26 PM   #627
Love
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Weren't we specifically named as one of like 10 other teams that were changing our jerseys for next season due to the Adidas partnership? Seems exactly the same to me...
Old 06-19-2017, 01:29 PM   #628
Atodaso
Scoring Winger

Exp:

If only there is a crowd to offer audible boos the moment it gets revealed.
Old 06-19-2017, 01:30 PM   #629
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

I get keeping the black 'C'. That is now as much of the flames colour as the Retro's. Going back to something similar 2004 Jersey's would be sufficient.

I would prefer the Retro's but making a nice looking black C jersey is not difficult. Why do they refuse to do it?
Old 06-19-2017, 01:31 PM   #630
Love
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
The comments on the Twitter teaser are not pretty. I believe there's not a single positive comment on it ... but I doubt they'll care.

https://twitter.com/NHLFlames/status/876817056116555776

Pretty amazing that a team would stubbornly ignore the wishes of the people who they want to sell their product to. It's crystal clear what the majority of the fanbase wants, and yet the Flames' response to "please don't mess this up" is again "lol hold my beer".
I like it. Management will get the message eventually. Like someone else said, I could see them finally bringing back the retros full-time starting our 40th anniversary year. Until then, I'm perfectly fine wearing my 2012 Iginla jersey to the games
Old 06-19-2017, 01:31 PM   #631
calgarybean
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I'll judge things tomorrow when I see the actual full jersey.

Not fussed on flags. Sure I'd rather see a secondary logo but there are worse things than the flags. If the piping goes away, cool...as long as there is no pedestal or wal-mart wordmark I'm happy.
Old 06-19-2017, 01:32 PM   #632
Insane_Flame
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

There is still hope that the piping is gone. To me that was the biggest hope, so here's hoping. Are there any jersey's that we know of that are going to be maintaining the piping? If not, that might provide some hope. the whole piping fiasco was the brain child of Reebok anyway, maybe that is one thing that all sweaters will be doing away with?
Old 06-19-2017, 01:35 PM   #633
nixon45
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane_Flame View Post
There is still hope that the piping is gone. To me that was the biggest hope, so here's hoping. Are there any jersey's that we know of that are going to be maintaining the piping? If not, that might provide some hope. the whole piping fiasco was the brain child of Reebok anyway, maybe that is one thing that all sweaters will be doing away with?
Adidas owns Reebok so I am not holding out any hope that the piping is eliminated.
Old 06-19-2017, 01:35 PM   #634
calf
broke the first rule

Exp:

Old 06-19-2017, 01:37 PM   #635
Insane_Flame
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixon45 View Post
Adidas owns Reebok so I am not holding out any hope that the piping is eliminated.
Well kick me in the crotch and spit on my neck, I DID NOT KNOW THAT!
Old 06-19-2017, 01:42 PM   #636
nixon45
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane_Flame View Post
Well kick me in the crotch and spit on my neck, I DID NOT KNOW THAT!
There there... we are all in this together

Old 06-19-2017, 01:47 PM   #637
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calf View Post
ken king please read
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GreenLantern2814 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2017, 01:47 PM   #638
TopChed
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Don't worry guys, there's still room to get worse. We haven't even seen Adidas' hideous 3 stripe implementation yet.
Old 06-19-2017, 01:49 PM   #639
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopChed View Post
Don't worry guys, there's still room to get worse. We haven't even seen Adidas' hideous 3 stripe implementation yet.
I would actually kinda like the three stripes somewhere. But I'm an Adidas groupie, so I'm biased.

Three short stripes in the location where they're putting their logo would have looked slick.
Old 06-19-2017, 01:50 PM   #640
FlameyMcFlameFace
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Ok so how much say does the flames ownership have in the design? Because I am just assuming the Adidas design team has a huge say? Is it entirely our organization's fault? I don't know the process of re-designed jerseys
Closed Thread