Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who would you take with pick #6 if you were the Flames GM?
Silayev 8 6.96%
Catton 33 28.70%
Parekh 21 18.26%
Buium 3 2.61%
Eiserman 1 0.87%
Helenius 1 0.87%
Yakemchuk 3 2.61%
Iginla 45 39.13%
Greentree 0 0%
Brandsegg-Nygard 0 0%
Connelly 0 0%
Jiricek 0 0%
Chernyshov 0 0%
Hage 0 0%
Boisvert 0 0%
Sennecke 0 0%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-11-2024, 07:41 AM   #1
Bingo
Owner

Exp:
Default CP 2024 Ordered Draft List (April 9th Edition) #6

Each pick you choose who you would take if you were the Flames GM. Not a mock draft of the standings. Who the Flames would pick at #2 (skipping #1) through say #12 or greater if we see the value.

When done we will have CP consensus list for the Flames.

I'll run a few a day with a cut off around total votes so this doesn't take two weeks to complete.

We can run it weekly to see how things change.

RESULTS:

1. Celebrini (not voted)
2. Demidov
3. Dickinson
4. Levshunov
5. Lindstrom
Bingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 08:45 AM   #2
The Fonz
Our Jessica Fletcher

Exp:

Thank Science we've got a top 10 pick. I'll be pumped with any of Dickinson, Levshunov, Lindstrom, Iginla, Parekh, Catton, Buium, or Eiserman (I've come around on him).
The Fonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 09:34 AM   #3
loob job
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

If Tij didn't have that last name I don't think we'd be considering him. In all the draft scouting rankings, the highest he's ranked is 10th and lowest is 23rd. I hope we don't lose sight.
loob job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 09:37 AM   #4
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by loob job View Post
If Tij didn't have that last name I don't think we'd be considering him. In all the draft scouting rankings, the highest he's ranked is 10th and lowest is 23rd. I hope we don't lose sight.
SMAHTS had him at 9 last week.

Lots of rumblings about the Habs taking him with their pick at 6-7.

I'd be surprised if he isn't gone in the top ten at this point.
Old 04-11-2024, 09:40 AM   #5
HitterD
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Other than that outlier 6th ranking from EliteProspects you are correct, but I’m curious to see where he ranks with the major publications in final rankings after his playoff performance. It’s not just the name, he’s showing he can dominate and raise his game in the playoffs. I suspect he’s got a lot more room to rise up the rankings still.

How much have you watched him play? Is it possible you are just as guilty of dismissing him because of his last name as you are accusing others of favouring him for it? He is, in my opinion, a legitimate top 10 prospect for 2024 and I could see him getting selected anywhere from 5-10
HitterD is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HitterD For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2024, 09:46 AM   #6
CsInMyBlood
Franchise Player

Location: F*** me. We're so f***ing good, you check the f***ing standings? Lets f***ing go! F***ing practice!
Exp:

Quote:
He just put up 8 goals and 11 points in 6 games to lead Kelowna past round 1.

The kid is so much more than just his dads son.

Backlund for Selke 2017 2018
Oilers suck.
CsInMyBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 10:45 AM   #7
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Mid season ranks aren't worth all that much, for amateur scouts draft eligible players make their hay in the last half, and for team scouts this is their busiest time of the year, the players are as mature as their going to get and how they play during playoff pressure. if Tij continues to tear up the playoffs for a middling Kelowna team you can forget about him for the Flames.
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 10:54 AM   #8
CaptainYooh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Every player named Lindstom, Lidstrom or Lindholm should automatically be drafted in the top-6.

On a more serious note, I know quite a few CP'ers follow juniors hockey very closely and watch a lot of games. Is Tij Iginla that good or are we just in love with his last name?

Last edited by CaptainYooh; 04-11-2024 at 10:57 AM.
CaptainYooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 11:03 AM   #9
1qqaaz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I would have Buium as the third best player in the draft after Celebrini and Demidov. He has the best projections after everyone but these two.
1qqaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 11:05 AM   #10
driveway
A Fiddler Crab

Exp:

I know nothing other than reading scouting reports. From what I've read, I like Buium a lot and hope he's the guy we take really anywhere 3-10.
driveway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 11:12 AM   #11
Naitix
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Parekh for me here
Naitix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 11:12 AM   #12
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainYooh View Post
On a more serious note, I know quite a few CP'ers follow juniors hockey very closely and watch a lot of games. Is Tij Iginla that good or are we just in love with his last name?
I can't claim to know more than the average person who reads scouting reports and catches highlight reels.

Acknowledging those limitations, my impression is that he is really that good in his own right. He has the ability to take over a game and the drive to improve. He isn't perfect and there are things he needs to work on, but nothing that can't be overcome. I have read criticisms that he needs to work on his board play and that he can lose his man when back checking. These aren't uncommon things that even great prospects need to work on.
Old 04-11-2024, 11:13 AM   #13
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

The Iginla name has value ... to every team in the league but obviously more in Calgary.

That's worth a spot or two in my mind.

Earlier in the season he was a 15-18 overall pick, now he's a 6-10 in my estimation.

If Calgary takes him at 8th I won't have a problem with it, assuming Conroy has discussed it with the Iginla family (pressure vs legacy etc)

If Calgary doesn't select him I hope he's already gone so they don't have a long term comparison to drive us nuts.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bingo For This Useful Post: