Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Buy And Sell > The CP Power Ring
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2015, 06:26 PM   #1
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Networking Group

I am a member of a networking group and we are actively looking for people to come for a visit and to check it out. The group is limited to one person per profession, and is for referral business. Its a breakfast meeting and we meet at 7am Thursday mornings. At we are looking for a(n):

- accountant/tax prep (could be one of each depending)
- bookkeeper
- plumber
- general contractor
- printer
- graphic designer
- web designer
- commercial realtor
- property manager
- photographer
- HVAC
- interior designer
- roofer
- painter

Those are just professions off the top of my head, but if you are interested and not sure feel free to PM me for info. Basically if you are someone who either runs a business or a commission salesperson and using referrals for that, its a very effective group.

Please PM me for details and info.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 06:53 PM   #2
fundmark19
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I am assuming you already have a recruiter? I need more networking groups
fundmark19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 07:00 PM   #3
cracher
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Hm. Networking group, 7am Thursday breakfasts. Do these meetings take place in Inglewood? BNI?
cracher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 07:06 PM   #4
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cracher View Post
Hm. Networking group, 7am Thursday breakfasts. Do these meetings take place in Inglewood? BNI?
Nope, not Inglewood, but it is a BNI chapter. Is that good/bad?
Old 04-14-2015, 07:30 PM   #5
cracher
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I thought BNI was an interesting concept. I think there is a chance I have met you IRL. My partner was a member for a couple of years and, consequently, I attended a few meetings. For me, the deal breaker was 7am. I only set my alarm before 7:30 for tee times and cheap flights.

My opinion on the group: the public speaking element (all that tagline+rapid fire speech stuff) was very beneficial for my partner (younger, introverted, quiet, fresh out of training). She was a different person by the end of it. From the business side, IMO, it wasn't the most effective for my industry. I'm in a very specific aspect of healthcare so I live and die on reputation/referral base and not so much infolunches, etc. BNI, imo, is more geared towards the business/corporate side of things. Did meet a number of people who killed it with BNI.
cracher is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cracher For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2015, 07:56 PM   #6
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cracher View Post
I thought BNI was an interesting concept. I think there is a chance I have met you IRL. My partner was a member for a couple of years and, consequently, I attended a few meetings. For me, the deal breaker was 7am. I only set my alarm before 7:30 for tee times and cheap flights.

My opinion on the group: the public speaking element (all that tagline+rapid fire speech stuff) was very beneficial for my partner (younger, introverted, quiet, fresh out of training). She was a different person by the end of it. From the business side, IMO, it wasn't the most effective for my industry. I'm in a very specific aspect of healthcare so I live and die on reputation/referral base and not so much infolunches, etc. BNI, imo, is more geared towards the business/corporate side of things. Did meet a number of people who killed it with BNI.
Actually I'm pretty new to BNI, but I'm glad to hear of the success that your partner had there. I'm actually pushing myself there for exactly that same reason; I'm not a master networker or anything like that and the things I'm learning there are great for me to get outside of my comfort zone. I can see what you mean about it maybe not being great for your industry though because there are some industries that are so specialized that they don't necessarily benefit from exposure to people outside that industry.

7am is pretty early...but I actually like that it gets the day rolling. I just feel good and ready to go at the end of the meetings, so I find its a nice start to the day.
Old 05-08-2015, 03:37 PM   #7
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thought that I would bump this as we are still looking for people to come and check it out. Feel free to PM me if you would like more information or anything like that. I may have missed some professions who could benefit from this on my list, but basically if you are in a business where referrals would help you grow, this is a great group.
Old 05-08-2015, 03:39 PM   #8
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lets get in touch next week.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2015, 01:32 PM   #9
Da_Chief
Franchise Player

Exp:

Do you help a podcast grow lol?
Da_Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Da_Chief For This Useful Post: