Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-18-2017, 11:38 AM   #41
Lanny'sDaMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Clearly this is on Bettman. He got hardcore made to look like a poopstain by Nenshi, and the Flames haven't really done much about getting a new arena (as far as he was concerned). He clearly put out a directive that the Flames are not to win any post season games until the city does what he wants.

I'm mostly joking, but it would not surprise me to learn there was a nugget of truth in my bullspit there.

Last edited by Lanny'sDaMan; 04-18-2017 at 11:41 AM.
Lanny'sDaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 11:40 AM   #42
EVERLAST
Franchise Player

Location: https://homestars.com/companies/2808346-keith-my-furnace-guy
Exp:

Conspiracy? No

But having controversial this and that on every other play in all 3 games.

What's that? I guess when your team can't win based on several other factors such as face offs, power plays, fully played games .

We had a lead .....were scored on late in the 2nd in a must win game and played well in the first 10 minutes of the 3rd with a 2 goal lead and then started floating just before the predictable outcome.

We have to be better at playing with or without a Lead.

We cannot get stuck blaming refs and the nhl.

When you get stuck in that mentality and half your roster gets demoralized and quits playing 100% the coach has the job to either motivate or bench guys that aren't committed to win regardless.

Anyway , tough lesson to learn. Learn it move on and don't get stuck in the past.

Be the change .....be better next time.
EVERLAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 11:46 AM   #43
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone that actually believes there is a conspiracy is an idiot, maybe last season, post-incident there was some bias. But this season the difference in PIMs can be attributed to undisciplined play of the team, especially Tkachuk, Bennett and Hamilton.
Alberta_Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:15 PM   #44
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

To all the outside members/guests reading this, I apologise on behalf of those of us who are smart enough to realise that outside of a few weirdos, there is NO conspiracy against the Flames or any other NHL team.

Please do not make fun of us.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Huntingwhale For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2017, 12:17 PM   #45
bob-loblaw
First Line Centre

Exp:

In last nights high stick goal, they want only video evidence but they can't use video plus logic at the same time.

Did the Refs the league determine that it went off the stick? Yes. Did the league too? Yes, as far I know.

So, was the stick too high? Every video from every angle shows his arms extended either level or higher than his shoulders. On a six-foot high person his shoulders would be at least five feet from the ground. Is there any evidence of the stick pointing downwards? No, not unless his stick was broken or he has a 40 degree bend in it. Logically, the puck would be deflected at least from a height of least five feet. No goal then.

I thought they had a partnership with GoPro? Let's put eight cameras behind the glass four feet off the ground around each zone. Surely through the cameras they can determine if something was four feet or higher off the ground. Do themselves and the fans a favor and use technology to get the important calls correct.

Instead, let's put cameras on the blue line instead. I have no statistics, but I would think there are more incorrectly called goals, and more important incorrectly called goals, because of pucks knocked down that are too high as opposed to offside.
bob-loblaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:19 PM   #46
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think it's more incompetence that affects the Flames a lot.
codynw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:25 PM   #47
flamesfan1297
First Line Centre

Exp:

I'm pretty sure the reffing is just awful. But I don't believe it's an actual conspiracy

Halloween candy is horrifying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
"Putting nets on puck."

- Ferland 2016
flamesfan1297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:26 PM   #48
zukes
Nostradamus

Exp:

I do not think that there is a conspiracy per se, but I do believe that the Flames do not get the benefit of the doubt, and whether that is conscious or sub-conscious on each individual's part is debatable.
Old 04-18-2017, 12:27 PM   #49
Geeoff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Reptilian globalists are turning our frogs gay with chemtrails! Longevity pills!!
Geeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Geeoff For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2017, 12:30 PM   #50
midniteowl
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Par View Post
The Flames had 5 PP's to the Ducks 0 and they still managed to lose, it is just the fans.
If the high sticked goal called back, they won the game.

If that goal in second game counted, they won that game too.

Conspiracy or not? I'm not sure.
midniteowl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:32 PM   #51
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Carlyle missed a trick. If he had challenged the Flames 4th goal it would have been called back.

GirlySports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:33 PM   #52
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

I personally thought the stick on the third goal contacted the puck at the height of the cross bar. I paused my PVR on the slow motion replay and it looked right in line. Ultimately for me it wasn't conclusive enough to overturn the call on the ice.

Even in game 2, we would lose the goalie interference one there because the foot was contacting Gibson's pad inside the net as he was moving to get the puck.

The second goal last night to me was trash...if that one never goes in no problem. Instead a weak floater from the boards above the has marks get's in the net. It reminds me of the Dan Cloutier center ice goal in 2002. That's the goal where the Flames lost the series.
Old 04-18-2017, 12:34 PM   #53
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

What an embarrassing thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PsYcNeT For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2017, 12:35 PM   #54
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanfan View Post
I personally thought the stick on the third goal contacted the puck at the height of the cross bar. I paused my PVR on the slow motion replay and it looked right in line. Ultimately for me it wasn't conclusive enough to overturn the call on the ice.

Even in game 2, we would lose the goalie interference one there because the foot was contacting Gibson's pad inside the net as he was moving to get the puck.

The second goal last night to me was trash...if that one never goes in no problem. Instead a weak floater from the boards above the has marks get's in the net. It reminds me of the Dan Cloutier center ice goal in 2002. That's the goal where the Flames lost the series.
They are saying on 960 right now with Eric Duhatschek. that several people that saw the goal at eye level behind the net said it was a good goal. Erick also said he believes is was a good goal.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:37 PM   #55
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

There is no conspiracy. I don't think the refs had anything to do with it. I liked the reffing last night. They let the players decide the game, which should have happened in game two.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:37 PM   #56
Igottago
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is NHL officiating inconsistent at the best of times? Yes. Is there a conspiracy specifically against the Flames? Not a chance in hell.

"I was like Christ, lying on my back, with my arms outstretched, crucified"
-- Frank Musil - Early January 1994
Igottago is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Igottago For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2017, 12:39 PM   #57
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

Ha, lots of "It's not a conspiracy...but" posts.

The evidence shows that Oswald worked alone...but...
SportsJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:40 PM   #58
Kjesse
Retired

Exp:

Biases are everywhere in the reffing, sometimes it works out for the Flames, sometimes not. Those biases are subconscious most of the time. You can't get rid of it as long as people are reffing. Maybe someday there will be a super reffing robot, but for now, in all sports, in all leagues, there are natural biases that can not be overcome. You can only try to minimize it.

The Flames got away with at least one boarding call last night.

To suggest there is an actual conspiracy is absurd.
Kjesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kjesse For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2017, 12:41 PM   #59
Looch City
Looooooooooooooch

Exp:

This is a conspiracy started by Ken King to make us hate the Flames and thus making it easier to move the team elsewhere and build his precious arena complete with a golden throne to sit on.
Looch City is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:49 PM   #60
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Conspiracy theories emerge when the reality is difficult to comprehend or accept.

Sadly, the NHL is actually just very inconsistent and incompetent with officiating, both on and off the ice. It doesn't have the mystery and appeal of a dark figure pulling the strings of the league behind the scenes, but reality is never as interesting.

The Flames have had every opportunity to win games in this series, and have found ways to lose. Stupid penalties, the infamous line change, more stupid penalties, and a complete capitulation to turn a 4-1 lead into a 5-4 loss. Sprinkle in a little bit of bad luck and a little bit of self pity, and that recipe serves up exactly what we're having for dinner: 3-0 down against a team that does almost everything better than us.
Jimmy Stang is offline   Reply With Quote