Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2017, 08:01 PM   #41
lazypucker
First Line Centre

Exp:

There is nothing to analyze, the Dome is still sold out at these prices.
lazypucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 08:02 PM   #42
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't think it's a good value either...but season ticket holders certainly deserve the discount

Pretty dumb to blame Ken King though, Oilers are changing $80 to not watch the game for christ sakes. It's the business
Old 04-13-2017, 08:02 PM   #43
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

Complain all you want about playoff ticket prices. Complain about the price of tickets, food and beer.

You don't have a $1,500 flight on top of that.

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Maritime Q-Scout For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2017, 08:06 PM   #44
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Calgaryblood has a point. I was a STH during the 80's and into the 90's where ST's were affordable to most Calgarians. Then came the rapid increase in player salaries and with that a never ending increase to the price of a ST. Unfortunately many a persons wages didn't increase at the same rate (mine included) and I had to give up my Seasons.

Supply and demand is the driving force today and sadly a certain segment of the population is being priced out. I fear that when the new rink is built those upper lodge seats will be replaced with more expensive seats.

Bring back the good ol days......

Old 04-13-2017, 08:09 PM   #45
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
Calgaryblood has a point. I was a STH during the 80's and into the 90's where ST's were affordable to most Calgarians. Then came the rapid increase in player salaries and with that a never ending increase to the price of a ST. Unfortunately many a persons wages didn't increase at the same rate (mine included) and I had to give up my Seasons.

Supply and demand is the driving force today and sadly a certain segment of the population is being priced out. I fear that when the new rink is built those upper lodge seats will be replaced with more expensive seats.

Bring back the good ol days......

If those are equivalent to the $25 tickets people are talking about, the price of the ticket has actually gone down:

http://www.in2013dollars.com/1989-CAD-in-2017?amount=18

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 08:10 PM   #46
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvp2003 View Post
So you can afford seats in the press level but they aren't good enough for you. And you want seats in the lower two bowls but don't want to pay. Gotcha.
I don't consider press levels to be good quailty seats to watch a game. Too high up and far away from the play. Some seats you can't see the scoreboard. That said I bought some for the playoffs as I wanted to experience the playoff atmosphere in the Dome.
Old 04-13-2017, 08:12 PM   #47
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maritime Q-Scout View Post
If those are equivalent to the $25 tickets people are talking about, the price of the ticket has actually gone down:

http://www.in2013dollars.com/1989-CAD-in-2017?amount=18
My seats were not press level but second tier of the bowl. Todays seats in a simlar spot are $249 each for the playoffs.

Last edited by Dion; 04-13-2017 at 08:15 PM.
Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 08:21 PM   #48
stone hands
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I had to sell a game vs the ducks in 2015 to afford the rest of the playoff games
stone hands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 08:26 PM   #49
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

The seats are not expensive is you are a season ticket holder .

Honest question : how should the flames distribute playoff tickets if not by price? A random lottery is actually the most unfair to the people who actually pay money during the season the support the team and go to games. It's like people want to wait till playoffs then get the privledge of cheap tickets
Jason14h is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jason14h For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2017, 08:32 PM   #50
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason14h View Post
The seats are not expensive is you are a season ticket holder .

Honest question : how should the flames distribute playoff tickets if not by price? A random lottery is actually the most unfair to the people who actually pay money during the season the support the team and go to games. It's like people want to wait till playoffs then get the privledge of cheap tickets
I'm happy that you were able to afford seasons. What about those who can't? Should we just tell them too bad so sad we'll jack up your prices?
Old 04-13-2017, 08:37 PM   #51
Backlunds_socks
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

The Calgary game corporate suck ups are just silly
Backlunds_socks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 08:39 PM   #52
SebC
tromboner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarley View Post
That's not even remotely close to what the supply curve for Flames tickets actually looks like.
Save
SebC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SebC For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2017, 08:40 PM   #53
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I'm happy that you were able to afford seasons. What about those who can't? Should we just tell them too bad so sad we'll jack up your prices?
So how should tickets be decided ?

Hey fans who have to pay for tickets regardless of the day of the game and opponent. Whether the team is good or bad.

But if we make playoffs now let's make sure we have cheap tickets so people who didn't financially support the team all season, and in seasons they didn't make the playoffs, can now get the best product?
The Following User Says Thank You to Jason14h For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2017, 08:42 PM   #54
HappyGilmore
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
What's your solution?
Old 04-13-2017, 08:44 PM   #55
taco.vidal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Ken King expects every Calgary taxpayer to contribute to the building costs but only the 1% can attend games?

And some fans wonder why a good portion of Calgarians are ready to say cya later to King, Murray Edwards and the Flames.

Quote:

Hey fans who have to pay for tickets regardless of the day of the game and opponent. Whether the team is good or bad.

But if we make playoffs now let's make sure we have cheap tickets so people who didn't financially support the team all season, and in seasons they didn't make the playoffs, can now get the best product?
taco.vidal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to taco.vidal For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2017, 08:47 PM   #56
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:

How do you know we haven't supported the team financially? I have bought several tickets this season, merchandise, and a jersey.

There's many ways to support the team financially without buying season tickets.
calgaryblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 08:53 PM   #57
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryblood View Post
How do you know we haven't supported the team financially? I have bought several tickets this season, merchandise, and a jersey.

There's many ways to support the team financially without buying season tickets.
And I'm all for some weighted lottery for fans who buy tickets. I think all te current ways to distribute playoff tickets suck.

But I at least get this years high prices vs low prices and registering an email and just reselling
Old 04-13-2017, 09:47 PM   #58
bigbadboss101
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Last I checked there were tickets in PL. Sec 14 and 5 I think (right near the center line). The map shows obstruction and partial obstruction. Are a good part of those two sections blocked by the camera? I assume the lower ones anyways?
bigbadboss101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 10:23 PM   #59
Flames in 07
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryblood View Post
Anyways I've made my point and the only reason I did is because hardly anyone is speaking out against the high prices a few weeks after Bettman and King told us how much better a new building will be for Calgary. Maybe for the slim minority I can see it being beneficial to them but it won't be for the majority and they don't care about Calgary at all, which is fine, they are are business after all.

Just hope they remain consistent with their capitalism and business model and get zero dollars from the public who can't afford to go to games.
The flames are a business. They charge what they think the market will bear. If you don't like it, cool. But you are not entitled to tickets at a price that you deem fit.
Flames in 07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 10:26 PM   #60
squiggs96
Franchise Player

Exp:

You should probably also complain about how much a new BMW costs today, and how it was cheaper 13 years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Jesus this site these days
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnet Flame View Post
He just seemed like a very nice person. I loved Squiggy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I should probably stop posting at this point
squiggs96 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to squiggs96 For This Useful Post: