Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2017, 09:41 AM   #181
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
There's actually a dedicated 2026 thread already. Also, is it just me or do almost all Calgary Herald links not work? All I get is a blank page when I click the link, which seems to happen a lot.
It's an adblocker thing. Most sites would at least have a message about the adblocker show up. The Herald just wants you to think the site is broken I guess.
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Finger Cookin For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2017, 11:33 AM   #182
johnnybegaudreau
Draft Pick

A ticket tax doesn't come out of owners pockets anymore than actual living wages for servers comes out of restaraunt owners pockets down in the states. The buck gets passed on to the consumer via tips. At the end of the day it's about the owners bottom line.

It comes out of the customers pockets because consumers who like something will always pay for it no matter what the price or ask is just ask Apple about this. It's the same for hockey fans in Canada. NFL fans in the states. The ownership takes no risk putting a ticket tax on their tickets because people will sitll buy them. The only way they have any risk is if all the fans band together and say Im sorry but your 20% increase is ridiculous we're not going to buy tickets and that stadium sits empty for 41 games. We all know that isn't going to happen.

The same way that idiots will still line up and pay $1300 for an Iphone.
johnnybegaudreau is offline   Reply With Quote