Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2017, 10:45 AM   #61
rohara66
First Line Centre

Exp:

Hate the wave. Love the cheering and everything else. Wave can GTFO.
rohara66 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rohara66 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2017, 03:37 PM   #62
Envitro
First Line Centre

Exp:

Yup... the wave sucks, and I always hated it...

However, thinking that the game wasn't sold out, I don't know. It looked pretty damn packed to me, and I was there.
Envitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 04:30 PM   #63
taxbuster
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
The building looked completely full to me last night and the crowd was incredible.
Not entirely true on either score. I was sitting in 214 and directly across from me I could see at least 3 patches of 4-seat blocks in the Club that were unoccupied the entire game. There were also a few other smaller ones. Small sample to be sure, but I'm sure there were others.

However, that's not even the worst: when the crowd got going and standing up with 5 minutes to go....they didn't even STAY standing and cheering. As soon as the play started everybody sat down and shut up. I was appalled at the lack of support. For sure everyone was nervous by then - but isn't that the absolutely most important time to show your team you actually DO care?

Unbelievable.
taxbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to taxbuster For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2017, 04:33 PM   #64
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

The wave was started by three girls in row 1 at centre ice behind the players bench mid way through the second period when it was 4-1. The people around me were furious and yelled at them to sit down. They got it going and then of course they play the music on the PA, and the world began to end shortly thereafter.
Manhattanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 04:39 PM   #65
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envitro View Post
Yup... the wave sucks, and I always hated it...

However, thinking that the game wasn't sold out, I don't know. It looked pretty damn packed to me, and I was there.
It looked packed because they moved people from the upper bleeds down to the empty areas, that is why they do it.

I have no idea how many seats they had to do it for, and fully admit this wasn't worth it's own thread. I wasn't in my finest head space last night. This all would have been a better question in the expensive ticket thread.

I really hope they just flip all available tickets for Wednesday to re-sale tickets at a much lower price to get the place packed. There may be some point in franchise history where they come back from a 3-0, so you might as well get all the help you can get into the building.
Bill Bumface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 04:44 PM   #66
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

I saw two empty seats in all of PL on the 1-9 side. I didn't look too hard mind you.

Place was packed.
polak is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to polak For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2017, 06:49 PM   #67
redforever
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
Are you pro wave? The only thing pathetic was doing the wave in a playoff game when you are only up two goals. The wave has no place in a sporting event when the game is still on the line.
I am neither pro or anti wave but if somebody tries to get some kind of cheering going, I participate.

The crowd had grown quiet with that second goal, people were trying to get something going, to make some noise, to get some energy on the ice.
redforever is offline   Reply With Quote