Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2017, 08:14 AM   #201
ThePrince
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I see irony in fans pining for players that could never get it done when they were here the first time. Take away 2004 and Iginla, Regehr, and Kipper brought fans late season disappointment annually for a decade.
Lol, a Vezina trophy and a couple Rocket Richards "could never get it done". Kipper was practically in god mode for a couple of those 1st round exits, and had no help around him.
ThePrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 08:22 AM   #202
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-E-B View Post
I blame horrible management for failing to provide adequate support for those players. Those three were the reason we even made the playoffs in the first place.

Saying that without '04 they did nothing is like saying without McDavid the Oilers are trash. Both are probably true but the reality is that 04 happened and McDavid is part of the Oilers team which makes the comment unfair.
People like to remember what they want but the fact is that group collectively could never get their act together. Whether it was Iginla going ice cold against the Ducks in 06, the entire team hanging Kipper out to dry in 07, or Kipper playing poorly in 08 and 09 it was always something and those teams always had more talent on paper than they showed on the ice as Sutter tried hard bringing in guys like Langkow, Huselius, Tangs, Aucoin, Hamrlik, Nolan, Conroy, Stuart, Cammalleri, Jokinen, almost every season and the end result was always the core of the team wilting when it counted.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 08:24 AM   #203
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePrince View Post
Lol, a Vezina trophy and a couple Rocket Richards "could never get it done". Kipper was practically in god mode for a couple of those 1st round exits, and had no help around him.
Kipper also stunk in 08 and 09 in the playoffs. 4 straight first round exits followed by three years missing the playoffs points to a group that could never get it done. Unfortunately you can't win the argument because history backs up my statement.
Old 02-24-2017, 08:29 AM   #204
ThePrince
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Kipper also stunk in 08 and 09 in the playoffs. 4 straight first round exits followed by three years missing the playoffs points to a group that could never get it done. Unfortunately you can't win the argument because history backs up my statement.
Yup, let's ignore three great years in the playoffs, then the one year he literally dragged the team kicking and screaming to a few points of a playoffs berth. I'm not saying the team couldn't get it done, but you're insinuating those three players are the reason the team couldn't get it done, which is definitely an argument I can win.

Last edited by ThePrince; 02-24-2017 at 09:54 AM.
Old 02-24-2017, 08:33 AM   #205
Scornfire
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
I see irony in fans pining for players that could never get it done when they were here the first time. Take away 2004 and Iginla, Regehr, and Kipper brought fans late season disappointment annually for a decade.
Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?
Scornfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 08:38 AM   #206
ThePrince
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

You may want to look at Kipper's regular season stats in 2008 and 2009 (when you're saying he played poorly), he played in 76 and 73 games respectively. And you're expecting he's going to be 100% on his game in the playoffs?
Old 02-24-2017, 08:56 AM   #207
shotinthebacklund
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

https://twitter.com/TKACHUKycheese_?...Ctwgr%5Eauthor
shotinthebacklund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 10:22 AM   #208
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePrince View Post
You may want to look at Kipper's regular season stats in 2008 and 2009 (when you're saying he played poorly), he played in 76 and 73 games respectively. And you're expecting he's going to be 100% on his game in the playoffs?
I fail to see what tegular season stats have to do with getting things done in the playoffs.
Old 02-24-2017, 11:56 AM   #209
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Quote:
People like to remember what they want but the fact is that group collectively could never get their act together. Whether it was Iginla going ice cold against the Ducks in 06, the entire team hanging Kipper out to dry in 07, or Kipper playing poorly in 08 and 09 it was always something and those teams always had more talent on paper than they showed on the ice as Sutter tried hard bringing in guys like Langkow, Huselius, Tangs, Aucoin, Hamrlik, Nolan, Conroy, Stuart, Cammalleri, Jokinen, almost every season and the end result was always the core of the team wilting when it counted.
Yes, clearly they do
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Enoch Root For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2017, 02:40 PM   #210
ThePrince
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
I fail to see what tegular season stats have to do with getting things done in the playoffs.
You fail to see what playing 76/82 games has to do with getting it done in the playoffs? Are you seriously that thick?