Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 06-08-2017, 02:00 PM   #281
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

More Amanda Crew please! She's such a babe.
Manhattanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Manhattanboy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2017, 10:54 AM   #282
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

This latest was IMO the best episode of the season to date. I wonder if Jian Yang is getting more air time because he's probably going to slide into the void left by the departure of Erlich.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 08:59 AM   #283
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
This latest was IMO the best episode of the season to date. I wonder if Jian Yang is getting more air time because he's probably going to slide into the void left by the departure of Erlich.
They are playing him like the new Erlich-esque landlord in the last episode. I assume he just buys the house and kids Erlich out. In that case, we might need a new Jian Yang to be his folly.
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 01:03 PM   #284
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Show is entering meh territory. Storylines are dull. A summary of last night's episode: first scene, oh no we're broke, next scene, wait we're rich, next scene, oh no we're poor again, next scene, no wait we're rich, next scene, yup we're poor.
The Following User Says Thank You to Manhattanboy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2017, 05:19 PM   #285
aaronck
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattanboy View Post
Show is entering meh territory. Storylines are dull. A summary of last night's episode: first scene, oh no we're broke, next scene, wait we're rich, next scene, oh no we're poor again, next scene, no wait we're rich, next scene, yup we're poor.

I think I agree- last few (other than Jin Yang and his fridge) have not been up to snuff with the rest of the series.
aaronck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 09:53 PM   #286
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

It's been that way since the beginning. It's Entourage for geeks, except a lot funnier.

I've give the weak story a pass because there are great characters and clever jokes. This past episode lacked the jokes so the poor story line was more obvious.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 11:05 PM   #287
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
It's been that way since the beginning. It's Entourage for geeks, except a lot funnier.

I've give the weak story a pass because there are great characters and clever jokes. This past episode lacked the jokes so the poor story line was more obvious.
Entourage for geeks is a good way to describe it. You could also call it Big Bang Theory for people don't have horrible taste in television.

Last night's episode wasn't great but it did do a good job of setting up the rest of the season. I can't wait to find out what happens at Hooli-Con next week.
Old 06-13-2017, 05:54 AM   #288
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Meh episodes of Silicon Valley are still better than 95% of television options out there. I'll happily take meh from this show.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 02:25 AM   #289
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Season finale was a C++. No Amanda Crew. So that's it for Erlich? Wonder if HBO renews.
Old 06-27-2017, 09:49 AM   #290
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I mentioned this earlier in the season. The storyline is getting a little stale. I feel next season they should spend most of the season with the company being successful on their new internet rather than the company going boom/bust nearly every episode. Make the stories center more about how they handle the success and going head on with Gavin. Maybe try to rekindle the romance between Crew's character and Richard and get into more stories about the other characters and their personal relationships.
Old 06-27-2017, 01:31 PM   #291
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

^^^Totally agree EE. Hopefully the writers go in that direction.
Old 06-27-2017, 02:37 PM   #292
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Yeah if they go tits up again immediately in the next season then I'm done. This year was such a downgrade on the previous 3 seasons
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2017, 06:42 PM   #293
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

I liked the season finale. The ending with the smart fridges and Richard being attacked was a hilarious way to wrap things up.

I agree this was probably the weakest season however and it will be interesting to see where things go from here. We have already seen Richard failing after rejecting a lucrative offer from Gavin so hopefully they go in a different direction this time. I still think they have enough great characters and possibly story lines for at least another 2 seasons.
Old 06-27-2017, 06:54 PM   #294
RougeUnderoos
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quite the interview with TJ Miller/Erlich Bachman.

He was funny on the show, but really comes across as a bit of an arrogant prick in real life. I've watched his standup special on Netflix and didn't really think it was funny. He really fancies himself a deep thinker and philosopherizerist.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...reakup-1016573

Quote:
They came to me and said, “Look, we’re not going to pick up your contingency because we want to offer you doing five episodes out of the 10, or three episodes.” And then I said, “Oh perfect, I had been wanting to ask if you guys would be open to me leaving the show.” And then they suddenly said, “Wait, no, what? You can do whatever. What? What do you mean?” And that was so good of them. They said, “We just wanted you to have more time to do all of the things you’re doing.” And I said, “Well, the best way for me to be involved in the show is by no longer being on it.” I swear to God, that’s why the internet broke. Everybody was like, “What the f— are you talking about? You’re on this successful show. Don’t you want three more years of solid acting work and don’t you want to be a famous television actor?” And I was like, “No, not really.” I’d like to parasail into the Cannes Film Festival for The Emoji Movie because that’s the next new funny thing that will make people laugh.
The phrase "the internet broke" is bad enough as it is, but when you are talking about yourself (or your ass, in the case of Kim Kardashian) you just sound like an idiot.

I'll miss him on the show but he's at best a third stringer. Jared has become the best character. That crack about "being the product of forced adoption myself" was gold.

RougeUnderoos is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RougeUnderoos For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2017, 09:16 PM   #295
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

He pretty much comes across as his usual self. I think TJ Miller is funny, but he is kind of one dimensional. He is the equivalent of Vince Vaughn. Same character in every movie.
Old 06-29-2017, 07:48 AM   #296
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RougeUnderoos View Post
I'll miss him on the show but he's at best a third stringer. Jared has become the best character. That crack about "being the product of forced adoption myself" was gold.
I'm on the fence. Most agree this was the weakest season and it's the season Jared was featured more while Erlich less. Erlich wasn't as interesting this season because it was clear the writers were phasing him out but I can argue he carried the first two seasons of the show.
Old 06-29-2017, 11:31 AM   #297
Hugh Jahrmes
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Season finale was a C++. No Amanda Crew. So that's it for Erlich? Wonder if HBO renews.

Afaik they've been picked up for a fifth, and from what I'd read, the writers thought the show likely wrapped up after 6-7 seasons assuming HBO agrees.

Losing JT Miller/Erlich will be a massive blow; first few seasons his role was critical in making a show about that type of business palatable in my mind. His antics took the focus away from trying to force jokes between guys who's jobs are literally sitting silently tapping away at keyboards.

Seeing Richards darker side in the finale was refreshing but I'm glad they didn't overplay that one.. Jared has definitely been gaining momentum as they've fleshed out his history more with some hilarious info.

Slow season but I'm already waiting for the next
Old 06-29-2017, 11:36 AM   #298
me_dennis
Scoring Winger

Exp:

The worst part of losing Erlich is no more Jian Yang/Erlich bickering.

Last edited by me_dennis; 06-29-2017 at 01:08 PM.
me_dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to me_dennis For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2017, 11:43 AM   #299
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

I'd like to see them do one more season to complete this run of the characters as they are. I'd then like to see one more season or partial season with them 10 years in the future. We could see if they "made it" or not. There could be jokes about ridiculous future technology. Them investing in other companies. Erlich coming back for an episode or two.

The problem with the show as it is now is that they end every season at virtually the same spot they were at the beginning.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 12:40 PM   #300
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by me_dennis View Post
The worst part of losing Erlich is no more JinYang/Erlich bickering.
I thought that was what they were trying to create a few episodes ago with Jian Yang and Gilfoyle. I am not sure if Gilfoyle will be as funny in this situation though. He's too smart, I think.