Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 02-24-2014, 11:37 PM   #41
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Weird, I was hearing so many negative reviews for season 2 I wasnt even gonna bother watching it.
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 09:45 AM   #42
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

I liked the season, but I really couldn't stand the actor who played Walker. I found him very wooden.
Old 03-06-2014, 09:15 AM   #43
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pretty much enjoyed this season as much as the last. Some great story lines and surprising twists.
-I was blown away not only with the death of Zoe, but how abrupt it was. And yes I am disspointed to see less Kate Mara.
-I'm curious to see how Frank deals with being President now. Every dispicable thing he did was done with the intent of gaining the Presidency, and now that he has accomplished that will he be a benevolent leader? I'm sure there will be much dirtiness with the backroom politics and elections etc... but what are his goals as POTUS?
-The emotions in the show are very interesting. When Claire and Frank hugged when it became apparent he would be taking over, it was a weird feeling. The protagonists accomplished their goal, but by what means?
-Stampers death was surprising, and also leaves a lot of things up in the air as he was Franks only real protection from information the tech guy has (forget his name).
-The threesome was weird. Not really sure why they went that route. It was evident there was something happening with Meechum but I thought it was either a) Meechum was going to bang Claire, or b) They were going to off him somehow.
Old 03-06-2014, 11:19 AM   #44
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'd like to add somethings that did bug me quite a bit.

- As mentioned by another poster, Lucas' obsession with Zoe was pretty forced and for getting nothing reciprocated, it just seemed odd he would go to such lengths.
- When they were looking at the security footage of her death, did no one bring up the idea to re-wind it further to see her standing there for minutes chatting with a shadowy figure, chasing them into the darkness and then being hurled out in front of the train? Pretty easy way to open it up to homicide vs suicide.
Old 03-08-2014, 06:22 PM   #45
Mike F
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ugh, chalk me up as one who hated this season.

I can get behind an anti-hero, or even a good villain as long as there's an anti-hero or some redeeming character also at the centre of the show, but here we have a show focusing on a slimy, d-bag main character who constantly gets his own way due to the stupidity and gullibility of everyone around him who conveniently act just the way he needs for his plans to succeed, and with no likable characters to cleanse the palate.

Frank's letter convincing the President to forget everything that had come before and fall in perfectly with Frank's plan was the final straw for me.

I have no interest in spending any more time in this narrative.
Mike F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 10:34 PM   #46
GP_Matt
First Line Centre

Exp:

I thought Tusk turned because he heard that Remy volunteered to be interviewed by the prosecutor concurrently to his interview at Congress.
He had fired Remy and was worried that Frank got him to turn on him. Once Remy testifies he loses his opportunity to get a deal.

I liked the show but hate the format of dumping all the shows on Netflix at once. There is no timeline for discussing the events and you have to avoid all mention of the show until you have watched the season.
GP_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 12:53 PM   #47
19Yzerman19
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP_Matt View Post
I liked the show but hate the format of dumping all the shows on Netflix at once. There is no timeline for discussing the events and you have to avoid all mention of the show until you have watched the season.
Agree with this.

Just finished. All around great, but I agree that his rise seemed a bit too quick, all things considered. Could have easily taken 3 seasons and not felt lagged. However, they probably have a whole arc predetermined and they have to get through that in the time they have Spacey.
19Yzerman19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 12:57 PM   #48
Zulu29
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone know when season 3 is available?
Zulu29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 01:02 PM   #49
agulati
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulu29 View Post
Anyone know when season 3 is available?
This is the worst part about the entire season being released in a day. I expect it to be released in 2015, but I really hope I am wrong.
agulati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 01:02 PM   #50
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Almost a year from now unfortunately.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 01:43 PM   #51
JonDuke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Seasons 1 and 2 both came out in February, so Feb, 2015 is probably a safe bet.
They haven't even begun shooting the 3rd season yet. I remember hearing something on the radio about the producers trying to squeeze money from Washington and threatening to shoot elsewhere if they didn't get higher tax breaks. I think they shoot in Maryland now.

Waiting almost a full year or not, we're super lucky as this was only supposed to be a 2 season series originally. I would guess that the 3rd will be the final one.
JonDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JonDuke For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2014, 01:09 PM   #52
Regulator75
Franchise Player

Exp:

Finally finished season 2 this morning, what an outstanding show.
I'm not really into politics (US or otherwise) and I really enjoyed it.

More photos on Flickr
Regulator75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 02:31 PM   #53
bizkitgto
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

****SPOILER****

The best part was the cuff-links: F U

How can you not love this show.
bizkitgto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 06:49 PM   #54
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Damn Russians.
http://mashable.com/2014/07/03/russi...filming-at-un/

Little glimpse as to what season 3 is going to offer though.
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 08:25 AM   #55
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

I wish netflix would issue 3 episodes a week for a month to release these series. It would make for better discussion and still be event style TV.

I really didn't need to watch 12 episodes of Orange is the new Black the weekend it came out. With house of cards I took a few extra weeks and I had to preface every conversation about the show with I am only up to episode XX.

3 a week would be a managable amount, would build buzz about the show, and would make it more enjoyable for me.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 10:19 AM   #56
GP_Matt
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
I wish netflix would issue 3 episodes a week for a month to release these series. It would make for better discussion and still be event style TV.

I really didn't need to watch 12 episodes of Orange is the new Black the weekend it came out. With house of cards I took a few extra weeks and I had to preface every conversation about the show with I am only up to episode XX.

3 a week would be a managable amount, would build buzz about the show, and would make it more enjoyable for me.
I couldn't agree more.
Also, I have poor willpower so it is hard to say no when Netflix offers up just one more episode at night.
GP_Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 10:35 AM   #57
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
Agree. I don't mind binge watching stuff, but hate watching something as quick as I can because people who happened to have the day off when it came out won't shut up about it.
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 01:22 PM   #58
Acey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Acey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Acey For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2014, 12:54 PM   #59
Mike F
Franchise Player

Exp:

Launch date for season 3 confirmed as February 27, 2015
Mike F is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mike F For This Useful Post:
Old 12-01-2014, 12:57 PM   #60
Muffins
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Is it too early to call in sick for then?