Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 06-12-2017, 01:52 PM   #41
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
A dude was arguing on CBC a few weeks ago that pizza is a sandwich.

Bread dough. Savoury. Nutritionally complete.

Those are the criteria that in Drew Brown's view, make pizza a sandwich.

"It's a long and convoluted and counter-intuitive argument, but ultimately pizza is a type of hot open-faced sandwich, primarily because the base of the pizza is a bread dough. As we reconstructed a taxonomy of sandwiches, pizza qualifies as a hot open-faced sandwich."

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/the180/not-a...s-so-1.4121904

Adding the pineapple, makes it not a sandwich?
What makes it unsandwhichy for me is that the pizza is cooked onto the raw dough, as opposed to being combined with pre-cooked bread.
blankall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 01:52 PM   #42
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
The way that pineapple softens up when warm is the best part. I also love cooked apples and bananas for the same reason (wouldn't put those on pizza t though).

Hawaiian pizza is great. The way the citrus and sweetness compliments the cheese grease and sweetness from the ham is what does it. If an extra tangy tomato sauce is used, it's fantastic.

We have all sorts of foods that combine sweet and savory. Relish is a condiment that does almost exclusively that.
Nah, it just doesn't do it for me, honestly can't stand it.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 04:27 PM   #43
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
mmm, grilled pineapple! Shake some slices in a bag with brown sugar and cinnamon. Grill about 5 minutes each side. So so good.
The grilled pineapple is my favourite part of going to Bolero. They do it perfectly.
DownInFlames is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DownInFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2017, 06:52 PM   #44
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The way that pineapple softens up when warm is the best part. I also love cooked apples and bananas for the same reason (wouldn't put those on pizza t though).

Hawaiian pizza is great. The way the citrus and sweetness compliments the cheese grease and sweetness from the ham is what does it. If an extra tangy tomato sauce is used, it's fantastic.

We have all sorts of foods that combine sweet and savory. Relish is a condiment that does almost exclusively that.
A place my last job got catering from did a banana, bacon, and chilli pizza. It was pretty good but not something I would order on an entire pizza. The taste was fine but I had trouble with the texture of a mushy banana on a pizza.
Old 06-13-2017, 08:59 AM   #45
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:

There's a few places in town that do it, but PZA on Macloed does a pear gorgonzola that is up there with the best pizzas I've had in the city.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote