Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2013, 10:50 AM   #61
TheyCallMeBruce
Likes Cartoons

Exp:

Was just at beacon hill and was given the run around. A bunch of people had called earlier and was told there would be more copies shipping in. Got there, was 7th in line. 10 mins later there were about 30 people all waiting. Manager comes out at the end and told us we were mislead. Most people had called in advance and was told there would be copies. I only waited for 20 mins but others waited for an hour.
TheyCallMeBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 11:38 AM   #62
Meelapo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Nothing at Country Hills. This deal is most likely done. The hopes getting a cheaper Assassins Creed 4 for the PS4 will have to be put on hold for now.
Meelapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 12:32 PM   #63
stazzy33
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

If anyone got an extra copy Call of Duty: Ghosts for the XBOX 360, could you please shoot me a PM and we could work out a deal!
stazzy33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 01:06 PM   #64
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have to laugh at Futureshop and Bestbuy's statement on not expecting Boxing Day like lines as the reason to why this promo became a gong show. You're letting people trade any game for one of three new games. Of course you're going to get ######ed lines.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 01:38 PM   #65
TSXCman
First Line Centre

Exp:

I'm usually all over these deals and completely missed it. Assuming Calgary stock is gone now?
TSXCman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 01:54 PM   #66
1_Flames_Fan
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I think the whole province is cleaned out. Probably the best video game trade in deal I've ever seen, maybe even deal period. Hope everyone who wanted a game was able to get one.
1_Flames_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 02:02 PM   #67
Mccree
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_Flames_Fan View Post
I think the whole province is cleaned out. Probably the best video game trade in deal I've ever seen, maybe even deal period. Hope everyone who wanted a game was able to get one.
Nope but I am lazy and didn't want to wait in line

Mccree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 02:08 PM   #68
To Be Quite Honest
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_H8_Crawford View Post
Sucks to be you, but honestly I don't give a crap what you think - this has helped out with my X-mas shopping for the year - nephews and friends taken care of.
I'm sure you don't give a crap. That's the actual issue.
To Be Quite Honest is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to To Be Quite Honest For This Useful Post:
Old 11-10-2013, 02:16 PM   #69
Ben_in_Canada
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I started calling around at 6pm last night when I learned of the deal, all stores I called said they were out of everything.
Ben_in_Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 06:00 PM   #70
Codes
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Out of curiosity, I swung by both Best Buy and Futureshop in Lethbridge today, and both stores had signs posted that they were out of stock for all games on all platforms. This was late in the day, so I'm not sure if new stock was brought in and depleted, or if they're out completely.
Old 11-10-2013, 09:47 PM   #71
TjRhythmic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I got the 2 games I wanted... COD and BF4.

Went by the store last night after to see if there was any left, and then asked if they'd be restocked, and the answer was no both times.

So a 3 day promotion pretty much ended in half a day. Manager was telling me that they weren't expecting it to get like it did... once it went viral, it was pretty much over.

Last edited by TjRhythmic; 11-11-2013 at 03:37 AM.
TjRhythmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 09:51 PM   #72
Violator
On Hiatus

Exp:

Some pictures included in the article from twitter

http://www.ecanadanow.com/science/20...fer-ends-soon/

Brampton Ontario
Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:52 AM   #73
C Squared
Backup Goalie

Exp:

If anybody has an extra copies of COD or Battlefield for PS3 shoot me a PM. Maybe we can make a deal.

Thanks
C Squared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:31 PM   #74
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

I decided to take a chance and and check out the Future Shop on Robson & Granville and the Cambie Best Buy but both had signs up saying they were out of stock.

The only thing I can say I'm a bit bummed out on is not being able to spend $10 instead of $40 on the PS4 version of AC4 after upgrading. I can wait for the PC version of COD:G and BF4 to go on sale.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:24 PM   #75
cKy
First Line Centre

Exp:

I was in line @9:45 on Saturday @ the Langford BC location. Had about 100ish people infront of me. They only let in groups of 5 people at a time. They ran out of AC4 after about 15 people. I got to the front of the line @ about 12:30 and they said they only had COD available - had both consoles though. I tried to get 1 of each console, but they said no. Understandable.

The people in line with me where pretty fun to chat too. The manager went and got everyone in line hot chocolate. It was about 10 degrees outside, so it was fine. The manager found out about the deal on Friday @ 5PM when the phones lit up like an xmas tree - they didnt have time to get any stock.

He said the usual truck delivery is on Mondays - but Video Games stock usually doesnt arrive until Tuesday - How convenient.

I didnt even want any of the games, it was going to be trade bait for something (probably GTA5 since the PC date is too F'n far away), but i'll take what I can get for basically free - aside from my time.

*edit: I had a friend stand in line @ the Uptown store (main Victoria one). He was there @ 9:30 - they let everyone into the store @ the same time, and he got out of there around 4. He literally wasted the whole day there. He only got 2 games as well I believe.

Last edited by cKy; 11-11-2013 at 02:27 PM.
cKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 03:16 PM   #76
1_Flames_Fan
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

If anyone got an extra BF:4 and or Assassins Creed:Black Flag for PS3 only and will sell cheap please message me. I thought I had something arranged but it fell through. Thanks guys.
1_Flames_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:06 PM   #77
flamesfan6
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cKy View Post
*edit: I had a friend stand in line @ the Uptown store (main Victoria one). He was there @ 9:30 - they let everyone into the store @ the same time, and he got out of there around 4. He literally wasted the whole day there. He only got 2 games as well I believe.
i got there at 10:15 am and left as soon as I got into the store, looked like at least a 2-3 hour wait but apparently it was like 6? (i walked into store, walked out instantly)

I don't understand why people would spend 8 hours of their time for the sake of $60, do they really not value their time?

edit - I really hope people didn't blow off work to save $60 .. because if they did and earned say 12 dollars an hour, they lost money.. which i guess is kind of funny to think about it now

Last edited by flamesfan6; 11-11-2013 at 05:11 PM.
flamesfan6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:13 PM   #78
cKy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesfan6 View Post
i got there at 10:15 am and left as soon as I got into the store, looked like at least a 2-3 hour wait but apparently it was like 6? (i walked into store, walked out instantly)

I don't understand why people would spend 8 hours of their time for the sake of $60, do they really not value their time?

edit - I really hope people didn't blow off work to save $60 .. because if they did and earned say 12 dollars an hour, they lost money.. which i guess is kind of funny to think about it now
Well he ended up getting all 3 games, so $180. He has no kids, no gf, and no family nearby. He didnt blow off work, and would probably just sat @ home and did nothing except play games during that time anyways. Atleast he got something out of it.

Old 11-11-2013, 05:14 PM   #79
flamesfan6
First Line Centre

Exp:

Was speaking more generally, not to that specific guy by the way..

And if futureshop actually did it properly (as their rules say) it would of just been $60 for anyone.
flamesfan6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:15 PM   #80
cKy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Yeah, I only brought in 2 games - and brought my gf with me as I thought it was a 1 per customer type thing. Then I saw people with 3+ and walking out with 3 new ones. I was tempted to run home and get a 3rd game, but I figured there would be stock issues anyways - turns out I was right.