Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2014, 01:35 PM   #21
Ace
First Line Centre

Exp:

Just to add: spud has always been no hassle refunds. If the milk is too close to expiry, or the lettuce spoils quickly they refund just like that.

Last edited by Ace; 10-21-2014 at 04:06 PM.
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 07:51 PM   #22
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

My new condo building that I take possession of in about 2 weeks, will have a refrigerated room set up for Spud deliveries.
I haven't used them before, but will definitely take advantage of trying it with that convenience in mind.
Having them deliver through the concierge and ready for pick up when I get home will be pretty awesome.
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Winsor_Pilates For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2014, 08:12 PM   #23
Cortez
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Me and the wife use SPUD so I figure I should add my 2 cents.

Great service and as mentioned they are very good about issues / refunds. One thing I will caution is receiving deliveries in cold weather if nobody is home. We ordered one Friday and the wife thought she would be home- she had to run out for whatever reason on a very cold day. When I got home from work the bin was on our step and the produce was obviously frozen. I figured they would put some type of insulation in the bin to try and keep it warm but there was nothing. The produce was ruined but as mentioned they refunded everything. We've been sure not to order in below zero temperature again just to avoid any potential issues so they could have done something about this since then, but other then that they have been great.
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 09:02 PM   #24
SportsJunky
Uncle Chester

Exp:

Now that's a well designed website.
SportsJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 09:44 PM   #25
FurnaceFace
Franchise Player

Exp:

We've used them for a few years now and I'll echo what others have said. They have good customer service, will always refund, and for the most part their products are all good.

I've noticed they have been putting in cardboard to try and add some insulation and we typically get the box delivered late afternoon or evening when we're typically home so it isn't outside for long.

Hockey is just a game the way ice cream is just glucose, love is just
a feeling, and sex is just repetitive motion.

___________________________________- A Theory of Ice
FurnaceFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 10:17 PM   #26
wooohooo
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsor_Pilates View Post
My new condo building that I take possession of in about 2 weeks, will have a refrigerated room set up for Spud deliveries.
I haven't used them before, but will definitely take advantage of trying it with that convenience in mind.
Having them deliver through the concierge and ready for pick up when I get home will be pretty awesome.
Dang man... that sounds like a pretty sick set up you have.
wooohooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 11:03 PM   #27
Chill Cosby
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Sounds interesting. Is there a way to know exactly when on your delivery day they'll deliver (do they give you a heads up? Or can you schedule a time? Is it the same every week?).
Chill Cosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 11:31 PM   #28
Bent Wookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chill Cosby View Post
Sounds interesting. Is there a way to know exactly when on your delivery day they'll deliver (do they give you a heads up? Or can you schedule a time? Is it the same every week?).
Have been using it for around 2 years... heck, maybe longer. It's been fantastic.

Items are delivered in large rubbermaid bins and left at your doorstep. Items that are frozen or need some sort of refrigeration are packed with cold packs and will last all day. Once you unpack your order, put the bins back out and they take them back when they deliver the following week.

In addition, you can actually create a meal plan on their site and they will deliver all the ingredients for the week.

Super friendly delivery drivers too. On one delivery the driver rang the bell as he dropped off the containers. By the time I answered the door, he was back at his truck. He waved and yelled, "Eat well my friend!" as he drove off.
Old 10-23-2014, 08:31 PM   #29
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Hmm...groceries from Spud were supposed to arrive at 4pm and still haven't shown up. Is it common for them to be late (or a no-show)?
Calgary14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 08:43 PM   #30
Violator
On Hiatus

Exp:

Just saw the spud van get into an accident
Violator is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Violator For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2014, 09:28 PM   #31
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

You guys know about the SPUD codes, right?
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 09:32 PM   #32
Righteous1
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

hahaha i made a fake online grocery store for school project like 12 years ago. sweet!
Righteous1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 10:29 PM   #33
Chill Cosby
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie View Post
you guys know about the spud codes, right?

expand
Chill Cosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 11:11 PM   #34
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's been quite a while since I logged in but...somewhere in the "my/your account" area there are referral codes - if you get a friend to sign up/use that code, you get X amount of money applied to your account ($40??) which you can use to discount another order. So say you give that code out here, and 8 people use it, you get $40 credit per person. Something like that anyway. Poke around your account, there should be something there.
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Minnie For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2014, 10:24 AM   #35
MillerTime GFG
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie View Post
It's been quite a while since I logged in but...somewhere in the "my/your account" area there are referral codes - if you get a friend to sign up/use that code, you get X amount of money applied to your account ($40??) which you can use to discount another order. So say you give that code out here, and 8 people use it, you get $40 credit per person. Something like that anyway. Poke around your account, there should be something there.
My wife uses those all the time. We've probably got over $500 in free stuff this year just from referrals.
MillerTime GFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 10:54 AM   #36
Ducay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Righteous1 View Post
hahaha i made a fake online grocery store for school project like 12 years ago. sweet!
Oddly enough, Spud.ca was started 11 years ago by a retired teacher.
Ducay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ducay For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2014, 11:45 AM   #37
Ace
First Line Centre

Exp:

If you use an existing customers referral code you get $40 in free groceries and so does the referrer.

The referral codes are all over the web, we used some random one when we signed up as nobody we knew was using it, PM if you want ours...
Old 10-24-2014, 06:54 PM   #38
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

If anyone wants to check it out, you can get $40 off your first order of $60 or more (a huge savings).

Referral Code: CRCAL-WESJAD

The first order arrived last night and the products look great
Calgary14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 11:29 PM   #39
gladaki
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary14 View Post
We are trying them out this week. As you can probably guess, price is a big issue so I made sure the prices on all items we will be buying are comparable. They are, and in fact cheaper for some items compared to the traditional grocery store. The downside is that they only deliver once per week so you can't get multiple deliveries if you need something quick or forgot to order something
So price is comparable to superstore?
gladaki is offline   Reply With Quote