Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2014, 01:18 AM   #3721
squiggs96
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oling_Roachinen View Post
Got wifi, was going over the roles real quickly. Some of them make sense. Jack of all trades makes sense for Mario considering his diversity. Wireframe makes GGG unvulnerable to lynch because of his defense, Captain Falcon is apparently an excellent bounty hunter. Etc.

However, some of them make less sense like why Donkey Kong is a gravedigger and Zelda was a roleblocker. But this caught my attention:

The roleblocker was town. Squiggs96 power is to stop the roleblocker! The roleblocker who was a townie. His power is real, but it's to help the mafia.

[unvote]
Vote: Squiggs96
My power allows someone I pick to have all of their actions for through any restrictions. I take this to mean the roleblocker as well as any redirections or deflections. Pika is certain there are mafia members who have a power that I can nullify. You can continue to bring this up, but you will continue to be wrong, and will look foolish when I flip town. Being that I am back in Canada, and fairly active, you won't even be able to use the excuse that I don't contribute much and haven't found any scum. Pika will point out that you haven't found any scum, and if you rally the vote to lynch me, you'll have voted out one more townie. That won't look good on you, and you should become an immediate target when I flip town. Even someone like GGG, who I voted for on three straight days (two of which you followed me shortly thereafter), has mentioned that I have town characteristics. Pika's not mafia, and if you continue to press the issue you are wasting your time, my time, the town's time and are helping mafia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Jesus this site these days
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnet Flame View Post
He just seemed like a very nice person. I loved Squiggy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I should probably stop posting at this point
squiggs96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 01:21 AM   #3722
Drury18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
And it could just be because he got saved. Nothing at all in the flavour to suggest that could be a possibility?
Nothing. No threats, no warnings, no cautions. Not even a questionable read between the lines sentence, it was all straightforward. Here's your power, you can only use it after the hammer or deadline, here's the phrase to use, you can't use it on yourself.

I don't see at all how the vote could have come from me. If there was something in my PM that made caution that using my powers had consequences I could understand it, but there was nothing like that.
Drury18 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Drury18 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2014, 01:33 AM   #3723
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by squiggs96 View Post
Pika has nothing revealable at this time.
You don't want to reveal, you have nothing to reveal, or you can't reveal?

And what's the flavour for your move? What's the name and what's the reasoning behind it?
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Oling_Roachinen For This Useful Post:
GGG
Old 10-25-2014, 01:39 AM   #3724
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathji View Post
I am not saying anything about the powers I have left. Your mafia buddies will need to figure that out on their own.

Vote: GGG
Rathji,

Not sure if you ever answered but do you have any powers left.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 01:40 AM   #3725
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
You don't want to reveal, you have nothing to reveal, or you can't reveal?

And what's the flavour for your move? What's the name and what's the reasoning behind it?
Check out Jaime benn in lockout mafia for my theory.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2014, 01:45 AM   #3726
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
Check out Jaime benn in lockout mafia for my theory.
There was nothing stopping him from revealing his power, just his post restrictions.

If Squiggs96 gave the doctor to Dissentowner, he needs to tell us why Diss when there are confirmed townies. If he tried to save Starseed and Puxlut, let us know so we can consider.

Right now he target Puxlut last night, he already knew that the poison and kill didn't work, why did he think the fire had a chance? Why did he leave my tracking unprotected? And why hasn't he revealed all his night actions?
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Oling_Roachinen For This Useful Post:
GGG
Old 10-25-2014, 06:44 AM   #3727
Rathji
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
Rathji,

Not sure if you ever answered but do you have any powers left.
Nor sure why it matters to be honest. Nothing game breaking, if that's what you are asking about.
Old 10-25-2014, 07:25 AM   #3728
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Nor sure why it matters to be honest. Nothing game breaking, if that's what you are asking about.
Then you won't mind disclosing what they are.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 08:01 AM   #3729
Rathji
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Then you won't mind disclosing what they are.
If you are asking, then I certainly do.
Old 10-25-2014, 08:10 AM   #3730
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
If you are asking, then I certainly do.
See, this is exactly what I am talking about. Look at past mafia games and how defensive scum are. I don't care what his power was, he posts like a scum because he is hyper defensive. He is either scum or a townie who can't hack the game. I am banking on the former. Either way he should go, guy has lost it and I don't see any better leads. It would be worth it just to end his childish behavior.

Unvote
Vote: Rathji
Old 10-25-2014, 08:14 AM   #3731
Rathji
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
See, this is exactly what I am talking about. Look at past mafia games and how defensive scum are. I don't care what his power was, he posts like a scum because he is hyper defensive. He is either scum or a townie who can't hack the game. I am banking on the former. Either way he should go, guy has lost it and I don't see any better leads. It would be worth it just to end his childish behavior.

Unvote
Vote: Rathji
Dude, I could tell you that I have a power that stops a mafia night kill and gives the town an extra lynch and you would probably think it was a mafia power.... Oh wait, that already happened.
Old 10-25-2014, 08:18 AM   #3732
Rathji
Franchise Player

Exp:

Let me clarify, any power that I have left will not give any new info to the town and would be neutered is the mafia knew what it was.
GGG
Old 10-25-2014, 08:20 AM   #3733
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Actually it might work out good if I get lynched, flip town, and then maybe people will pay attention to the obvious. Remember how we were told we were being lead around by scum? Seriously, go back and look at Rathji's posts, his actions, his use of his power when it would not effect his scum buddies. I think him and GS each had a tough power for their respectable sides and the challenge was to find a way to use it without hurting their faction. GS is town, if she dies the scum get two night kills, she has to find a way to get around that or work with the town to limit the damage. Rathji's skipped a night, it takes away a night kill for them which is the down side but at least it does not allow night actions. The most telling sign though is Rathji's crazy defensive posts once I sniffed him out. Again, I am happy to take a lynch tonight providing that once I flip town, the town finally figures out who the wolf in sheeps clothing is and lynch Rathji.
Old 10-25-2014, 08:22 AM   #3734
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Dude, I could tell you that I have a power that stops a mafia night kill and gives the town an extra lynch and you would probably think it was a mafia power.... Oh wait, that already happened.
And GS has a power that gives the scum an extra night but she seems a hell of a lot more town than you? How was that power worded Rathji? What was the flavour behind it?
Old 10-25-2014, 08:26 AM   #3735
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

As Timbo pointed out, it makes sense one of the two who have these types of powers are scum. If you had GS's and you were scum would you actually disclose that to the town? You would be crazy to.
Old 10-25-2014, 08:28 AM   #3736
Rathji
Franchise Player

Exp:

It was Ness's PK Starkill ability. I made the sky glow or something that was so bright it made the night skip. I had to use it the night beforehand.

Actually, my original plan was to do my one shot kill plan, nail mafia, then lynch mafia, skip night and lynch again. I screwed this up though, as I forgot that I needed to activate it the night before. When formulate turned out SK and didn't give us any connections, it turned out to not matter of much.
Old 10-25-2014, 08:30 AM   #3737
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well we shall see, you think I am scum, I think you are. Chances are with the way the town mindeset is I will get lynched first. When I flip town then what? You have led the lynch against me with a vengeance.
Old 10-25-2014, 08:37 AM   #3738
Rathji
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Well we shall see, you think I am scum, I think you are. Chances are with the way the town mindeset is I will get lynched first. When I flip town then what? You have led the lynch against me with a vengeance.
If one of us is wrong, wouldn't be the first time.

My main reason to be focused on you is that you insist my power could be scum and trying to distract from any hunting of the real scum.

You are doing a good job of it, seem to be increasing and won't listen to reason and logic. That means that you are happy with the distraction.

A townie wouldn't do this.

There is no way I get lynched unless it is mafia driven. I am 100% confident in this, which is why I don't want to reveal my remaining power. You guys will need to pile on and identify yourselves.
Old 10-25-2014, 08:39 AM   #3739
Rathji
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
It was Ness's PK Starkill ability. I made the sky glow or something that was so bright it made the night skip. I had to use it the night beforehand.

Actually, my original plan was to do my one shot kill plan, nail mafia, then lynch mafia, skip night and lynch again. I screwed this up though, as I forgot that I needed to activate it the night before. When formulate turned out SK and didn't give us any connections, it turned out to not matter of much.
Just went back and reviewed the power, it is actually called PK Starstorm and the night glowed when when I called meteors down.
Old 10-25-2014, 08:43 AM   #3740
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
If one of us is wrong, wouldn't be the first time.

My main reason to be focused on you is that you insist my power could be scum and trying to distract from any hunting of the real scum.

You are doing a good job of it, seem to be increasing and won't listen to reason and logic. That means that you are happy with the distraction.

A townie wouldn't do this.

There is no way I get lynched unless it is mafia driven. I am 100% confident in this, which is why I don't want to reveal my remaining power. You guys will need to pile on and identify yourselves.
Except if I was scum I would not be so bold as to drive the attention at you, that would be foolish on my part. Look at the arrogance in your post. Nobody will touch me because my power is obviously light and I don't need to disclose my powers even though everybody else did, and only a mafia driven mob will lynch me! This is a total scum post. Make anybody afraid to cast a vote your way because that would most certainly make them look mafia right? It is a good plan, but I am not buying it.

Tags
edmonton is no good , mafia , super smash brothers , vancouver is no good