Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

nm...wrong thread
Johnny Rotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:07 PM   #283
Pierre "Monster" McGuire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Great interview by Ryan Pinder with PL3 tonight. He sounds like a really great team guy. He said he loves his job as an enforcer and says he loves to protect his teammates. He said if his fighting will open up ice for his teammates so they can win games, then he's going to do just that. He also said he's very fond of the Flames organization because they take great care of their players by continuously checking up on them.

Also, to the Leblond haters, he's had 13 fights in his 30 Heat games this season; most of those fights coming in the last 15 or so games. I'm glad he's found his niche on this team. Hope he can get a permanent 13th forward spot with the Flames next season.
Pierre "Monster" McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pierre "Monster" McGuire For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2012, 12:52 AM   #284
Pierre "Monster" McGuire
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've been very impressed with Estoclet since he's joined the Heat. He now has 7 points in 6 games. He arrived at just the right time for the Heat to give them some offence.

The best part is that he's only 22 years old and you can bet with all the contracts coming off the books on July 1st, Ward and the guys are definitely taking notice of his play.

The best way I can sum up the way Estoclet plays is a Carter Bancks with more offence.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pierre "Monster" McGuire For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2012, 01:07 AM   #285
Svartsengi
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre "Monster" McGuire View Post
I've been very impressed with Estoclet since he's joined the Heat. He now has 7 points in 6 games. He arrived at just the right time for the Heat to give them some offence.

The best part is that he's only 22 years old and you can bet with all the contracts coming off the books on July 1st, Ward and the guys are definitely taking notice of his play.

The best way I can sum up the way Estoclet plays is a Carter Bancks with more offence.
I noticed him in the boxscores alot since Abby got him. I hope he continues his scoring. Flames may give him a two way deal like Bancks. do you think that is possible from watching him play?. I know he hasn't been there long it may be an unfair question.
Svartsengi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 01:16 AM   #286
Pierre "Monster" McGuire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svartsengi View Post
I noticed him in the boxscores alot since Abby got him. I hope he continues his scoring. Flames may give him a two way deal like Bancks. do you think that is possible from watching him play?. I know he hasn't been there long it may be an unfair question.
It's tough to say. First, he hasn't been around long, so it's a small sample size. Secondly, he is shining on a team with few stars on it and maybe that's helping.

It'll be interesting to see how he does when/if Kolanos, Bouma, Horak, and Rheault come back.

If he can still play like he is now, I think he could be an awesome 3rd line energy guy with good offensive upside.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pierre "Monster" McGuire For This Useful Post:
Old 02-26-2012, 01:42 AM   #287
flames_fan13
First Line Centre

Exp:

Estcolot seems to be a good surprise for the Heat. Small sample with the Heat so far but may earn a contract with his good play, especially if he can keep it up.

Also Nemisz is on fire since coming back from his injury. I think he's had a point in all but 1 game since coming back, including an assist tonight.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:52 PM   #288
flames_fan13
First Line Centre

Exp:

Heat lose in a shootout 4-3 to Peoria. Escolot with a pair and Nemisz with the other. Irving stopped 36 of 39 shots.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:10 PM   #289
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

wow, Estoclet is really a great pick-up by the Heat. Kudos to whoever found this guy - he didn't exactly lit it up for the Griffins, so either the Heat's scouting is excellent or they just got lucky. Also the lone Heat player who scored in the shootout tonight.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:34 AM   #290
Pierre "Monster" McGuire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just found out that Lanny Freaking McDonald will be doing a meet and greet in Abbotsford for the Thusday, March 29th game vs. the Chicago Wolves! When the season ticket holders were suggesting the Heat bring in some Flames alumni to help fill the seats, I thought "bullcrap, that will never happen". But, to my pleasant surprise, Ryan Walter really pulled through and got Lanny to wander around the arena for the night signing autographs and shaking hands.

I'm pretty excited about this haha.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pierre "Monster" McGuire For This Useful Post:
Old 02-29-2012, 03:16 PM   #291
mennoknight
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Just found out that Lanny Freaking McDonald will be doing a meet and greet in Abbotsford for the Thusday, March 29th game vs. the Chicago Wolves! When the season ticket holders were suggesting the Heat bring in some Flames alumni to help fill the seats, I thought "bullcrap, that will never happen". But, to my pleasant surprise, Ryan Walter really pulled through and got Lanny to wander around the arena for the night signing autographs and shaking hands.

I'm pretty excited about this haha.
oh man oh man oh man oh man

I am bringing my Lanny doll and my son and my ugly Lanny sweater and I'm going to cry
Old 02-29-2012, 03:41 PM   #292
hansmoleman
Backup Goalie

Exp:
lanny

Quote:
Originally Posted by mennoknight View Post
oh man oh man oh man oh man

I am bringing my Lanny doll and my son and my ugly Lanny sweater and I'm going to cry
Whats your deal? The guy likes Lanny give him a break, I think Pierre is one of the best posters on the site. If you have ever ran into Lanny around town you cant say you dont get a little excited, the guy is a legend.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:23 PM   #293
mennoknight
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Uh, i actually have a Lanny doll. I am being 100 % genuine. I almost pooped when i heard the news.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:02 PM   #294
Pierre "Monster" McGuire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just listened to an interview between Ryan Pinder and Heat assistant coach Luke Strand. It turns out that Luke Strand was the mastermind behind acquiring Adam Estoclet.

Estoclet has been skating and training with Strand for the last couple of offseasons. Strand said he really likes what Estoclet brings to Heat because, like Kolanos, he'll shoot from anywhere and everywhere. Plus he's got a wicked wrist shot. He's especially happy with the kind of chemistry the Jessiman-Walter-Estoclet line has. Jessiman brings toughness and is impossible to knock off the puck. Walter has very good hockey IQ and is one of the best playmakers in the league. And Estoclet is a high energy sniper.

If Estoclet keeps this kind of play up, I could see him getting an invite to Flames camp next season. No question.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pierre "Monster" McGuire For This Useful Post:
Old 02-29-2012, 08:27 PM   #295
LockedOut
Franchise Player

Exp:

Howse get's his 2nd goal tonight.
LockedOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:05 PM   #296
flames_fan13
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockedOut View Post
Howse get's his 2nd goal tonight.
And the shootout winner. 3-2 Heat final.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:10 PM   #297
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is Kolanos out with an injury?

I realize he may have hurt his ankle in his last game against Phoenix, but I thought you couldn't waive an injured player?

Pretty sure if he was healthy he'd be dressing for the Heat right now....
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 09:20 PM   #298
Pierre "Monster" McGuire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
Is Kolanos out with an injury?

I realize he may have hurt his ankle in his last game against Phoenix, but I thought you couldn't waive an injured player?

Pretty sure if he was healthy he'd be dressing for the Heat right now....
Apparently Kolanos is listed as day-to-day. Maybe they can send him down when it's not a really bad injury. Not sure about why he didn't play tonight, but it may have something to do with that whole AHL veteran rules thing. Since signing Jessiman, maybe Kolanos was unable to play. Who knows.

What I'm more worried about is the fact that Byron didn't dress tonight. I didn't catch the pre-game show, so he may be injured as well. I can't imagine the kind of fire power this team would have with Rheault, Kolanos, and Byron back in the lineup combined with the way Estoclet and Nemisz have been playing.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pierre "Monster" McGuire For This Useful Post:
Old 03-01-2012, 04:30 AM   #299
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Not sure about why he didn't play tonight, but it may have something to do with that whole AHL veteran rules thing. Since signing Jessiman, maybe Kolanos was unable to play. Who knows.
I don't think that the Heat have a problem with the veteran rule ... you can use six vets with 260+ games and one more with 320+ games. The only players on the Heat who fall in that category are Laing, Walter, Kolanos, Wilson, Desbiens and Jessiman, so I think they can all play at the same time. Piskula will fall in that category next year, but ahead of this season, he had "just" 258 games. Other vets like PL³ and Henry also don't have 260 games yet.

Quote:
If Estoclet keeps this kind of play up, I could see him getting an invite to Flames camp next season. No question.
I have no doubt he'll get invited. At least give him an AHL deal with the possibility of an NHL deal later, couldn't hurt given the way he has played for Abby.

Good news on Howse getting the goal and the SO winner. @ Pierre, how is he playing in general at the moment?
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:09 PM   #300
mennoknight
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Mr. McGuire - re: the Lanny thing - have the Heat made an official announcement for this game yet? I want to make sure I book the next day off work if it's really happening on the Thursday, and not the Friday night. Do you have a link? I can't seem to find anything on the team's site.

Tags
heat