Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2010, 12:33 PM   #81
Salt Water Cowboy #10
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Because of all the crazy twists in this show, I'm not convinced that Jesse shot Gale. You hear the gun go off, but who know's whats gonna happen? Either way the next season should be awesome too. can't wait.
Salt Water Cowboy #10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 12:51 PM   #82
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt Water Cowboy #10 View Post
Because of all the crazy twists in this show, I'm not convinced that Jesse shot Gale. You hear the gun go off, but who know's whats gonna happen? Either way the next season should be awesome too. can't wait.
Spoiler below in white.

Alan Sepinwall interviewed Vince Gilligan and brought up this possibility because of the perceived movement of the gun in the shot. It's not supposed to be ambiguous. Gale got shot.

http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-al...s-season-three
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2010, 06:54 PM   #83
Captain_Obvious
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

http://www.bettercallsaul.com/
Captain_Obvious is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Captain_Obvious For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2010, 07:49 PM   #84
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't understand why they were going to kill Walt; did Gale really have the entire scoop?
Old 06-15-2010, 02:03 AM   #85
Captain_Obvious
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machiavelli View Post
I don't understand why they were going to kill Walt; did Gale really have the entire scoop?
The low key Boss man (owner of the Chicken Chain) seemed really upset that Walt "put them all at risk" with his hasty actions...

I got the impression (especially when you take in to consideration his chat with Gale about Walt's "grim" medical condition) that they considered him a loose cannon and wanted him out of the picture asap.

You could tell when he was pushing Gale... insisting he'd be ready after he saw one more cook.

The next season will be interesting, and I loved the interview above where they concede they are making it up as they go along and have no idea where it will go from the final gunshot until they resume writing in a few months.

Fantastic television.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:55 AM   #86
BlackEleven
Redundant Minister of Redundancy

Exp:

Man, that was an incredible ending. I'm still a little skeptical that Jesse actually shot Gail, despite what the writers say; they could be deliberately misleading us. I could see Jesse just firing a shot into the air and then telling Gail to get out of town and never come back and he'll kill him if he ever sees him again. Or he could have actually shot him. You never know with this show. I never would have guessed Walt would have fired a round into a gangster point blank before the last show either...

I have to think Gus' comment about the Mexican cartel "probing our weaknesses" is foreshadowing for the next season. Obviously Walt is a big weakness in Gus' operation now. I could see him negotiating himself a job with the Mexicans next season leading to an all out war between the two cartels.

Last edited by BlackEleven; 06-15-2010 at 09:00 AM.
BlackEleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 09:07 AM   #87
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackEleven View Post
Man, that was an incredible ending. I'm still a little skeptical that Jesse actually shot Gail, despite what the writers say; they could be deliberately misleading us. I could see Jesse just firing a shot into the air and then telling Gail to get out of town and never come back and he'll kill him if he ever sees him again. Or he could have actually shot him. You never know with this show. I never would have guessed Walt would have fired a round into a gangster point blank before the last show either...

I have to think Gus' comment about the Mexican cartel "probing our weaknesses" is foreshadowing for the next season. Obviously Walt is a big weakness in Gus' operation now. I could see him negotiating himself a job with the Mexicans next season leading to an all out war between the two cartels.
I see it quite differently. Gus needs Walt to keep making quality product and keep the money coming in if he's going to go to war with the cartel. The Cartel won't care about having Walt's product as much as having the territory.

Also, from the start I think Gale was meant to be a replacement for Walt which is really why Walt got Jesse brought in.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 09:21 AM   #88
BlackEleven
Redundant Minister of Redundancy

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
I see it quite differently. Gus needs Walt to keep making quality product and keep the money coming in if he's going to go to war with the cartel. The Cartel won't care about having Walt's product as much as having the territory.

Also, from the start I think Gale was meant to be a replacement for Walt which is really why Walt got Jesse brought in.
I didn't mean that Gus doesn't need Walt, I meant Walt is a threat to Gus because Walt knows that Gus is trying to replace him. So Walt may negotiate a deal with the Mexican cartel where he makes the product that he's so famous for in exchange for protection against Gus. If the Mexican's get their hands on the product that's become so popular in Gus' territory, it will be a lot easier for them to take over.

Walt has bought himself some time if Gail is out of the picture, but Gus will still try and replace him at the first opportunity. I don't think there's any going back to the way things were now, so I would think Walt is going to have to find himself more protection than just some extra time next season.

I'm not convinced Gus intended to have Gail replace Walt from the very beginning. Otherwise, why would he let Walt fire Gail in favour of Jesse? If that was his intention I think he would have killed Jesse long ago by making it look like an overdose or something that would not lead back to him.
BlackEleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:19 AM   #89
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thanks for the link. I love how he says that he doens't see the series going past 5 seasons. Better to end on a 'leave them wanting more' note then overstay their welcome. And l think all of us just know it's going to end badly for some characters. You can't just make meth...lol. I have a feeling we will see Hank's character come into play next season and the pressure will really be on Walt.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 01:40 PM   #90
Machiavelli
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Obvious View Post
I got the impression (especially when you take in to consideration his chat with Gale about Walt's "grim" medical condition) that they considered him a loose cannon and wanted him out of the picture asap.
Well yes, I know all that. But I got the impression that Gale wasn't quite ready yet.

Oh well.
Old 06-15-2010, 04:43 PM   #91
Captain_Obvious
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machiavelli View Post
Well yes, I know all that. But I got the impression that Gale wasn't quite ready yet.

Oh well.

You said you didn't understand why they were going to kill Walt.

It seemed pretty straight forward.

They were more worried about erasing a loose cannon than rushing Gail in to his spot before he was 100% ready.

Gus heard Gail stuttering and essentially saying he wasn't ready before sternly telling him he would be ready after one more cook.
Old 06-15-2010, 04:53 PM   #92
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

I loved the Gus and Gale conversation because even though it was ostensibly about Walt's cancer, it was pretty clear that Gale knew exactly what was going down. So it left just a little bit of moral ambiguity there: even Gale is not a 100% innocent character.
octothorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:14 AM   #93
jhunt223
Scoring Winger

Exp:

If that poster is any indication of how season 4 is going to go, which i assume it is, Breaking Bad looks poised to continue its reign as the best show on tv.

Just one more month.
jhunt223 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jhunt223 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2011, 07:47 AM   #94
Yasa
First Line Centre

Exp:

It's probably been mentioned before, but I am continually impressed with Brian Cranston. It's really unfortunate he's gone nearly unnoticed by the spotlight until now. Or maybe it's for the best? His range of characters is awesome. From Hal to Walt is a change only a few could pull off. When I look at him as Walt, I don't see Hal at all and vice versa. I hope he gets more roles once BB ends.

Kudos to AMC too, I don't know what they did but they're giving HBO some healthy competition and I think they have a wider audience which really boosts them. Hopefully they don't start thinking they're invincible and start going downhill (although I think some will argue that Walking Dead and The Killing are poor in comparison.)

In any case;

Last edited by Yasa; 06-13-2011 at 07:54 AM.
Yasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 07:02 AM   #95
To Be Quite Honest
Franchise Player

Exp:

It seems Breaking Bad is going to be split up like the Walking Dead was.

Season 5 News.

Season Starts this July!

Brian Cranston Interview.

Here

Last edited by To Be Quite Honest; 04-21-2012 at 07:07 AM.
To Be Quite Honest is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to To Be Quite Honest For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2012, 07:16 AM   #96
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

That's going to be a loooong four month + break.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:29 AM   #97
Ark2
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by To Be Quite Honest View Post
It seems Breaking Bad is going to be split up like the Walking Dead was.

Season 5 News.

Season Starts this July!

Brian Cranston Interview.

Here
Fake, crappy fan made trailer. Total mood killer.
Ark2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ark2 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2012, 07:32 AM   #98
To Be Quite Honest
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ark2 View Post
Fake, crappy fan made trailer. Total mood killer.
Here then grump.

Old 04-21-2012, 07:47 AM   #99
To Be Quite Honest
Franchise Player

Exp:

My favorite and most memorable scene.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to To Be Quite Honest For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2012, 01:42 PM   #100
Daradon
Has lived the dream!

Exp:

I think this got missed in the Entertainment forum move...

But yeah, waiting for the next season is driving me crazy!

(Spoilers are only spoilers if you are not caught up)

I'm not sure how they will finish everything off in season 5. Seems like they have a lot to start up just to get the plot moving again because of the way season 4 ended, just to end the series at the end of the season.
Spoiler!

The loose ends seem to be
Spoiler!

And of course they have to figure out a way to kill Walt. Of course, no one knows if he will die for sure, but the laws of literature pretty much deem that he has to.

But, I could see it being one of those series that because of it's popularity, is extended for one more season past the first projected end date. And that, in my opinion, would make it easier to finish off, cause I don't know how they restart after the big ending last season, only to finish it off 12 episodes later. Would not be surprised to see a season 6.

Last edited by Daradon; 04-21-2012 at 01:53 PM.
Daradon is offline   Reply With Quote