Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2012, 10:13 AM   #221
fredr123
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by East Coast Flame View Post
You're complaining the screws not making it realistic, how about the fact that they used A GIANT FREAKING MAGNET TO DESTROY EVIDENCE IN A POLICE LOCKER?

That was ridiculous. I hate how they have these ridiculous plot devices sometimes to get around loose ends. I love the show, but I get really frustrated sometimes.
The XKCD guy needs to tackle the GIANT FREAKING MAGNET theory in his next blog post.
fredr123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:36 AM   #222
Tinordi
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Wasn't a big fan of that actually. They just wrote themselves a get out of jail free card with Walt saying "everything's untraceable." Uh huh? Really?

A huge electromagnet clearly used in junk yards and wreckers with 20 car batteries rigged up to it. Hmm, wonder where that could have come from. Police go down to the two, at most three, junkyards in the area and notice if there are any brand new electromagnets in use. I mean maybe you could get around it but the police will be hot on that scent trail.
Tinordi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tinordi For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2012, 12:35 PM   #223
aaronck
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinordi View Post
Wasn't a big fan of that actually. They just wrote themselves a get out of jail free card with Walt saying "everything's untraceable." Uh huh? Really?

A huge electromagnet clearly used in junk yards and wreckers with 20 car batteries rigged up to it. Hmm, wonder where that could have come from. Police go down to the two, at most three, junkyards in the area and notice if there are any brand new electromagnets in use. I mean maybe you could get around it but the police will be hot on that scent trail.
I sort of saw it as Walt showing Mike that he was "the man" now. Did Mike ask Gus a lot of questions about plans and orders? Nope, I think he did pretty much what Gus asked, no questions asked.
aaronck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:40 PM   #224
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronck View Post
I sort of saw it as Walt showing Mike that he was "the man" now. Did Mike ask Gus a lot of questions about plans and orders? Nope, I think he did pretty much what Gus asked, no questions asked.
That seemed to be a major theme from the episode, between his interaction with Mike and Saul.

To be fair, Saul just realized now that Gus was dead. He will take some time to adjust to the fact that the chain of command has almost reversed itself on him.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:42 PM   #225
YYC in LAX
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredr123 View Post
The XKCD guy needs to tackle the GIANT FREAKING MAGNET theory in his next blog post.
I hope Mythbusters conduct this experiment in the near future.

YYC in LAX is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to YYC in LAX For This Useful Post:
Old 07-16-2012, 03:00 PM   #226
Igottago
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

We don't know that the police won't be on that trail. Maybe Walt is getting overconfident. Perhaps the police will have something to go on in the next few episodes.

"I was like Christ, lying on my back, with my arms outstretched, crucified"
-- Frank Musil - Early January 1994
Igottago is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 03:34 PM   #227
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igottago View Post
We don't know that the police won't be on that trail. Maybe Walt is getting overconfident. Perhaps the police will have something to go on in the next few episodes.

That was my thinking as well. Of c ourse its traceable, it could just be showing how over-confident/arrogant walt is. All it will do is lead the police to Heizenberg.
Old 07-16-2012, 04:24 PM   #228
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igottago View Post
They do...remember the note that they found in the broken picture frame.
Table 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:33 PM   #229
Daradon
Has lived the dream!

Exp:

Quote:

Actually I wonder if that WILL come back to haunt him. They did make a bit of a deal about the truck being left behind. It might be his hubris coming back to get him when he's so confident that it is untraceable.

If they really wanted to give them a clean getaway, the could have written it into the script easy enough. I think they might use it in a plot point actually.
Daradon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:49 PM   #230
BlackRedGold25
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daradon View Post
Actually I wonder if that WILL come back to haunt him. They did make a bit of a deal about the truck being left behind. It might be his hubris coming back to get him when he's so confident that it is untraceable.

If they really wanted to give them a clean getaway, the could have written it into the script easy enough. I think they might use it in a plot point actually.
I think it was done more to show the progression of Walt in comparing how he reacted to this successful scheme that didn't go perfectly smoothly with his earlier successful scheme that didn't go smoothly when he and Jesse stole the chemicals. Walt is far more confident and smug.
BlackRedGold25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 04:52 PM   #231
Daradon
Has lived the dream!

Exp:

The one thing that did disappoint me a bit was the length. A 42 minute run time and that was WITH 'last season on Breaking Bad' roundup.

The episodes are getting shorter. Filling 16 won't be hard if they're all short. :/
Old 07-16-2012, 05:15 PM   #232
BlackRedGold25
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
The one thing that did disappoint me a bit was the length. A 42 minute run time and that was WITH 'last season on Breaking Bad' roundup.

The episodes are getting shorter. Filling 16 won't be hard if they're all short. :/
Would you have preferred it if they had added a five minute scene of Walter Junior eating cereal?
BlackRedGold25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 05:18 PM   #233
Daradon
Has lived the dream!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRedGold25 View Post
Would you have preferred it if they had added a five minute scene of Walter Junior eating cereal?
Heh maybe. I just wish it was longer. All of my buddies and I couldn't believe it when it ended, felt it shoulda been longer.

Course that's the sign of a good show. Still felt like it just got rolling and then it ended. Maybe I just built it up a little too much in the recent weeks.
Old 07-16-2012, 05:51 PM   #234
Displaced Flames fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ratings were outstanding of course.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/07/16/br...s-2/?hpt=hp_t3
Old 07-16-2012, 08:11 PM   #235
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
So everyone all caught up? MMF? Ashasx?
I just finished the 4th season tonight, and then watched the season premiere that I had recorded.

I just love this show. So much fun. Never have has a television series been able to draw me in with all these choices that Walt has to make. Just fantastic.

Glad I'm caught up, and looking forward to next Sunday.
Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:51 PM   #236
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Spoiler!

Epic episode. I can already feel this season is gonna be crazy!!
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:35 AM   #237
Mike F
Franchise Player

Exp:

One thing that I've seen pointed out in reviews of the first episode is that one of the most tantalizing thing about the cold open was that it showed a very different Walter - the arrogance and extreme self confidence that he showed in the rest of the episode was nowhere to be seen and he seemed somewhat beaten as he stared at his birthday breakfast.

There's a big fall in store for Walter White, and it's not going to be a Soprano's-esque last scene fall. He's going to experience it fully and have to live with it for at least a while.
Mike F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:10 AM   #238
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike F View Post
One thing that I've seen pointed out in reviews of the first episode is that one of the most tantalizing thing about the cold open was that it showed a very different Walter - the arrogance and extreme self confidence that he showed in the rest of the episode was nowhere to be seen and he seemed somewhat beaten as he stared at his birthday breakfast.

There's a big fall in store for Walter White, and it's not going to be a Soprano's-esque last scene fall. He's going to experience it fully and have to live with it for at least a while.
One thing the writers have hinted at is that if anyone still has sympathy for Walt even after poisoning the child (I do), they won't after some other things happen in this season. I take this to mean that he does something to outright betray someone and cause their demise.

I am guessing it's Hank. In the first episode, you could tell by the way his son was going on about "Hank the hero" and it irritated Walt, that the writers are going to play that angle again.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:07 AM   #239
Mike F
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
One thing the writers have hinted at is that if anyone still has sympathy for Walt even after poisoning the child (I do), they won't after some other things happen in this season. I take this to mean that he does something to outright betray someone and cause their demise.

I am guessing it's Hank. In the first episode, you could tell by the way his son was going on about "Hank the hero" and it irritated Walt, that the writers are going to play that angle again.
Could be he does something to Hank or it could be his actions finally cause collateral damage to his family, like Walt Jr.
Mike F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:17 AM   #240
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

I really hope nothing happens to Hank. You gotta love that guy.
Table 5 is offline   Reply With Quote