Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2016, 10:35 PM   #41
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

I had a great time this year. My main focus this year (since I wasn't volunteering) was to take pictures of all the cosplay I saw. Because I've volunteered a handful of years in a row now, and like numbers, I kept a few stats. For this year, I:

took 393 (keepable and posted) pictures
walked 78,991 steps, which is roughly 54km.

I saw a lot of great costumes. I ended up getting a small model of the Normandy SR-1. Had a great time, and am looking forward to getting back to volunteering next year. I took this year 'off' from volunteering, since I'd never actually attended a Con, just worked it. I wanted to see it from 'the other side'.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2016, 11:07 PM   #42
Cliche
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Billie Piper had a near miss with one of the birds in the rafters pooping on the stage set below. No issues from them during either Stan Lee or Famke Janssen.

Stan Lee kept ragging on the boom camera.

The closest VR experience to be had was the Superchannel booth and that was pretty much samsung phones in vr headsets.

For a first time not too bad with the crush of people.

Last edited by Cliche; 05-01-2016 at 11:10 PM.
Cliche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 11:28 PM   #43
Gravitykillr
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
I had a great time this year. My main focus this year (since I wasn't volunteering) was to take pictures of all the cosplay I saw. Because I've volunteered a handful of years in a row now, and like numbers, I kept a few stats. For this year, I:

took 393 (keepable and posted) pictures
walked 78,991 steps, which is roughly 54km.

I saw a lot of great costumes. I ended up getting a small model of the Normandy SR-1. Had a great time, and am looking forward to getting back to volunteering next year. I took this year 'off' from volunteering, since I'd never actually attended a Con, just worked it. I wanted to see it from 'the other side'.
There were so many people taking pictures, my wife and I had our picture taken and couldn't find the picture anywhere online.
I had a kid around my son's age (10 or so) ask for a picture with me which was a surprise as we were both wearing store bought assassin's creed costumes and I didn't expect to get asked. We went Saturday and it was alot of fun, think it'll be a staple for years to come for our family.
Gravitykillr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 12:03 AM   #44
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravitykillr View Post
There were so many people taking pictures, my wife and I had our picture taken and couldn't find the picture anywhere online.
I had a kid around my son's age (10 or so) ask for a picture with me which was a surprise as we were both wearing store bought assassin's creed costumes and I didn't expect to get asked. We went Saturday and it was alot of fun, think it'll be a staple for years to come for our family.
Glad to hear it! Pictures will start showing up online in the next 2-6 days or so. I get my galleries up the day of, but I don't do any re-touching or editing, it's just the raw take from my camera. The Expo's flickr account is a good place to look for pictures, and keep an eye on their "visitor posts" section, as folks post galleries there. Also, within the next couple days, they'll usually post a "Cosplay megapost 2016" for everyone's whose taken pics they want to share online. That's a very good place to find pics, provided that the person taking them wants to put them online.
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2016, 07:03 AM   #45
The Goon
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

They announced attendance of 103 500 this year, only time more was last year's 104 000, which is pretty great with the current economy.

I loved the John Barrowman panel - the man is unbridled energy - hitting on the cameramen, telling great stories, joking around with the questioners, and even singing a couple of tunes.

Also enjoyable were the Shatner and Charles Martinet panels. My son (5) had a great time this year with the bouncy castles, the parade, all the people in costume, and the toys we bought him.

My legs feel terrible this morning.
We may curse our bad luck that it's sounds like its; who's sounds like whose; they're sounds like their (and there); and you're sounds like your. But if we are grown-ups who have been through full-time education, we have no excuse for muddling them up.
The Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Goon For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2016, 09:10 AM   #46
LouCypher
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Here is a link to my usual collection of Photos from the 2016 show. Still a work in progress as I took far to many and still working on editing the bunch. Enjoy!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/samura...57668304173225

Last edited by LouCypher; 05-12-2016 at 09:35 AM.
LouCypher is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LouCypher For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2016, 10:39 AM   #47
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouCypher View Post
Here is a link to my usual collection of Photos from the 2016 show. Still a work in progress as I took far to many and still working on editing the bunch. Enjoy!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/samura...57668304173225
Nice collection of shots you got there!