Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2017, 09:25 AM   #101
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie View Post
This beaut right here. Dad bought it for $200, put a little elbow grease into it and it ran forever. Not sure whatever happened to it. (not my actual car, couldn't find a picture, but it looked exactly like this)

Hah, awesome. Reminds me that I came across this beaut for sale on Kijiji a few days ago when I was bored (I know, not a Pacer, but still).

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/...ationFlag=true

"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 11:40 AM   #102
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

A 1985 Olds Cutlass Supreme that truly was a giant POS! It looked like this, horrible gold colour and all.

My buddy Gary had it and he had dropped a 307 in it and had duel exhaust and a sunroof. It was also rusting out but I thought it was cool as I was 17 at the time, my own musclecar! I traded my one year old Technics sound system straight up for it, boy was I stupid. To get it safetied I had to have a bunch of work done and the bill came to over $2000. In 1992 for a 17 year old that was a bunch of money! After that it started leaking tranny fluid. I was dumping a bottle of tranny fluid in that pig every time I drove it. It sounded cool but it was a gutless Cutlass. About 3 months after I got it I had the sunroof open and was driving down the highway and the clamp that holds the sunroof on broke right off and the glass went flying back behind me and shattered on the road. I couldn't find a replacement so I caulked a piece of weather treated wood in the hole, that looked amazing let me tell you! I had it all together maybe 7 months before the engine just died so I scrapped it for like $100. Tough lesson learned at a young age about the repercussions of jumping into things you know nothing about.

Last edited by dissentowner; 05-14-2017 at 11:42 AM.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dissentowner For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2017, 12:05 PM   #103
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatWhiteEbola View Post

Bought it when I was 17, second owner, I still have it. It's for sale if anyone is interested...
Man, drop a 3.8L supercharged engine from an old late 90's Grand Prix GTP in that thing and hold on for dear life!
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dissentowner For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2017, 01:01 PM   #104
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Hah, awesome. Reminds me that I came across this beaut for sale on Kijiji a few days ago when I was bored (I know, not a Pacer, but still).

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/...ationFlag=true

because my folks had a Gremlin (obviously not the drag car version LOL) before we moved to Canada. I was a toddler so I don't remember it but they talked about it throughout my growing up years. I imagine if my dad was still alive, he'd still talk about it.

My dad loved cars, the weird ones too. However, at one point, he had an MG Roadster. THAT is a car I'd have love to have had in the family forever.
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 01:12 PM   #105
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hah, funny you should say that, because technically, the 1978 MGB roadster was the first car I ever "owned". I basically never drove it. It was originally my mom's, then went to my granddad, and we fixed some electrical stuff to get it running again, but not for very long. I left it in the garage for my cousin, who I gather is still working on it.

"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 05:48 PM   #106
Sample00
Sleazy Banker

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie View Post
because my folks had a Gremlin (obviously not the drag car version LOL) before we moved to Canada. I was a toddler so I don't remember it but they talked about it throughout my growing up years. I imagine if my dad was still alive, he'd still talk about it.

My dad loved cars, the weird ones too. However, at one point, he had an MG Roadster. THAT is a car I'd have love to have had in the family forever.
Being an AMC fan, I've seen a bunch of stuff done with these Gremlins.

Grew up with a guy that took the 6 cyl out of it and threw in a 401ci engine with a 4 speed. Good gawed that thing hauled...

And in the recent World of Wheels show in Edmonton, the guy next to me dropped a 350 Chevy into his.

However, this one here, is my personal favourite....

Sample00 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sample00 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2017, 07:35 PM   #107
GreatWhiteEbola
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
Man, drop a 3.8L supercharged engine from an old late 90's Grand Prix GTP in that thing and hold on for dear life!
I had a 3800 SC from a '98 Buick Park Avenue Ultra that I was prepping for a swap. But I sold it. I started working on 4G Mitsubishi motors, wanted to do a 4G69 with a DOHC swap and turbo it. Now I'm in school that isn't going to happen.

Pontibishi is where I would want to go, a Fiero with a 4G63T swap, and a bunch of other mods. Matt Farah calls it the "Death Fiero", for good reason...

Work in progress 38 psi 640 whp on the dyno while being conservative, could probably go to 800 whp.

But realistically I am still considering the 3800 swap.

Last edited by GreatWhiteEbola; 05-14-2017 at 07:39 PM.
GreatWhiteEbola is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GreatWhiteEbola For This Useful Post:

Tags
car , fft , member berries