Displaced Flames fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Cheese FTW.
Old 05-12-2017, 09:57 AM   #43
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

No pictures (it was a long time ago and I don't think I took any).

1970 Dodge 1/2 ton with 3 on the tree manual transmission. That thing was a blast. Sold it to my brother a couple of years later for what I paid for it (which was pretty much nothing) and he drove it for a few more years.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 09:59 AM   #44
Mark
Backup Goalie

Exp:

1991 Pontiac Sunbird. Complete with a horrible homemade rear window tint job.

Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 10:00 AM   #45
woob
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

First car, for a short time, was a 1966 Vauxhall Viva with a Buick V6 and 5 speed in it. Was ridiculous amounts of fun to drive but also somewhat of a death trap. I remember having to run a solid red by the University because the brakes were terrible at speed. I loved it but only drove it for about 4 months. Sold it to some guy who wanted to race it. I'd love to find it again.

Was the exact colour as this one, white exterior with a red wine interior.

Second car was a 1980 Buick Skylark. It was sitting on neighbour's lot in the tall grass. Their son had driven it for a few years and had a couple accidents and put it through a barbed wire fence. Got it for free and spent the next 3-4 months doing all the body work, giving it a re-spray, and getting the engine running again. It was sweet when it was done and I was super proud to drive this 14 year old car everywhere, as I had brought it back from the dead. It had a sunroof that leaked in the rain sometimes which was annoying, but loved having a sunroof. Good times!

Same colour combo as this one:

woob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to woob For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2017, 11:58 AM   #46
foshizzle11
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Spoiler!

Spoiler for size.

I had this but in orange. An 84 Mercury Topaz, bought in 2000 when I was in university and my dad thought it was a good buy from a local auction. $75 bid won this beauty that was actually driven into the auction house so it couldn't have been too bad. Well my dad ended up spending about $1,000 fixing it up, including installing a new clutch and new emergency break. It was my first standard and didn't have power steering. It had 250,000 km on it and I ended up putting another 100,000 on it before it finally died 3 years later. This included driving it out to Vancouver and back to Calgary a few times.

Then I bought my first car from a friend at Shaw GMC, got a 3 year old Saturn Ion in 2007 with those suicide doors, a 2004 and drove that up until this past fall when my boyfriend got rear ended, still runs like a charm and under 200,000km on it but the truck won't open and the insurance company wrote it off.

Now I have this:
Spoiler!

2003 Black Wolfsburg Jetta. Love this thing. So fun to drive and it was like new when we bought in November 2016.
Old 05-12-2017, 12:06 PM   #47
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

1984 Ford Mustang 5.0L

That is not the photo of my actual car, its just the same style and colour but I had just stock rims on it.

That thing with a tired engine and decent all-season tires and 500 pounds of sand in the trunk was a bitch to drive in the winter.

What a fun car!

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 12:12 PM   #48
MissTeeks
Franchise Player

Exp:

Mine was my grandmother's 1989 98 Oldsmobile Regency. She only drove it in Palm Springs for 4 months a year. It was a beautiful boat with a 6 disk changer in the trunk which I thought was the coolest thing when I was 16.

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.
MissTeeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 12:58 PM   #49
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

fun idea - I purchased my first rig in 1983 and it was a 1969 cougar. similar color to the rig below, but no hood scoop, fancy wheels or rear spoiler - sure would be fun to take something like this for a spin again. Best part about the car was the hidden headlight hatch.

Old 05-12-2017, 12:59 PM   #50
csnarpy
First Line Centre

Exp:

I had other cars before this but this was my first Brand New car. I bought this little guy from an America base when I was posted in Germany. Great car, topped it on the Autobahn at 243. Brought it back to Canada after my base closed and had it for 4 years before getting a jeep.

Just a great little car.
csnarpy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to csnarpy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2017, 01:01 PM   #51
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Mine was a 1978 Grand Prix SJ I bought off one of my dad's co-workers. It was the sports model that came with a 301 V8 engine, 4 barrel carb and custon wheels. It wasn't much to look at but it had a lot of giddy up when you hit the gas pedal and a very smmoth ride on the highway.

The only downside was that the original owner was a cigar smoker and in the winter the car would reek when you turned on the heat. Took about a year and some pine tree fresheners hanging from the rearview mirror to get rid of the smell.

Old 05-12-2017, 01:04 PM   #52
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

Had no idea there were so many pimps on cp.
OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 01:11 PM   #53
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

This was my first car, the ladies loved it:

Muta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Muta For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2017, 01:34 PM   #54
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

'92 Cavalier Convertible!

Thought I was awesome with a convertible. Unfortunately for me it was complete junk!

btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 01:34 PM   #55
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mass_nerder View Post
I was in my first year of university and my dad told me he was going to buy me a car...turns out it was my cousin's grandma's car (she was moving into a home).
1985 Plymouth K car (this would have been in 2005). It was in fantastic condition, and she had kept literally every piece of paperwork for any work done on it, all at the dealership basically. I guess back in 85, a passenger side mirror was an option, because this one definitely didn't have one, or ever have one for that matter.

I cringed when he gave me the car, but when I was living in residence I was basically the only one who had a car, so everyone loved it. I can remember driving back to Calgary with 5 people in the car, only hitting 100km/hr going down a hill, and feeling the car bottom out every time we went over a bump.

Terrible car, but some pretty funny memories.
If I Had $1000000 (If I Had $1000000)
I'd buy you a K-Car (a nice Reliant automobile)
Old 05-12-2017, 01:39 PM   #56
MRCboicgy
Referee

Exp:

86 Audi. Paid like 2800 for it with only 60K on it (literally a grandma selling it) Drove it from highschool till it died

My fav thing was the "80's Teutonic Cream" paint job you still see on a few Benz around.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MRCboicgy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2017, 01:48 PM   #57
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Geez I didn't think I'd read through three pages and be the first person who's first car was from this millennium. I'm not that young...

Silver 2001 Hyundai Accent

Like this one:

Got it as a hand-me-down from my dad because my older sister never paid him back for her first car, so he figured it was only fair that I got one for no charge too. Decent little car. Transmission blew pretty early (like, 120k) so that was annoying, but otherwise she ran well and made me a smidge more popular in 12th grade.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 02:13 PM   #58
calumniate
Franchise Player

Exp:

A great synopsis of my first car.. I'm almost shedding tears here. So beautiful

calumniate is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to calumniate For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2017, 02:18 PM   #59
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

A hand me down from my Mom. I was lucky enough to drive a 5.0L 1984 Buick Lesabre

The picture isn't of my exact car but it was the closest I could find.
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 02:22 PM   #60
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I'm surprised in a sense that with the apparent wealth of all of the Calgary Puck posters, that this wasn't a thread titled

My first private plane - It was a G2, all my friends had a G3. I was so jelly, I hate my father hate him hate him
My first yacht - it was a 51 footer, anything below 100 feet is so trashy
My first butler - It was a guy named Smith, I told him his name was Sunnyfeathers,

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
car , fft , member berries