Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2017, 12:19 PM   #381
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Best part is Magic admitted like 10 days ago he doesn't even know the CBA rules completely, and he is going to hire Kobe for a front office role, possibly as GM even.
Old 02-21-2017, 01:41 PM   #382
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlpineOracle View Post
I wonder if a package of JV, Ross, and a first would have got the Raptors Cousins? In my opinion that is a better deal for the Kings and for the Raps Cousins > JV + Ibaka. Cousins would completely dominate the East.
But the simple fact is that Cousins would not dominate the East if he was a Raptor.

He would need the ball to do so, and he isn't going to get it.

You have a coach with limited offensive accumen whose entire system is to isolate the guards and have them shoot high volumes.

Cousin would get ticked off pretty quick when he only shoots 5-7 times per game, all of which are offensive rebounds or last second dump offs.
Old 02-21-2017, 01:47 PM   #383
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

JV and Ross are also not what the Kings want. They are tanking for the next season and a half, so they want rookies or second year guys, which leaves Poeltl and maybe Powell as potential bait. But they already have Willie Cauley-Stein, so Poeltl is just too similar. Powell is a harder sell as a second round pick and not a top three pick like Buddy Hield, and despite Hield's lackluster season he still has a high ceiling, much higher than anything the Raps could have offered. Plus what killer_carlson said, unless Lowry or DeRozan are being dealt too, Cousins will never get the ball, making his acquisition kind of pointless. Ibaka is used to playing with two (or even three) guys who dominate the ball, so given the current makeup of the Raps, he's a much better fit.

Last edited by Senator Clay Davis; 02-21-2017 at 01:50 PM.
Senator Clay Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 02:18 PM   #384
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Best part is Magic admitted like 10 days ago he doesn't even know the CBA rules completely, and he is going to hire Kobe for a front office role, possibly as GM even.
I hadn't read this, but Kobe as GM would be hilarious. If they ever got close to a championship, he'd blow the team up and rebuild just to make sure they didn't outshine his championship years.

(Not really, I think he's actually a smart guy but the ego just seems like an awful fit for GMing.)
octothorp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to octothorp For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2017, 03:22 PM   #385
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

Rotoworld reporting Det rejected a JV for Drummond Deal
Jason14h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 04:14 PM   #386
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Drummond is the slower, worse offensive version of JV, and is a much bigger cap liability. Would have been a very weird trade to make. It does however strongly suggest JV will be dealt in the summer though.
Old 02-21-2017, 06:12 PM   #387
St. Pats
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post

Not as GM apparently. They have some agent dude they are signing up for that job. Kobe's agent. So yeah Kobe will have some job in the organization if he wants it with those running the show.
St. Pats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 05:31 PM   #388
St. Pats
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Was hoping for Tucker or Bogdanovic as the guys Raptors would pick up. Tucker for D and Bog for O. But the stinkin Wizards grabbed Bog first.
Old 02-22-2017, 06:38 PM   #389
St. Pats
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Hawks pick up Illyasova and it's clear the Eastern contenders know it's completely up for grabs who will battle the Cavs in the ECF. Wizards and Hawks both having made their moves to shore up weak spots. Raptors with a move and probably another to come. Celtics you have to figure make a big move as they have so many assets to move.

Just took one team adding to open up the battle it seems.
Old 02-22-2017, 08:45 PM   #390
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think the Raps will remain as is. Nothing to back that up, just a hunch. When there's too many rumors, it's bound to underwhelm.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 10:53 PM   #391
St. Pats
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleury View Post
I think the Raps will remain as is. Nothing to back that up, just a hunch. When there's too many rumors, it's bound to underwhelm.
I can't believe MU would leave the team so vulnerable to a Carroll injury. He could do a just nothing swap by waiving Sullinger and picking Barnes up for nothing.

I think he needs to address that depth issue but yeah unless he is willing to unload JV etc. I don't see any George or etc. type deals either. In fact they might even be in tough to get Tucker as the Celtics apparently want him. Celtics can easily match and beat any offer the Raptors make on any player. I'm actually more scared of what they will do than what the Raptors may add.
Old 02-23-2017, 09:03 AM   #392
InBurkeWeTrust
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

The Raptors have pursued Wilson Chandler in a trade, according to Marc Stein of ESPN.com.
The Raptors want a bigger forward or a shooter, so Chandler clearly fits the bill. They're going for it this year and really just need one more guy in their rotation to replace Terrence Ross. Chandler would take a big hit in fantasy with a trade.
InBurkeWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 09:33 AM   #393
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Love reading some of the Raps fans proposals for getting Paul George. Dare to dream I guess.
Old 02-23-2017, 09:58 AM   #394
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by InBurkeWeTrust View Post
The Raptors have pursued Wilson Chandler in a trade, according to Marc Stein of ESPN.com.
The Raptors want a bigger forward or a shooter, so Chandler clearly fits the bill. They're going for it this year and really just need one more guy in their rotation to replace Terrence Ross. Chandler would take a big hit in fantasy with a trade.
The trade I can see working for both sides is Sullinger/Joseph/1st for Chandler/Nelson.

In addition to the 1st, Denver gets a guy who makes more long-term sense as a backup to Mudiay.

Toronto gets awesome wing depth, plus an insurance policy if Wright isn't ready for full-time backup minutes yet.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:04 AM   #395
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

So good news for the Raps, sort of. The Sixers basically just gave Nerlens Noel away to the Mavs for Bogut (who will be bought out), Justin Anderson and two second round picks (it's a first that is top 18 protected, so yeah, two seconds). So why good news for the Raps? Because Bryan Colangelo is the Sixers GM. And he clearly still sucks at GM'ing. So he very well might destroy the process with horrible management, and the Sixers might never become a threat to the Raps.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:36 AM   #396
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

And now bad news for the Raps: The Celtics have apparently put the Nets pick this year in play to get Paul George. Although I'm weary of George long term, in the short term it would definitely make the Celtics the clear #1 threat to Cleveland.
Old 02-23-2017, 12:51 PM   #397
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Indiana now saying they're keeping George.

Bulls just trade McDermott and Gibson for Cameron Payne, which suggests rebuilding mode a bit... Will Boston and Chicago get together on a Butler trade in the last few minutes?
Old 02-23-2017, 01:00 PM   #398
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by octothorp View Post
Indiana now saying they're keeping George.

Bulls just trade McDermott and Gibson for Cameron Payne, which suggests rebuilding mode a bit... Will Boston and Chicago get together on a Butler trade in the last few minutes?
Gar Forman and John Paxson are two of the biggest idiots in the NBA behind the Kings and Knicks front offices They're the reason the Bulls are such a mess. No way those 2 stooges should be leading a rebulid.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 01:02 PM   #399
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Raps get PJ Tucker.
Old 02-23-2017, 01:05 PM   #400
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

And it's for Sullinger and two second round picks. Masai not having to give up a first, because of course.

Tags
competitive disparity , in masai we trust , minny is further north , nat'l blowout association , nba 2k17 is the bomb , swept away , yawnba